• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nfl.

On the NFL plan to play Lift Every Voice and Sing, I am shocked the NFL will allow it as it is a very Christian message and heavily religious. Honestly after looking at the words I really don't have much problem with it. If it would be done in place of kneeling I think it is ok.

The Star Spangled Banner is NOT a ******* "white anthem." So if blacks get their own anthem, I presume you would be fine with a "white anthem" that of course is properly worded and respectful?

If not, why not?

The Star Spangled Banner is NOT a ******* "white anthem." So if blacks get their own anthem, I presume you would be fine with a "white anthem" that of course is properly worded and respectful?

If not, why not?

Because double standards is the way with libs.

On the NFL plan to play Lift Every Voice and Sing, I am shocked the NFL will allow it as it is a very Christian message and heavily religious. Honestly after looking at the words I really don't have much problem with it. If it would be done in place of kneeling I think it is ok.

Because double standards is the way with libs.

If Tim Tebow was black no one would have dared say a word.

If not, why not?

It isn't an official Anthem, it is a gospel song that they use to represent their plight and considering some of the bad crap that is spewed it is a pretty uplifting message. Again IF it means no kneeling during the actual Anthem I am ok with it. If it doesn't quell that then **** it. It would seem to me to be a pretty decent compromise and way to bring people together.

It isn't an official Anthem, it is a gospel song that they use to represent their plight and considering some of the bad crap that is spewed it is a pretty uplifting message. Again IF it means no kneeling during the actual Anthem I am ok with it. If it doesn't quell that then **** it. It would seem to me to be a pretty decent compromise and way to bring people together.

I don't see how dividing people along anthem lines brings anyone together. We both know that if anyone kneels during the "black" anthem there will be hell to pay. If they kneel during the real anthem then nothing will happen.

Again we're either in this together or we're not.

I don't see how dividing people along anthem lines brings anyone together. We both know that if anyone kneels during the "black" anthem there will be hell to pay. If they kneel during the real anthem then nothing will happen.

It's like that is just the opposite of what the goal is. Divisiveness is the plan?

281702_image.jpg

Last edited:

It is an "Anthem" in name only. Take away that one word and would you have a problem with it based on the message of the song?

It is an "Anthem" in name only. Take away that one word and would you have a problem with it based on the message of the song?

It's not the message of the song at all I have a problem with. I have a problem with basically segregated anthems, and that's not where we've been for decades and it's not where we should be in 2020.

Yep, it is "referred" to as the black national anthem. It was originally written as a poem, but then put to music and used as a hymnal in many black churches as well as being sung in black schools, etc. The NAACP later referred to it as the black national anthem as they felt that black people at the time were mostly excluded from the American dream and can't say I rightly blame them for that. The message in the words is of their struggles and coming together under Christ. Not sure why anyone considers this divisive or thinks this is to continue to separate.......unless they let it.

Of course the NFL is pandering with this one, but it's just going to be played the 1st week at opening games. I'm thinking there is more important things to consider through this verses all of the companies and organizations that are trying to capitalize on the current movement.

Freebird!!!

yapepwtf1ollq1a1izxy.jpg

Just kidding. Do not **** with The Anthem. At all.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. What happens if the crowd simply ignores the song when it's played, focusing their attention on getting another beer, or sitting and talking with those around them?

Really what will be expected of the people in the stadium? Manners may dictate that they at least remain silent, but when something is being shoved in their face, that may not happen. Then what?

Really what will be expected of the people in the stadium? Manners may dictate that they at least remain silent, but when something is being shoved in their face, that may not happen. Then what?

How else do we expect them to react?

main-qimg-b8a0711f22d156b1936517825c04d086.webp

Last edited:
Yep, it is "referred" to as the black national anthem. It was originally written as a poem, but then put to music and used as a hymnal in many black churches as well as being sung in black schools, etc. The NAACP later referred to it as the black national anthem as they felt that black people at the time were mostly excluded from the American dream and can't say I rightly blame them for that. The message in the words is of their struggles and coming together under Christ. Not sure why anyone considers this divisive or thinks this is to continue to separate.......unless they let it.

So you can't think of one reason why this would be divisive? Again right now in the U.S. interracial killings fall 80% on blacks killing whites. Almost all interracial rapes are black on white. Blacks commit the vast majority of crimes though they make up around 12% of the total population. If a white person kills a black person that guy gets charged with a hate crime. The reverse almost never happens. Blacks are given special treatment when it comes to colleges, jobs and training. They are allowed to march with weapons without even being criticized while chanting about a black nation. And I could go on but you get the point. This is just another example of how minorities want special treatment.

Again, if white America wanted its own "Christian" Hymn would you be ok with that? It wouldn't be divisive would it?

Or what if the south wanted its own "Hymn"... you good with that?

So you can't think of one reason why this would be divisive? Again right now in the U.S. interracial killings fall 80% on blacks killing whites. Almost all interracial rapes are black on white. Blacks commit the vast majority of crimes though they make up around 12% of the total population. If a white person kills a black person that guy gets charged with a hate crime. The reverse almost never happens. Blacks are given special treatment when it comes to colleges, jobs and training. They are allowed to march with weapons without even being criticized while chanting about a black nation. And I could go on but you get the point. This is just another example of how minorities want special treatment.

Again, if white America wanted its own "Christian" Hymn would you be ok with that? It wouldn't be divisive would it?

Or what if the south wanted its own "Hymn"... you good with that?

Things like this are only divisive if you let them be. Of course there will be people on both sides getting all worked up about it and allowing all the corporate and political rhetoric on both sides rile them up. The NFL is pandering, just like NASCAR is and all the companies that are all of a sudden jumping on the diversity and inclusion bandwagon. It's what's trending, and they follow the trends. They absolutely care nothing about the actual issues of constant government overreach on people of every race/ethnicity. Perhaps everyone should start standing up to who is actually driving these divisions instead of being at each other's throats and pointing fingers about who is the absolute worse.

You keep coming back with all of the "black crime statistics" to just about every discussion. Any actual thoughts on these numbers, or any of the other numbers showing that the vast majority of violent crimes happen within each race to their own race. Stats themselves don't show the whole picture, but you knew that right. Yes, the black community has an issue with crime, but it wasn't always that way............perhaps we should look at what changed, and why there is such an issue.

White America......isn't that the Mid-west? I could give a crap if a bunch of white people wanted to create their own anthem and call it the white anthem. Obviously you don't see the difference in that from the story behind what is called the black national anthem Sounds to me like you would like that to happen, though.

Also, I'm from the south and don't give a rats *** if they came up with one. I think Indy already posted it though.

It's not the message of the song at all I have a problem with. I have a problem with basically segregated anthems, and that's not where we've been for decades and it's not where we should be in 2020.

Maybe they'll get really Progressive in the stadiums and have different drinking fountains for each race to use.

You keep coming back with all of the "black crime statistics" to just about every discussion. Any actual thoughts on these numbers, or any of the other numbers showing that the vast majority of violent crimes happen within each race to their own race. Stats themselves don't show the whole picture, but you knew that right. Yes, the black community has an issue with crime, but it wasn't always that way............perhaps we should look at what changed, and why there is such an issue.

White America......isn't that the Mid-west? I could give a crap if a bunch of white people wanted to create their own anthem and call it the white anthem. Obviously you don't see the difference in that from the story behind what is called the black national anthem Sounds to me like you would like that to happen, though.

Also, I'm from the south and don't give a rats *** if they came up with one. I think Indy already posted it though.

Just because you can't refute stats doesn't make them irrelevant. Why don't you expand on your thoughts? Why not tell us when and why it changed?

Also you might not care about the white anthem but everyone else would and you'd probably agree with them. You say you don't care but you would. You'd think it was racist. But your good with separate but equal as long as it is blacks that want to separate. Your hate racism but are fine with black racism. You even pretend to not know what white america is as if that is too racists for your blood.

I see things just fine. You however see things as most liberals... through the lens of white guilt and non-equal treatment of American citizens.

Just because you can't refute stats doesn't make them irrelevant. Why don't you expand on your thoughts? Why not tell us when and why it changed?

Also you might not care about the white anthem but everyone else would and you'd probably agree with them. You say you don't care but you would. You'd think it was racist. But your good with separate but equal as long as it is blacks that want to separate. Your hate racism but are fine with black racism. You even pretend to not know what white america is as if that is too racists for your blood.

I see things just fine. You however see things as most liberals... through the lens of white guilt and non-equal treatment of American citizens.

LOL!!! This whole comment.

I have no white guilt and do not see things the same way as liberals just because I don't see things the same way as you. I believe in equality for all....not more than, not less than. I don't agree with BLM the organization and the whiny virtue signaling liberals that look at black people as their pet projects that need them to lift them up......., and I don't agree with the right leaning supposed conservatives that just spew the latest talking points and don't offer anything up of substance than to say.......yeah, but what about white people......why don't we have a white history month, why don't we have white colleges, why don't we have white scholarship funds.....as if.

Again, the numbers are only as good as the qualifying information behind them. Just regurgitating the stats over and over again, doesn't tell the whole story. I pointed it out because you have time and time again posted the same stats in multiple threads. I'm not obsessed with them, but you most definitely are.

I'm not good with racism in any form, and I am not pretending to not know what white america is......that was sarcasm. As for a white anthem.......you are right, I would think it pretty racist for someone or a group to do that now as there would be no point in doing it other than thinking the black national anthem was somehow an insult to white people when it isn't. It's a part of American History.

Maybe they'll get really Progressive in the stadiums and have different drinking fountains for each race to use.

No ****, right? We going to segregate the seating next? Sports have been our common unifier for decades. A place where we go (both literally and figuratively) to cheer on our teams and watch/enjoy the camaraderie of "our guys". Don't give a single **** about the color of their skin.

Now the woke mob has infiltrated our beloved sports. Now it's become not so much the spirit of the sport, the chess match, the battle of wills or the camaraderie, it's now about identity politics and how can everybody appease the mob? **** that, not going along with it.

And it's not being hard-headed or not being able to deal with change or not seeing another side of a situation; it's that our sports are supposed to be colorblind, as are we. But if that can't happen, if that can't be a reality anymore -- I want no part of it. Like S4E already said, there are plenty of other things out there we can spend our time on and enjoy.

Now the woke mob has infiltrated our beloved sports. ... it's that our sports are supposed to be colorblind, as are we. But if that can't happen, if that can't be a reality anymore -- I want no part of it. Like S4E already said, there are plenty of other things out there we can spend our time on and enjoy.

This x 1000.

Does the NFL think I watch football to get lectured by a bunch of 20-something millionaires who could barely pass remedial college courses? I watch MLB, NFL, college football, etc. to get away from the **** I have to deal with everyday at work.

Know why I work despite the crap? THEY PAY ME.

And the NFL expects ME to pay IT to get lectured? Yeah, **** off.

This x 1000.

Does the NFL think I watch football to get lectured by a bunch of 20-something millionaires who could barely pass remedial college courses? I watch MLB, NFL, college football, etc. to get away from the **** I have to deal with everyday at work.

Know why I work despite the crap? THEY PAY ME.

And the NFL expects ME to pay IT to get lectured? Yeah, **** off.

Uh...I don't think Cam Heyward would approve of that attitude fella.....jus sayin'

I'm not good with racism in any form, and I am not pretending to not know what white america is......that was sarcasm. As for a white anthem.......you are right, I would think it pretty racist for someone or a group to do that now as there would be no point in doing it other than thinking the black national anthem was somehow an insult to white people when it isn't. It's a part of American History.

The toppled statues are part of American History, too. And yet, everything is "somehow and insult to black people when it isn't. It's part of American History."

How can we have a color blind society when the standards are not applied equally? It seems to be only whites who have to give up their history and identity in the national story through white guilt and the blanket charge of White Privilege.

The toppled statues are part of American History, too.

They toppled a statue of Frederick Douglass on the anniversary of what historians say was his finest speech ever.

A. Black. Abolitionist. ******* ignorant scum.