• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Now that the ATL sugar high is over, does anyone else think that there's a distinct possibility that we will lose the next 6 games?

Aside from accurately listing a 3-game sample size of futility last year every single assertion you have made in this thread (under both names) has been spewing garbage
Now go do your assigned research and come back with some FACTS

ya can't fix stupid, and you are on another level of it
Was it inaccurate when I said that KC and BUF bounced us with relative ease from our only playoff showings in recent years? Was it inaccurate when I said that the AFC West has a record of domination against us? Was it spewing hot garbage when I said that "we" try taking credit for beating decent teams when they're playing their back up QB?

In a 4 week span in 2022, we lost to BUF, MIA, and PHI. All had WINNING records when they beat us.

FACTS! They're not just for court rooms!

Or perhaps a more logical explanation (and unfortunately for you, one that may require some actual critical thinking) would be that one account doesn't have permission to start new topics while the other account did. And I say "did" because someone has now removed those posting rights too.

As mentioned earlier, when facts can't be disputed, one must resort to name-calling, threatening, and the suppression of said facts.
so this is basically admitting to having multiple accounts which is a violation of board rules

WK 2 Broncos - We've always sucked as* against AFC West teams, we play down to sh*tty teams, and Payton is a better coach than the guy our ownership handcuffs us to. I like DEN by 8.

WK 3 Chargers - If we had ownership that cared about winning and quit extending a certain ineffective "coach", we'd have this Justin instead of the one we got. Also, Harbaugh > Tomlin. LA by a bunch.

WK 4 Colts - They barely came up short against HOU. Anthony Richardson looks like the real deal. Anyone else see that 60 yard bomb? I see him making a couple of big plays while Russell Willow opts to continue sitting out so he can nurse a hangnail before him and Ciara's next red carpet visit. Indy by 10.

WK 5 Cowboys - They invest in a high caliber QB and receivers. We trade away our star WRs without a plan and prefer to be "loyal" to well-past-their-prime-over-the-hill defensive lineman. I see Dallas running away with this one. At least 12 points.

WK 6 Raiders: They suck and they're an AFC West team. That'll prove to be too much for Tomlin. Las Vegas by 6.

WK 7 Jets - NY has a HOF QB, good WRs, a good running game, AND effective coaching. Despite no playoff success in nearly a decade, AND this being an offensive minded league, our ownership issued ANOTHER 3 year extension to our supposed defensive minded "coach", and we cleared our QB room so we could take on 2 other guys who weren't good enough elsewhere. Don't be surprised if your local network starts airing a more competitive game at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

Fandom aside, does anyone else have a similar 6 week outlook
We beat the Broncos, Chargers Colts and Cowboys, Riding the 5-0 winning streak Only to get blown out by the Raiders and Jets.
Win the ones we should have lost and crapping the bed against bad teams.

We beat the Broncos, Chargers Colts and Cowboys, Riding the 5-0 winning streak Only to get blown out by the Raiders and Jets.
Win the ones we should have lost and crapping the bed against bad teams.
From September 19, 2021 to October 3rd 2021, we lost to the Raiders, Bengals, and Packers in consecutive weeks. All 3 teams had winning records.

From November 21st until December 26th, we lost to the Chargers, Bengals, and Chiefs. All 3 had winning records.

So much for "winning the ones we should have lost". Facts are a beautiful thing when utilized properly.

WK 2 Broncos - We've always sucked as* against AFC West teams, we play down to sh*tty teams, and Payton is a better coach than the guy our ownership handcuffs us to. I like DEN by 8.

WK 3 Chargers - If we had ownership that cared about winning and quit extending a certain ineffective "coach", we'd have this Justin instead of the one we got. Also, Harbaugh > Tomlin. LA by a bunch.

WK 4 Colts - They barely came up short against HOU. Anthony Richardson looks like the real deal. Anyone else see that 60 yard bomb? I see him making a couple of big plays while Russell Willow opts to continue sitting out so he can nurse a hangnail before him and Ciara's next red carpet visit. Indy by 10.

WK 5 Cowboys - They invest in a high caliber QB and receivers. We trade away our star WRs without a plan and prefer to be "loyal" to well-past-their-prime-over-the-hill defensive lineman. I see Dallas running away with this one. At least 12 points.

WK 6 Raiders: They suck and they're an AFC West team. That'll prove to be too much for Tomlin. Las Vegas by 6.

WK 7 Jets - NY has a HOF QB, good WRs, a good running game, AND effective coaching. Despite no playoff success in nearly a decade, AND this being an offensive minded league, our ownership issued ANOTHER 3 year extension to our supposed defensive minded "coach", and we cleared our QB room so we could take on 2 other guys who weren't good enough elsewhere. Don't be surprised if your local network starts airing a more competitive game at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

Fandom aside, does anyone else have a similar 6 week outlook?
Broncos: Rookie QB still trying to figure out the speed of the NFL regular season - W

Chargers: Their front 7 is for real and may be the best in the league. The Steelers have to move the pocket and run RPOs to limit this pass rush or the game could get ugly.

Colts: What have they done? I don't think they can move the football on this D - W

Cowboys at home, they don't do well in PIT and Dak is very beatable. The league has shown that W

Raiders SUCK W

Jets, See Raiders, and add the most overrated team in the league because...AAron Rogers?? W

Seriously we should go at worst 4-2, but I won't be surprised with 5 or 6 wins. Teams have to play this D and it is for real this year!

We had all those threads of nothing all off-season. Why is this thread even allowed??

Broncos: Rookie QB still trying to figure out the speed of the NFL regular season - W
Who could be up against a QB that can't read a defense or score touchdowns. The other possibility being an over-the-hill prima donna who won't be on our roster next year. I'm sure that DEN rookie will be losing sleep this week.
Colts: What have they done? I don't think they can move the football on this D - W
Nearly beat one of the top AFC teams just last week AND handed us our as$es 30-13 the last time that we met.
Cowboys at home, they don't do well in PIT and Dak is very beatable. The league has shown that W
There's a lot of beatable teams, but that's not our strong suit.
Raiders SUCK W
Based on recent history, that pretty much means a L for us.
Jets, See Raiders, and add the most overrated team in the league because...AAron Rogers?? W
Right. The same Aaron Rogers who beat us the last time that we met, not to include our Super Bowl loss against him. We'll just ignore that the Jets have a tough defense and running game since that will better support your desired narrative.
Seriously we should go at worst 4-2, but I won't be surprised with 5 or 6 wins. Teams have to play this D and it is for real this year!
Yep. It's for real, alright. Just like it was last year and the year before that. If memory serves, that realness got us bounced in the Wild Card last year and an invite to sit and watch the post season from our couches the year before that. But you know what they say, the older the defense, the better that they become.

Last edited:

Fandom aside, does anyone else have a similar 6 week outlook?
Who knows what might happen but to post this and go into detail is beyond pathetic. Take 2 weeks off.....and then quit.

Last season, we lost to the Colts 30-13, the Patriots 21-18, and the Cardinals 24-10. By the way, those games were played in consecutive weeks. Were we solid enough then? Let me know if we should continue talking "ridiculous".
************, it is ******* ridiculous because Kenny among the damn QB anymore!!!

Your citations about losses - Minkah was injured they most of those games. TJ was out for a few and so was Cam.

The fact that you cannot see a better OC and offensive play, as a whole, is ******* ridiculous.

Now take your dunce *** back into the corner and STFU.🤡🤡🤡

Yep. Against the underdogs, against top tier dominant teams, against decent teams that are playing their starting QBs, and against AFC West teams, in general. That aside, he really should be mentioned up there with some of the greats due to his brilliance.

As an aside, I guess we must have had all easy schedules over the past 7 years since we only went to the playoffs twice, only to be immediately bounced by KC and BUF. They were the underdogs too, right?
"As an aside" hmmmmm??? No subscription to Grammerly???

Was it inaccurate when I said that KC and BUF bounced us with relative ease from our only playoff showings in recent years? Was it inaccurate when I said that the AFC West has a record of domination against us? Was it spewing hot garbage when I said that "we" try taking credit for beating decent teams when they're playing their back up QB?

In a 4 week span in 2022, we lost to BUF, MIA, and PHI. All had WINNING records when they beat us.

FACTS! They're not just for court rooms!
How many times has Lamar Jackson beat us??? 👀👀👀

From September 19, 2021 to October 3rd 2021, we lost to the Raiders, Bengals, and Packers in consecutive weeks. All 3 teams had winning records.

From November 21st until December 26th, we lost to the Chargers, Bengals, and Chiefs. All 3 had winning records.

So much for "winning the ones we should have lost". Facts are a beautiful thing when utilized properly.
WOW
Why don't we go back to 2005 superbowl team for reference?? 2005 team, 2021 team, basically the same team as we have in 2024 right?
Outside of QB, O-line, OC, WR and 2/3 of the RB room and most of the defense, its exactly the same team!!
Why don't we just base sundays prediction off of John Elways record vs Pittsburgh.

WOW
Why don't we go back to 2005 superbowl team for reference?? 2005 team, 2021 team, basically the same team as we have in 2024 right?
Outside of QB, O-line, OC, WR and 2/3 of the RB room and most of the defense, its exactly the same team!!
Why don't we just base sundays prediction off of John Elways record vs Pittsburgh.
I see. So, if I understand correctly, we don't want to go back a couple / few seasons when attempting to support one's assertion, but it is ok to go back one game when trying to convince others of the same. In 2021-2023, we had sub par QB play, we couldn't score touchdowns, we had a top 5 defense, AND the same unproven and overrated head coach.

You're right. That sounds absolutely nothing like the team we have today. My apologies.

NEXT!

************, it is ******* ridiculous because Kenny among the damn QB anymore!!!

Your citations about losses - Minkah was injured they most of those games. TJ was out for a few and so was Cam.

The fact that you cannot see a better OC and offensive play, as a whole, is ******* ridiculous.

Now take your dunce *** back into the corner and STFU.🤡🤡🤡
That's a good point. The past couple seasons, we had a QB and OC that couldn't read a defense or get in the end zone. This season, we have ..er, uh... Whoops! Disregard, please! Bad example.

Last edited:
74-28 against teams finishing sub500 up until 2018 is pretty awful

Couldn't find the up-to-date stat but the entire narrative that he is AWFUL vs sub500 teams is just a continuing narrative that proves to not hold too much water.
We the Steeler fans with a very high SB standard caused by simply following the Steelers forever just remember the clunkers and seem to over emphasize this stat line because of it.

For factual context and to make a RELEVANT point why doesn't the OP research the other active coaches and see where Shades ranks among all of them against sub500 teams before spewing more garbage. That would be a little more telling, warning...it may not fit the narrative.
Is it Awful? that's a .725 winning percentage. I have no issues with that. I have seen a comparison on that with other coaches and he looked as good as anyone. This is the NFL not NCAA there are not really any gimmee games. Look at the Pats Bungles game.

I see. So, if I understand correctly, we don't want to go back a couple / few seasons when attempting to support one's assertion, but it is ok to go back one game when trying to convince others of the same. In 2021-2023, we had sub par QB play, we couldn't score touchdowns, we had a top 5 defense, AND the same unproven and overrated head coach.

You're right. That sounds absolutely nothing like the team we have today. My apologies.

NEXT!
You're right
Its exactly the same besides the OC, QB, Scheme and the majority of the players.
Foxsports end of season defensive rankings
2021 Steelers #21
2022 Steelers #12
2023 Steelers #7

If you are so confident they will lose Bet against them and post a picture of the betting slip.
Put up or shut up

Last edited:
Who could be up against a QB that can't read a defense or score touchdowns. The other possibility being an over-the-hill prima donna who won't be on our roster next year. I'm sure that DEN rookie will be losing sleep this week.
Even. See Aaron Rodgers.
Nearly beat one of the top AFC teams just last week AND handed us our as$es 30-13 the last time that we met.
After beating them 8 straight prior to that. ******* the Colts. We own them.
"Nearly? Shouldas, couldas, and wouldas, typically don't count when trying to talk football on an intellectual level.

There's a lot of beatable teams, but that's not our strong suit.
Wrong.

https://x.com/SteelersPRMike
@SteelersPRMike

The Steelers not only recorded 8 wins vs. teams above .500 in 2023, which was tied for 2nd-most in a season since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger, but also went 5-1 in the AFC North, a division that didn't include a team with a losing record -- a first in pro football since 1935.

Based on recent history, that pretty much means a L for us.
Wrong.
We played the Raiders 2021, 2022, and 2023., and are 2-1 in recent history.

Right. The same Aaron Rogers who beat us the last time that we met, not to include our Super Bowl loss against him. We'll just ignore that the Jets have a tough defense and running game since that will better support your desired narrative.
Aaron Rodgers is an over the hill Prima donna.
Since you like to include "nearly". We nearly beat Rodgers Packers in the SB.

Aaron Rodgers is now a Jet. Like the Colts, we own the Jets. 20-7 all time. We get back on track this year.

Yep. It's for real, alright. Just like it was last year and the year before that. If memory serves, that realness got us bounced in the Wild Card last year and an invite to sit and watch the post season from our couches the year before that. But you know what they say, the older the defense, the better that they become .

Wrong. The Steelers were 21st in total defense in 2023.

Last edited: