• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Non Steelers Preseason Games Thread

If I was playing KC I'd put my best cover guy on Kelce no matter what that meant to my coverage alignment. I feel like if you limit him they are a different team.

Watching Caleb Williams. The kid is definitely worth the #1 pick. For those that haven't seen him - he has all the makings to be Pattie Mahomes 2.0...

Oh! He doesn't have on fingernail polish so there's that. @Omar10213245 must have called him.
Yeah, I didn’t have a good feeling about him but he looks like destined for greatness. I’m liking it. I was born in Chicago and my dad was a Bears fan so they’re my (distant) second favorite team.

If I was playing KC I'd put my best cover guy on Kelce no matter what that meant to my coverage alignment. I feel like if you limit him they are a different team.
Last year maybe...this year..they've got those Ferrari's and Lambo's at WR - so Pattie Mahomes may have another record breaking year...again☹️☹️☹️

Watching Caleb Williams. The kid is definitely worth the #1 pick. For those that haven't seen him - he has all the makings to be Pattie Mahomes 2.0...

Oh! He doesn't have on fingernail polish so there's that. @Omar10213245 must have called him.

But he does carry a purse. This is no bag. That's a straight up woman's purse.

keep-my-name-out-your-mouth-will-smith.gif

You're completely obsessed with stopping Kelce. Hilarious!

In watching other games compared to Steeler games, the "same ole, same ole" keeps showing up: Other teams have open receivers, we do not, nearly ever. A Tomlin team staple. Change QBs, change OCs, same results. No time to throw, no one open. Ah, like putting on an old pair of jeans. The same old patterns are here.

Interesting conversation today with Dianne Rissini and Dan Patrick. She said she's been to a lot of camps and two stuck out to her. She said Houston looks unbelievable and the way everything is run by the coaches is top notch. She said the worst she's seen is...............................Cleveland. She said it was a total dumspterfire, Watson's command of the practice was awful, etc.

Interesting conversation today with Dianne Rissini and Dan Patrick. She said she's been to a lot of camps and two stuck out to her. She said Houston looks unbelievable and the way everything is run by the coaches is top notch. She said the worst she's seen is...............................Cleveland. She said it was a total dumspterfire, Watson's command of the practice was awful, etc.
Browns are infamous for lousy camps/practices. Who recalls the time Hard Knocks visited there with Hugh and Haley there? Disaster. And the trend where 1/2 the team is "hurt and not practicing remains. It's insane.

This preseason is a joke. I heard it was the lowest scoring in a very long time. Nobody is playing. Every offense is bland.

I've watched preseason my whole life. I don't expect clever gameplans and starters playing 70% of snaps, but there has to be more than this.

They used to have 2 a day practices in pads, then they'd play 4 games and most starters would play a full half in game 3. Now i'm not sure most starters are even playing a half total over 3 weeks.

Caleb Williams is not playing this last preseason game. He finishes the preseason 10-20 for 170 yds 0 TD. Yep, he has it all figured out. Keenan Allen didn't play at all in preseason. Rome Odunze had 1 catch. DJ Moore had 2 catches. They're probably all totally in sync. No need for practice.

Just make preseason 1 game if nobody's gonna play. Stop ripping off fans for tickets. They charge full price. Don't teams force fans to buy preseason tickets as part of packages? Somebody should sue.

Just make preseason 1 game if nobody's gonna play. Stop ripping off fans for tickets. They charge full price. Don't teams force fans to buy preseason tickets as part of packages? Somebody should sue.
Teams do force preseason tickets and they aren't cheap. Just get rid of it completely and do the joint practices as I've seen many on here suggest. Starters and top backups don't play nearly as much. The games are filled with guys who are getting cut and straight up there are probably only 2-3 borderline roster spots each year.

I agree with your assessment on practices. We need to see improved technique and more practice time would help achieve that.

Fans are generally giving their preseason tickets away. Soon, they won't be able to do even that, no one will want them. Watch.

I’ve seen literally no preseason football, but I took Williams in my fantasy draft yesterday, so I hope you’re right.

Good for you
The Steelers have wheeled in the last 2 Bears starting QBs, so maybe Williams lands here to replace Wilson in 2027!

**** Fantasy Football, the original football as we KNEW it killer, fueled by GREED of course……….. then the cheatriots.

Salute the nation

Oh goody. The redskins are wearing their approximation of the Steelers throwbacks. ******* sickening.

Oh goody. The redskins are wearing their approximation of the Steelers throwbacks. ******* sickening.
I’ve been saying for years that the NFL has to put an end to teams incorporating black into their color scheme or making it a primary color when it’s a secondary color.

Ravens
Eagles
Jags
Falcons
Jets
Panthers
Cardinals
Commanders

Am I forgetting anyone?

Well, watching the NE - WAS game it looks like they’re content to kick the ball out of the endzone and give the other team possession at the 30. WTF? It’s like they’re being contemptuous of the dynamic kickoff.