• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL 2023 draft simulator

Good attack on the trenches, and still came away with a CB and WR. I am hoping this is their mindset. Trade down if value isn't there and attack the trenches.
of course it isnt.

we'll go WR, TE, CB, S, G, DE

Bad news draftniks. One of my favorite prospects per ESPN is returning to Penn State in 23- next season.Olu Fashanu. You might as well take him off your future mocks.
Im sure boosters are compensating him well for returning, but he is probably leaving a ton of money on the table staying if he really was expected to go top 5… the thing you have to remember is at his age he would likely get two seriously huge contracts if he pans out… getting to that sixth year ufa at age 25/26 is HUGE for a stud top 5 guy…

He can graduate anytime… from a total money standpoint it isn’t a great choice… but maybe he thinks they will contend next year…

Im sure boosters are compensating him well for returning, but he is probably leaving a ton of money on the table staying if he really was expected to go top 5… the thing you have to remember is at his age he would likely get two seriously huge contracts if he pans out… getting to that sixth year ufa at age 25/26 is HUGE for a stud top 5 guy…

He can graduate anytime… from a total money standpoint it isn’t a great choice… but maybe he thinks they will contend next year…
Yeah if he is graduating motivated I would have to like that but as mentioned to you can go back and get that finished. Many have. **** I went back to school in my 40s after being blue collar for 20 plus years. It is doable. I think if that kind of money is on the plate you eat.

hell, we may even draft TWO quarterbacks to make it interesting.

Yep Jordan Addison at like 3 overall because that's what the Bungals did.
You have no idea how spot on you can be. As they already cleared the slot out and now Kenny's ol favorite is right there for the plucking. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see that as the pick despite the majority of us wanting trench warfare.

Yeah if he is graduating motivated I would have to like that but as mentioned to you can go back and get that finished. Many have. **** I went back to school in my 40s after being blue collar for 20 plus years. It is doable. I think if that kind of money is on the plate you eat.
yeah, he may be advised that if he goes to the draft he'll be top 5. but a blown ACL could drop him a few rounds.

You have no idea how spot on you can be. As they already cleared the slot out and now Kenny's ol favorite is right there for the plucking. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see that as the pick despite the majority of us wanting trench warfare.
Last year I had l accidentally pegged several actual draft picks long before the draft using utter and total sarcasm lol …maybe I’m gonna have repeat success this year 🤣🤣🤣

Steelers are going to win enough to blow their first chance at top draft picks in decades. They have no chance at a top 5 and are losing their grip on a top 10 with even another win or two. My guess is they end up picking in the 13-15 range and end up reaching for someone most boards have as a late 1st or 2nd-round pick.

Steelers are going to win enough to blow their first chance at top draft picks in decades. They have no chance at a top 5 and are losing their grip on a top 10 with even another win or two. My guess is they end up picking in the 13-15 range and end up reaching for someone most boards have as a late 1st or 2nd-round pick.

The steelers top ten picks all time mostly sucked outside of mean joe, Bradshaw, Harris and Woodson. Even if they did get a top ten, they should trade down.. draft more and play the odds …

so, bidness as usual?

I mean id rather them trade from a top ten pick if they had on down into the late teens or 20’s and pick up another late first… this way if they end up with one Ziggy hood or Artie burns pick, maybe the other guy it a TJ watt or Cam Heyward

Here's my attempt #1

Pick Order determined by the site:

12. Quentin Johnston - WR - TCU(#8 - Ranked overall)

33. Antonio Johnson - S - aTm(#28 - Ranked overall)

42. Emmanuel Forbes - CB - Miss St.(#43 Ranked overall)

73. Traded to Atl for 78th, 116th, & 126th pick
(73rd & 2024 R3 -> Atl)
(78th, 116th, & 126th -> Pit)

78. John Michael Schmitz - IOL - Minn(#60 Ranked overall)

110. Byron Young - DL - Ala(#98 Ranked overall)

116. Kenny McIntosh - RB - UGA(#114 Ranked overall)

126. Michael Penix Jr. - QB - Wash(#112 Ranked overall)

187. Mohamoud Diabate - LB - Utah(#134 Ranked overall)

228. Jaxson Kirkland - OT - Wash(#179 Ranked overall)

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator

I liked this one a bit. I traded down with Philly for their first, second, and their first and fifth next year. I would have used that first next year to try to get back into the second and get Siaki Ika too, if I could have... I still got a high end OT in the first, solidified the safety position in case edmunds and Kazee leave in UFA, Got a replacement LB, got an interior lineman that plays center, got the obligatory mid round WR, and a couple CBs I think have potential (Ok seriously I drafted Storm Duck at the end of the 7th because of the name... yeah he could pan out, but in an ideal world, he makes the roster, we replace Mason with Rattler, PH3 switches to the #2 jersey, so his number fits his punts.... and Storm Duck gets #6 so a quarter million yinzers can reuse their Duck Jerseys LOL)
    Peter Skoronski
    OT Northwestern

Brian Branch
    S Alabama

Henry To'oTo'o
    LB Alabama

John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

Marvin Mims
    WR Oklahoma

Nehemiah Pritchett
    CB Auburn

Spencer Rattler
    QB South Carolina

Storm Duck
    CB North Carolina

• 2024 PHI 1st
  • 2024 PHI 5th

that https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/ database...

traded down

18. Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern
33. Eli Ricks, CB, Bama
46. Darnell Washington, Georgia
48. Siaki Ika, DT, Baylor
73. Dawand Jones, OT, ohio state
107. Ricky Stromberg, C, Arkinsaw
124. Will McDonald IV, Edge, Iowa State
206. Cornelius Johnson, WR, Meatchicken

wtf is Cornhole Johnson ranked so low there????

1.13 Jordan Addison, WR, USC
-Not a great board as it came down to Addision, Porter Jr., or Cam Smith. While I wanted a defensive back, I thought Addison could make the bigger impact. A combination of Addison and Pickens is a very good 1-2 moving forward.

2.33 Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
-Lock up a left tackle prospect early in the second round.

2.42 Felix Anudike-Uzomah, EDGE, Kansas State
-EDGE may not be the biggest need, but the Steelers like to rotate their players and having three guys who can get after the QB would be huge.

3.73 John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
-Another attempt to upgrade the interior of the offensive line.

• Paris Johnson Jr.
    OT Ohio State
    trade icon
  • PIT

Jared Verse
    EDGE Florida State

• PIT

John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

• PIT

Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor
    trade icon
  • PIT

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• PIT

Tyler Steen
    OT Alabama

• PIT

Spencer Rattler
    QB South Carolina

• PIT

DJ Turner
    CB Michigan

I clicked into TomlinMode and produced this fine piece of work:

12. Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU
33. JL Skinner, S, Boise State
42. Sean Tucker, RB, Syracuse
73. Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa
108. Keeanu Benton, DT, Wisconsin
206. Brandon Kipper, G, Oregon State
225. Grayson McCall, QB, Coastal Carolina

y'all welcome.

I clicked into TomlinMode and produced this fine piece of work:

12. Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU
33. JL Skinner, S, Boise State
42. Sean Tucker, RB, Syracuse
73. Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa
108. Keeanu Benton, DT, Wisconsin
206. Brandon Kipper, G, Oregon State
225. Grayson McCall, QB, Coastal Carolina

y'all welcome.
No random MD guy

Policies can be purchased to insure against future lost income should he get injured.

Policies can be purchased to insure against future lost income should he get injured.
That really isn’t how guys like that lose money… if you are a sure bet top ten pick, then staying in school wipes out the money you’d make that first year and a year accrued towards UFA as well. He would have been a 20 year old top ten, maybe top 5 pick… lets say he pans out as. An all pro and gets the whole 5 years that comes with a first rounder and a franchise tag for a sixth year… he is 26 when he signs his first big money deal… lets say that is a five year deal… he is only 31 when he hits free agency again…

That 31 year old deal is the one where this decision hurts… because thats where staying an extra year now lops off from in his nfl career… you theoretically are risking tens of millions of dollars in wages both because you are more likely to see a performance drop off in that season going from 31 to 32 than the 30 to 31 one… thats tail end of your prime… and because well you just are playing one less season in the nfl…

In short, staying in school matters if you aren’t going to be a first rounder and potentially can raise your stock, but anytime your stock is maxed out you should sell high as they say…

Beyond that insurance will pay if you get hurt … but not if you just have a bad year… coming back sounds noble but often its more risky and frankly stupid than people realize

I should get a job at the Steelers Front Office:

• PIT

Peter Skoronski
    OT Northwestern
    trade icon
  • PIT

Henry To'oTo'o
    LB Alabama

• PIT

Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• PIT