• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

No problem naming starting QB, what about LT ?

I think I'll trust Russ over you...

"In Russ we Trust".....
Keep drinking the Kool Aid genius! Don’t expect a big windfall this season.
I hope ol’Russ comes through for the team I really do but my expectations are realistic and I’m not setting myself up for yet more disappointment.

In Russ we trust....

In you? Not so much...
Wilson is not the answer.he wasn’t the answer late in his career in Seattle and sure as hell wasn’t the answer in Denver.
You’re probably a Tomlin supporter as well.

I'm having flashbacks of Kordell and how Tomlin is already falling in love with Fields. I can see a day where fields running ability makes Tomlin drool but with his lack of a real passing attack killing the team when it matters most, ala Lamar in Balt. It would be soooooooooo Tomlin to fall in love with a QB's athletic rushing ability but to fail on the big picture. Sooooooooo Tomlin, such a dunce. A Fields'/Tomlin partnership could doom us for another 5 years.
I don't know, he passed on Lamar in the draft, maybe he's not such a fan of run first QBs. KP definitely wasn't one

I don't know, he passed on Lamar in the draft, maybe he's not such a fan of run first QBs. KP definitely wasn't one
KP was a Rooney choice, owners tend to trump all others opinions, and Rooneys all wanted Kenny, fearing he was another Marino. He wasn't. If it was all up to Shades, we'd have drafted Willis and STILL have him listed as our starter. Tomlin is THAT much of a fool.

Wilson is not the answer.he wasn’t the answer late in his career in Seattle and sure as hell wasn’t the answer in Denver.
I'd give him a shot at being CLOSER to the answer than Trubisky or Kenny, that's for sure. He did throw for more TDs last year than Kenny has for his entire career. Kenny was a cluster f--k, nothing short of a cluster f--k.

I'd give him a shot at being CLOSER to the answer than Trubisky or Kenny, that's for sure. He did throw for more TDs last year than Kenny has for his entire career. Kenny was a cluster f--k, nothing short of a cluster f--k.
Kenny had his issues that’s for sure but I still maintain Tomlin did him no favors and set him up to fail with Matt Canada.
The bar has been set very low here with QB play the last couple years so won’t take much to improve on Kenny’s numbers. I would think ol’Russ should have no problem improving on our QB production the last two years. Just don’t count on him leading us to any major success like playoff wins imo.

Kenny had his issues that’s for sure but I still maintain Tomlin did him no favors and set him up to fail with Matt Canada.
The bar has been set very low here with QB play the last couple years so won’t take much to improve on Kenny’s numbers. I would think ol’Russ should have no problem improving on our QB production the last two years. Just don’t count on him leading us to any major success like playoff wins imo.
If he leads us to ONE playoff win, Art will consider that a success, that is for sure, and so will Shades, unfortunately. And then we are back off the playoff win clock, as no one can repeat that it's been over 7 years since we won one. And then we will be back to only needing "non losing" seasons once again for years. Groovy. Out of sight!

Wilson will be playing for 1 last pay day from some team in the future. We should get his best effort. I’m hoping for the best.
We have a hell of a lot better chance than with China Doll Kenny "the privileged" in there. I've never seen a player who has done less think he deserves more.

KP was a Rooney choice, owners tend to trump all others opinions, and Rooneys all wanted Kenny, fearing he was another Marino. He wasn't. If it was all up to Shades, we'd have drafted Willis and STILL have him listed as our starter. Tomlin is THAT much of a fool.
you know as much as the rest of us. this is speculation.

In Russ we Trust...

I can do this ALL DAY

In Russ we Trust...

I can do this ALL DAY
In Russ you trust! That’s fine! Who cares?
I’m not relying on Russ but if you want to put all of your eggs in ol’Russ’s basket, have at it.
I think the team will move to young Justin a whole lot quicker than you think.
You’re not winning anything with Russ just so you know.

It’s going to be an exciting year. Can Russ hold of the Tomlin love of the rushing Fields?

I see Russ being effective enough to keep the Fields on the bench. Should Russ get hurt and Miss much time, he will not regain his starting role (just a hunch).

Salute the nation
Question is .....how much they open up our offense vs what we have done in the past these last few years. Will Tomlin have full confidence in Wilson and/or Fields? Will Smith have full controll in the direction our offense goes or will Tomlin still have his fingers involved. Curious to see what Wilson has left though. If there is any truth that we are thinking of signing Fields long term then I would rather see Fields starting than Wilson.

you know as much as the rest of us. this is speculation.

I think you are right. Marino happened in 83'-ish.................... I highly doubt that still has any weight as to who they draft. If owners held onto that for 40 years, they wouldn't be in business. It can sit in the back of the mind, but it's not a driving force put to every decision made. Some here think otherwise, but are also delusional in that respect.

Why wasn't Purdy taken ???

Salute the nation