• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

No more anchor babies.

I agree with Indy on this point. Trump is using an executive order to stop a practice that was never constitutional in the first case. Gun rights are constitutional.
The 14th Amendment was put in place to make sure former slaves became citizens, not to create anchor babies and chain migration.

The 14th Amendment was put in place to make sure former slaves became citizens, not to create anchor babies and chain migration.

giphy.gif

People forget this and the intent.

This is why I have said, the Left has weaponized the 14th for their benefit.

The Earned Income Tax credit!!! They get huge ($20,000?) refunds even though they pay next to nothing in income taxes. Then they go buy fancy SUVS, purses, etc and rub it in our faces. Good times. I make a decent living but can't afford the **** they have and flaunt.

The 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments are the "Civil War" amendments. Senator Jacob Howard, the author of the amendment specifically says what the amendment means in no uncertain terms. And I quote "Every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, [meaning the states – their jurisdiction] is, by virtue of natural law and national law, a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great issue in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country."

This isn't really an issue. It just needs to be done. A citizen can't be subject to a foreign power. Illegal aliens are by definition subjects of foreign powers.

Im not really for this at all... and for the record although there was a phase it wasn’t interpreted as it is now... it went to this because it was seen as original intent. Im 10000000000% sure if trump uses an executive order to try to define constitutional amendments im going to hear all you conservatives whine like hell when liberals get the presidency and use it to gut gun control and everything else they don’t like..

Its a ******* BAD idea to set this precedent... it is a short term **** you to the other side that will have long term consequences like scrapping the filibuster or trimming judge votes to simple majority...

Just remember.... BAAAD Idea... told you so... bookmark it

If you want tge 14th amendment changed... call a damn constitutional convention as it was designed... quit trying to make a king and ruin checks and balances

Are you really this stupid? You don't see that the ruling that put this law in place was a complete **** you to the Constitution?

Doesn’t matter. Trying to over turn the constitution with an executive order is a bad idea and sets a horrible precedent that will bite conservatives in the *** down the road. While I agree with the premise, there is a method to changing the constitution and executive orders ain’t it.

Besides that, I don’t think it would stand up to constitutional scrutiny. Anywhere.

Yes, but how many people really know that? I think Trump made a strategic mistake. Legally speaking he's not correct.

He needs crystal clear clarification, otherwise fear will motivate the Democratic base.

Something like this would be better:

" Anyone born here who's parents went through legal immigration are full citizens, however children born from migrant workers who are not USA citizens, or children of parents who came here illegally do not apply to the 14th amendment. " " And I'm going to work to get that law passed or reviewed by our courts system. "

He doesn't need an executive order. He should just inform the department that is in charge of birth certificates that they can no longer give them unless they are following the law. It's a directive not an executive order.

**** what anyone thinks - full speed ahead!

LOLOLOLOL

Trumps drops MOAB on Democrats. Film at 11.

TRUMP RELEASES 'CLOSING' AD PROMISING HARD LINE BORDER STANCE, SETS OFF MEDIA FIRESTORM

President Trump dropped a "closing" ad for the 2018 midterm elections Wednesday night, and it's causing a firestorm in the media.

The ad features footage of Luis Bracamontes, a convicted cop killer and illegal immigrant. The ad says Bracamontes "Killed our people!"

The spot features footage of Bracamontes boasting of his killings and saying he'd like to kill more cops.

'Democrats let him into our country," the ad reads. "Democrats let him stay."

The ad then shows footage from the migrant caravan heading north, and shows one man telling a Fox News reporter that he's hoping President Trump will grant him a pardon for his role in a murder.

"Who else would Democrats let in?" the ad asks.

It closes with a title card reading: "President Donald J. Trump and Republicans Are Making America Safe Again."

https://news.grabien.com/story-trump-releases-closing-ad-promising-hard-line-border-stance

**** what anyone thinks - full speed ahead!

LOLOLOLOL

Trumps drops MOAB on Democrats. Film at 11.

TRUMP RELEASES 'CLOSING' AD PROMISING HARD LINE BORDER STANCE, SETS OFF MEDIA FIRESTORM

President Trump dropped a "closing" ad for the 2018 midterm elections Wednesday night, and it's causing a firestorm in the media.

The ad features footage of Luis Bracamontes, a convicted cop killer and illegal immigrant. The ad says Bracamontes "Killed our people!"

The spot features footage of Bracamontes boasting of his killings and saying he'd like to kill more cops.

'Democrats let him into our country," the ad reads. "Democrats let him stay."

The ad then shows footage from the migrant caravan heading north, and shows one man telling a Fox News reporter that he's hoping President Trump will grant him a pardon for his role in a murder.

"Who else would Democrats let in?" the ad asks.

It closes with a title card reading: "President Donald J. Trump and Republicans Are Making America Safe Again."

https://news.grabien.com/story-trump-releases-closing-ad-promising-hard-line-border-stance

Headline on CNN say Racist ad.

Headline on CNN say Racist ad.

Of course they do.

Trump will say something tomorrow. CNN will call it racist.
Trump will say something Saturday. CNN will call it racist.

So forth, and so on.

Fact is, the ad is not racist. It might be politically intense, but it is not racist.

Doesn’t matter. Trying to over turn the constitution with an executive order is a bad idea and sets a horrible precedent that will bite conservatives in the *** down the road. While I agree with the premise, there is a method to changing the constitution and executive orders ain’t it.

Sarge I think you are missing the point the Constitution doesn’t need changed by executive order only to be enforced the way it is written. That is all he has to order. Nothing more. It will then go to the SCOTUS where we will see.

Sarge I think you are missing the point the Constitution doesn’t need changed by executive order only to be enforced the way it is written. That is all he has to order. Nothing more. It will then go to the SCOTUS where we will see.

Besides, Democrats don't need any more precedent to override the Constitution with executive orders. Been there, done that.

Asplodey Head time!..... tick, tick, tick...

PRESIDENT Trump to give remarks on immigration: White House

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump will make remarks on immigration and border security on Thursday before leaving for a political rally, the White House said.

He will deliver brief remarks at the White House at 4:15 p.m. ET (2015 GMT) on “the illegal immigration crisis and give an update on border security, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...arks-on-immigration-white-house-idUSKCN1N65CU
936f1b87-ddb8-422b-b127-7c9bbd70a07b-AV7I8831.jpg

AP_FLSW119_ELECTION_2018_TR.jpg

The constitution CAN'T be changed by executive order. This is just more pie in the sky bullshit for Trump's base. Nothing is going to change, not through executive order, SCOTUS, none of it. Like I said, I agree with his premise, it HAS to end, but it isn't going to. He is powerless to change it. Period.

I've always felt that the 14th was purposefully misinterpreted by our political class to speed up the demise of our great country. There is no way that the intent of that amendment was to facilitate an industry that grafts the American public.

The constitution CAN'T be changed by executive order. This is just more pie in the sky bullshit for Trump's base. Nothing is going to change, not through executive order, SCOTUS, none of it. Like I said, I agree with his premise, it HAS to end, but it isn't going to. He is powerless to change it. Period.

He's not changing it. He's enforcing the way it was written and it's original intent.

Im not really for this at all... and for the record although there was a phase it wasn’t interpreted as it is now... it went to this because it was seen as original intent. Im 10000000000% sure if trump uses an executive order to try to define constitutional amendments im going to hear all you conservatives whine like hell when liberals get the presidency and use it to gut gun control and everything else they don’t like..

Its a ******* BAD idea to set this precedent... it is a short term **** you to the other side that will have long term consequences like scrapping the filibuster or trimming judge votes to simple majority...

Just remember.... BAAAD Idea... told you so... bookmark it

If you want tge 14th amendment changed... call a damn constitutional convention as it was designed... quit trying to make a king and ruin checks and balances

I was misled as well after reading what the 14th Amendment actually says...

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

The part I bolded is what isn't registering with people. It doesn't mean what it appears to mean...

Although everyone, including non citizens and illegals residing in the US are subject to our laws, illegals and non citizens are NOT subjects to the jurisdiction of the U.S....they are subject to the jurisdiction of whatever country they are legal citizens of.

Better put:
But that. ("subject to the jurisdiction") is not what that qualifying phrase means. Its original meaning refers to the political allegiance of an individual and the jurisdiction that a foreign government has over that individual.

This is explained clearly here, a very good read:
https://www.heritage.org/immigratio...ndamental-misunderstanding-the-14th-amendment.

Furthermore:
The Fourteenth Amendment (Amendment XIV) to the United States Constitution was adopted on July 9, 1868, as one of the Reconstruction Amendments. Arguably one of the most consequential amendments to this day, the amendment addresses citizenship rights and equal protection of the laws and was proposed in response to issues related to former slaves following the American Civil War

Trump isn't trying to usurp the Constitution by executive order, if anything he's using the power of executive order to enforce the Constitution...and the law.

Last edited:

But again he isn’t changing anything through executive order. He is only directing the enforcement of the Constitution to the way it is written. It is not pie in the sky. He is not altering the language or intent of the 14th Amendment. If he was I would agree with you. Ultimately he is just setting up the SCOTUS to rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

An article on the cost of illegal aliens.

https://www.aim.org/special-report/6-billion-a-year-for-mexican-anchor-babies/

6 billion a year to support Mexican Anchor babies?

Using this number if the wall and boarder security costs 12 billion, you’ll see a quick return on the investment.

Many USA children are facing hunger. Help them out first. Not some person trying to escape poverty that is trying to claim asylum.

A judicial interpretation of the Constitution can START with an executive order.

Look, he didn't say he was going to do it tomorrow. Part of what makes Trump, Trump is he kind of just hap-haphazardly throws **** like this out there 1) to see the liberal media throw a hissy fit and 2) to see how his base reacts to the underlying theme. Not only did he get his reaction from the media, but he also has all of us "normal" folks talking about it. And now Congress is talking about it. And op ed's around the country are talking about it.

No matter if a change to birth citizenship comes from a change in enforcement, a Presidential executive order/memorandum or a law passed by Congress, the final stop will be the Supreme Court to decide and interpret the phrase "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" in the first sentence of the 14th amendment. Obviously that was added by Congress for a reason. Obviously if Congress wanted ALL births in the U.S. to be citizens they would not have included any disclaimer at all. It would have been much cleaner and simpler to say "All persons born or naturalized in the United States are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside." But they didn't. It might take the Supreme Court to decide what the disclaimer actually means. And for about 100 years that hasn't really be adjudicated on in this country.

This is (in my opinion) the greatness of Trump. It's not about facts when he talks, it's about ideas and possibilities. Sure, it might not be (in the strictest sense) possible to eliminate birth citizenship, but that doesn't mean it's not worth talking about. That doesn't mean we shouldn't debate the merits of that policy or critique it or call it stupid.

I GUARANTEE (because I've done it 2-3 times in the last week), Google has gotten more searches for "The 14th Amendment" in a long, long time. And that's a good thing for our country in the long run.