• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Now that the ATL sugar high is over, does anyone else think that there's a distinct possibility that we will lose the next 6 games?

WK 2 Broncos - We've always sucked as* against AFC West teams, we play down to sh*tty teams, and Payton is a better coach than the guy our ownership handcuffs us to. I like DEN by 8.

WK 3 Chargers - If we had ownership that cared about winning and quit extending a certain ineffective "coach", we'd have this Justin instead of the one we got. Also, Harbaugh > Tomlin. LA by a bunch.

WK 4 Colts - They barely came up short against HOU. Anthony Richardson looks like the real deal. Anyone else see that 60 yard bomb? I see him making a couple of big plays while Russell Willow opts to continue sitting out so he can nurse a hangnail before him and Ciara's next red carpet visit. Indy by 10.

WK 5 Cowboys - They invest in a high caliber QB and receivers. We trade away our star WRs without a plan and prefer to be "loyal" to well-past-their-prime-over-the-hill defensive lineman. I see Dallas running away with this one. At least 12 points.

WK 6 Raiders: They suck and they're an AFC West team. That'll prove to be too much for Tomlin. Las Vegas by 6.

WK 7 Jets - NY has a HOF QB, good WRs, a good running game, AND effective coaching. Despite no playoff success in nearly a decade, AND this being an offensive minded league, our ownership issued ANOTHER 3 year extension to our supposed defensive minded "coach", and we cleared our QB room so we could take on 2 other guys who weren't good enough elsewhere. Don't be surprised if your local network starts airing a more competitive game at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

Fandom aside, does anyone else have a similar 6 week outlook?

This is as ridiculous as saying we are going 6-0 over the next 6 games. This team is solid enough to beat the Broncos, Colts and Raiders. Chargers and Jets are a toss. Probably a loss against the Cowgirls.

This is as ridiculous as saying we are going 6-0 over the next 6 games. This team is solid enough to beat the Broncos, Colts and Raiders. Chargers and Jets are a toss. Probably a loss against the Cowgirls.
Last season, we lost to the Colts 30-13, the Patriots 21-18, and the Cardinals 24-10. By the way, those games were played in consecutive weeks. Were we solid enough then? Let me know if we should continue talking "ridiculous".

Last season, we lost to the Colts 30-13, the Patriots 21-18, and the Cardinals 24-10. By the way, those games were played in consecutive weeks. Were we solid enough then? Let me know if we should continue talking "ridiculous".
feel free to

we don't care

I think the Colts are more of a threat than the Jets. As I think they will be able to run on the Jets. And the colts for me is more offense explosive.

does anyone think it is a coincidence that suge and jimmy share an IP address??

Does anyone think it's a coincidence that off-topic remarks, one word "no" answers where members are unable to substantiate their position with facts, ignoring reality and suggesting AFC West wins should be easy, fabricating lies that suggest we beat tough teams, and making excuses for Tomlin's incompetence has been a theme throughout this thread? I don't think it's a coincidence. The only other option would be to agree that the OP is true.

Does anyone think it's a coincidence that off-topic remarks, one word "no" answers where members are unable to substantiate their position with facts, ignoring reality and suggesting AFC West wins should be easy, fabricating lies that suggest we beat tough teams, and making excuses for Tomlin's incompetence has been a theme throughout this thread? I don't think it's a coincidence. The only other option would be to agree that the OP is true.
you are delusional

trolll you and your alter ego won't last long

Yep. You are correct. Tomlin's issues for some reason have always been against the underdog's. Weird.
Yep. Against the underdogs, against top tier dominant teams, against decent teams that are playing their starting QBs, and against AFC West teams, in general. That aside, he really should be mentioned up there with some of the greats due to his brilliance.

As an aside, I guess we must have had all easy schedules over the past 7 years since we only went to the playoffs twice, only to be immediately bounced by KC and BUF. They were the underdogs too, right?

Last edited:
Come on boys don’t fall for this bullshit from Suge and Jim Bob. It’s bullshit! They’re egging y’all on with nonsense.
No one can look out over a six game span and predict what will happen. I will simply take one game at a time and that starts with Denver. I will not be concerned about the Chargers until it’s time.

Yep. Against the underdogs, against top tier dominant teams, against decent teams that are playing their starting QBs, and against AFC West teams, in general. That aside, he really should be mentioned up there with some of the greats due to his brilliance.

As an aside, I guess we must have had all easy schedules over the past 7 years since we only went to the playoffs twice, only to be immediately bounced by KC and BUF. They were the underdogs too, right?
You were provided facts. Read, comprehend, and take your sandy, swollen cooter elsewhere.

74-28 against teams finishing sub500 up until 2018 is pretty awful

Couldn't find the up-to-date stat but the entire narrative that he is AWFUL vs sub500 teams is just a continuing narrative that proves to not hold too much water.
We the Steeler fans with a very high SB standard caused by simply following the Steelers forever just remember the clunkers and seem to over emphasize this stat line because of it.

For factual context and to make a RELEVANT point why doesn't the OP research the other active coaches and see where Shades ranks among all of them against sub500 teams before spewing more garbage. That would be a little more telling, warning...it may not fit the narrative.

I think it is cute that you know your post is hot garbage so you create an alternate account to come in and support yourself
Or perhaps a more logical explanation (and unfortunately for you, one that may require some actual critical thinking) would be that one account doesn't have permission to start new topics while the other account did. And I say "did" because someone has now removed those posting rights too.

As mentioned earlier, when facts can't be disputed, one must resort to name-calling, threatening, and the suppression of said facts.

Last edited:
74-28 against teams finishing sub500 up until 2018 is pretty awful

Couldn't find the up-to-date stat but the entire narrative that he is AWFUL vs sub500 teams is just a continuing narrative that proves to not hold too much water.
We the Steeler fans with a very high SB standard caused by simply following the Steelers forever just remember the clunkers and seem to over emphasize this stat line because of it.

For factual context and to make a RELEVANT point why doesn't the OP research the other active coaches and see where Shades ranks among all of them against sub500 teams before spewing more garbage. That would be a little more telling, warning...it may not fit the narrative.
Could you provide a citation showing where I spewed any hot garbage? Thanks.

Could you provide a citation showing where I spewed any hot garbage? Thanks.
Aside from accurately listing a 3-game sample size of futility last year every single assertion you have made in this thread (under both names) has been spewing garbage
Now go do your assigned research and come back with some FACTS

ya can't fix stupid, and you are on another level of it

I'm pretty sure losing to *****y teams peaked sometime in the past decade. The head coach that we continue to employ for reasons other than talent has something to do with our ongoing unpreparedness.

Also, could you provide a citation showing that we do better against high caliber opponents? Beating decent teams that are playing their backup QB don't count. I can recall KC and Buffalo making us look like their b*tch in the not so distant past.

Citation? Yeah,it's been a felony assault on the standard of excellence set long ago.haha.

Probably not in the last few years since the offense has sucked complete ***.

I hope it peaked last year with losing in back to back weeks at home to ****** teams. That was record breaking.