• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Now that the ATL sugar high is over, does anyone else think that there's a distinct possibility that we will lose the next 6 games?

Suge Knight

Registered
Reaction score
WK 2 Broncos - We've always sucked as* against AFC West teams, we play down to sh*tty teams, and Payton is a better coach than the guy our ownership handcuffs us to. I like DEN by 8.

WK 3 Chargers - If we had ownership that cared about winning and quit extending a certain ineffective "coach", we'd have this Justin instead of the one we got. Also, Harbaugh > Tomlin. LA by a bunch.

WK 4 Colts - They barely came up short against HOU. Anthony Richardson looks like the real deal. Anyone else see that 60 yard bomb? I see him making a couple of big plays while Russell Willow opts to continue sitting out so he can nurse a hangnail before him and Ciara's next red carpet visit. Indy by 10.

WK 5 Cowboys - They invest in a high caliber QB and receivers. We trade away our star WRs without a plan and prefer to be "loyal" to well-past-their-prime-over-the-hill defensive lineman. I see Dallas running away with this one. At least 12 points.

WK 6 Raiders: They suck and they're an AFC West team. That'll prove to be too much for Tomlin. Las Vegas by 6.

WK 7 Jets - NY has a HOF QB, good WRs, a good running game, AND effective coaching. Despite no playoff success in nearly a decade, AND this being an offensive minded league, our ownership issued ANOTHER 3 year extension to our supposed defensive minded "coach", and we cleared our QB room so we could take on 2 other guys who weren't good enough elsewhere. Don't be surprised if your local network starts airing a more competitive game at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

Fandom aside, does anyone else have a similar 6 week outlook?

Maybe 3 and 3.They have no business losing to the Broncos or Raiders. The rest anything is possible.

Maybe 3 and 3.They have no business losing to the Broncos or Raiders. The rest anything is possible.
Good point. We don't lose to teams that we have no business losing to. Tomlin will make sure we're ready. He probably plans to have them practice in pads that week.

As per the first point, why is Payton better than Tomlin? As far as I can tell, they are basically the same guy. Been forever since they won a Super Bowl and both had a HOF QB and won only one. Maybe he was a bit more successful in the playoffs more recently, but shiit, I thought it was about championships. We wouldn't feel any better about Tomlin if he won a few more playoff games but no Super Bowl.

Tomlin did not ever have a bounty scandal, however.

And lastly, what a ray of sunshine after a win! What if they woulda lost?

Good point. We don't lose to teams that we have no business losing to. Tomlin will make sure we're ready. He probably plans to have them practice in pads that week.
I am going under the assumption the offense will continue to progress under Smith. Well versed on the Steelers history and pattern of play. I think this season that trend alters…. a little.

But we also best teams predicted to spank us with more regularity than anyone else this era

Say what you will about Tomlin laying eggs vs bad teams... he does all the time... he also is the only coach in the super bowl era with a winning record outright as an underdog...

WK 2 Broncos - We've always sucked as* against AFC West teams, we play down to sh*tty teams, and Payton is a better coach than the guy our ownership handcuffs us to. I like DEN by 8.

WK 3 Chargers - If we had ownership that cared about winning and quit extending a certain ineffective "coach", we'd have this Justin instead of the one we got. Also, Harbaugh > Tomlin. LA by a bunch.

WK 4 Colts - They barely came up short against HOU. Anthony Richardson looks like the real deal. Anyone else see that 60 yard bomb? I see him making a couple of big plays while Russell Willow opts to continue sitting out so he can nurse a hangnail before him and Ciara's next red carpet visit. Indy by 10.

WK 5 Cowboys - They invest in a high caliber QB and receivers. We trade away our star WRs without a plan and prefer to be "loyal" to well-past-their-prime-over-the-hill defensive lineman. I see Dallas running away with this one. At least 12 points.

WK 6 Raiders: They suck and they're an AFC West team. That'll prove to be too much for Tomlin. Las Vegas by 6.

WK 7 Jets - NY has a HOF QB, good WRs, a good running game, AND effective coaching. Despite no playoff success in nearly a decade, AND this being an offensive minded league, our ownership issued ANOTHER 3 year extension to our supposed defensive minded "coach", and we cleared our QB room so we could take on 2 other guys who weren't good enough elsewhere. Don't be surprised if your local network starts airing a more competitive game at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

Fandom aside, does anyone else have a similar 6 week outlook?
hell no...pass the loud

As per the first point, why is Payton better than Tomlin? As far as I can tell, they are basically the same guy. Been forever since they won a Super Bowl and both had a HOF QB and won only one. Maybe he was a bit more successful in the playoffs more recently, but shiit, I thought it was about championships. We wouldn't feel any better about Tomlin if he won a few more playoff games but no Super Bowl.

Payton is the anti-Tomlin

Tomlin by all appearances a good dude...Payton a complete douchenozzle
Tomlin offensive challenged...the only thing Payton knows is offense
Tomlin conservative...Payton aggressive

they've reached the same peak through different paths and both on the decline without a HOF QB carrying them is the only similarity I see in them

No. I see 6-0. My only worry is playing teams they have no buisness losing to. I saw that peak last year. It's a long ongoing concern.

The Steelers tend to do better against higher caliber opponents.

Why don't you just keep going Debbie Downer and predict a 1-16 record under the abysmal Tomlin?

whats-the-matter-got-some-sand-in-your-vagina.gif

Never understimate Tomlin's ability to shine during the offseason circuit and into the regular season until reality sets in. If not the next 6 games, then likely the last 6 games.

You had me until you mentioned the bounty scandal. o_O

No. I see 6-0. My only worry is playing teams they have no buisness losing to. I saw that peak last year. It's a long ongoing concern.

The Steelers tend to do better against higher caliber opponents.
I'm pretty sure losing to *****y teams peaked sometime in the past decade. The head coach that we continue to employ for reasons other than talent has something to do with our ongoing unpreparedness.

Also, could you provide a citation showing that we do better against high caliber opponents? Beating decent teams that are playing their backup QB don't count. I can recall KC and Buffalo making us look like their b*tch in the not so distant past.

I'm pretty sure losing to *****y teams peaked sometime in the past decade. The head coach that we continue to employ for reasons other than talent has something to do with our ongoing unpreparedness.

Also, could you provide a citation showing that we do better against high caliber opponents? Beating decent teams that are playing their backup QB don't count. I can recall KC and Buffalo making us look like their b*tch in the not so distant past.
Oh yeah citations. Forgot that