• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Obama "Very Interested" In Raising Taxes Through Executive Action

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
This is what happens when you have a president who feels no threat of impeachment for abusing his constitutional responsibilities.

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest confirmed Monday that President Obama is "very interested" in the idea of raising taxes through unitlateral executive action.

"The president certainly has not indicated any reticence in using his executive authority to try and advance an agenda that benefits middle class Americans," Earnest said in response to a question about Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) calling on Obama to raise more than $100 billion in taxes through IRS executive action.

"Now I don't want to leave you with the impression that there is some imminent announcement, there is not, at least that I know of," Earnest continued. "But the president has asked his team to examine the array of executive authorities that are available to him to try to make progress on his goals. So I am not in a position to talk in any detail at this point, but the president is very interested in this avenue generally," Earnest finished.

From - http://steelernation.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=5

Not only is this guy not worried about the consequences of constitutional overreaches, but he likes to publicly muse about them. This should be shocking, but sadly it is barely news.

I was playing trivia crack the other day and it had a question that asked which branch makes the laws... smh... the person creating the question must have been asleep during this administration.

Capt. Renault is shocked.

Hey, somebody has to pay the bills for them illegals we got streamin' across the borders. Lord knows they need food, shelter, jobs, healthcare and all that stuff ain't cheap. Y'all need to pony up and quit bein' so stingy with your massive white privilege wealth.

You got everything, they got nothing, hows that fair ?

2clnOti.jpg

I seem to remember a document somewhere that sets the rules on how taxes are levied and by whom....

"The president certainly has not indicated any reticence in using his executive authority to try and advance an agenda that benefits middle class Americans," Earnest said in response to a question about Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) calling on Obama to raise more than $100 billion in taxes through IRS executive action.

How does raising taxes on anyone benefit middle class Americans?

"And the politicians say mo' taxes...will solve everthang...and the band played on." -- The Temptations, "Ball Of Confusion"

Last edited:
How does raising taxes on anyone benefit middle class Americans?

"And the politicians say mo' taxes...will solve everthang...and the band played on." -- The Temptations, "Ball Of Confusion"

Easy, you tax Bill Gates $40B, you tax Warren Buffet $40B, and you tax Larry Ellison $20B. $100B. /sarcasm

"This is the land we live in... and these are the hands we're given...use them and let's start trying... to make this a place worth living in." -- Genesis, "Land Of Confusion"

The president is behaving more like a dictator these days.

Actually, he's following the advice of his economic adviser. In fact, I hear that the word on the street is that Obama is hand pickin' the guy to be our next President.

Hey, somebody has to pay the bills for them illegals we got streamin' across the borders. Lord knows they need food, shelter, jobs, healthcare and all that stuff ain't cheap. Y'all need to pony up and quit bein' so stingy with your massive white privilege wealth.

You got everything, they got nothing, hows that fair ?

2clnOti.jpg

Holy **** where do I get mine? Btw my commie cousin is going to hate this one

Actually, he's following the advice of his economic adviser. In fact, I hear that the word on the street is that Obama is hand pickin' the guy to be our next President.

SMH....so sad.

Side note; If you're in your late twenties and wearing head phones, a backwards ball cap and carrying a skateboard you should be sent to work in a salt mine immediately. Do they still have salt mines?

SMH....so sad.

Side note; If you're in your late twenties and wearing head phones, a backwards ball cap and carrying a skateboard you should be sent to work in a salt mine immediately. Do they still have salt mines?
and tank top and stupid fkin grin?

SMH....so sad.

Hey, don't be dissin my bro 21Steeler21 like that!

Bomma has taken to heart something that Reagan said a long time ago; "The closest thing to eternal life is a government program."
See, Bomma doesn't give a **** if something is legal or Constitutional or not. Bomma knows that once something gets started, it is extremely unlikely to be undone. Ever.
For example, the SCOTUS has a case in front of them right now about BommaCare. By all rights and logic it should be found to be illegal. Constitutional doesn't even enter into it because BommaCare as implemented isn't even following its own law. But The Court WILL find BommaCare legal because He has those photos of John Roberts with a sheep wearing lingerie.

SMH....so sad.

Yes. A little north of Wichita.

I just love our imperial commie pinko would be dictator.

If you take those labor force dropouts into account, the U.S. does not have an unemployment rate of 5.5 percent. Instead, it has a likely unemployment rate of 9.6 percent, and that’s hardly good news. - http://thefederalist.com/2015/03/06...ks-like-if-you-add-back-labor-force-dropouts/

62.8%: Labor Force Participation Has Hovered Near 37-Year-Low for 11 Months - http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali...pation-has-hovered-near-37-year-low-11-months

56,023,000: Record Number of Women Not in Labor Force - http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/56023000-record-number-women-not-labor-force

TOTAL NET EMPLOYMENT GAINS IN THE U.S. — SINCE THE RECESSION — STILL WENT TO FOREIGN-BORN - http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...nce-the-recession-still-went-to-foreign-born/

BLACK UNEMPLOYMENT RATE NEARLY TWICE THE NATIONAL AVERAGE ON EVE OF SELMA ANNIVERSARY - http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...national-average-on-eve-of-selma-anniversary/

Lew to Congress: US hits debt limit on March 16, needs to be raised ASAP (AGAIN!) - http://www.cnbc.com/id/102459024

This is what a successful presidency looks like to a liberal, apparently.

TIbs if That BS were actually the reality then why raise taxes and kill the growth? And that chart of successful is utter BS made up numbers that have not helped the middle class.

How anyone on either side of the aisle could ever hail a political figure as some infallible God-like entity that does everything perfectly is so far beyond me I can't even explain it. The most corrupt, deceitful lowlife segment of people on the planet. I can't even think of a group that is a close 2nd who aren't convicted criminals.

Last edited:
I think we all know what caused the financial crisis......................

Can anyone tell me one thing this Administration did that directly effected the recovery?

This world is a far more dangerous place now than it was 8 years ago.