• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Officers gunned down

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...-report-of-several-officers-shot-13568491.php

Five Houston Police Officers were shot in southeast Houston Monday afternoon after an "encounter with a suspect."

The incident occurred at about 5 p.m., according to police, in the Pecan Park neighborhood, near Harding St. and Fennell.

HPD officials have not yet released details about the incident, but confirmed five officers had been shot. Their conditions are not known at this time.

According to law enforcement sources, one of the wounded officers was shot in the face. The incident occurred after the officers -- from the Narcotics Division -- were serving a warrant, sources said.

A law enforcement source told the Chronicle narcotics officers had previously made undercover purchases at that location and were able to get a warrant to enter the house and search it.

The officers were at the door of the location when gunfire erupted from within, the source said.

Geez, hadn't heard much about this story but if 5 officers were hit just from inside this **** hole, they must've had an damn arsenal.

God speed to every single one of them.

What a sucky job. It might be at least somewhat tolerable if they made a decent wage but they really don't.

God speed to the health of those poor officers.

31c4c621d1d33febe61f9e0c03548445--police-memes-police-humour.jpg

th
th

Well, if they would just take away everyone's guns, none of this would happen.

What a horrible thing. This stuff is happening A LOT. You couldn't pay me enough to do that job in some of these cities. I watched about 4 hours of police involved shootings a few days ago and it was just mind blowing. Most of them just traffic stops. Those drug houses should always be treated as war zones. You have to know there's a high probability they may go guns blazing.

What a horrible thing. This stuff is happening A LOT. You couldn't pay me enough to do that job in some of these cities. I watched about 4 hours of police involved shootings a few days ago and it was just mind blowing. Most of them just traffic stops. Those drug houses should always be treated as war zones. You have to know there's a high probability they may go guns blazing.

They had more armed and geared up officers arresting Roger Stone. Seems like bad tactics employed here against a suspected drug house.

Democrats: Please don't let the suspects be illegals, Please don't let the suspects be illegals,Please don't let the suspects be illegals,Please don't let the suspects be illegals,...

Democrats: Please don't let the suspects be illegals, Please don't let the suspects be illegals,Please don't let the suspects be illegals,Please don't let the suspects be illegals,...
That's ridiculous. Everyone knows that illegal alien gang members are not brazen enough to shoot cops.

So the two dead shooters were white folks. Man a woman.

They had more armed and geared up officers arresting Roger Stone. Seems like bad tactics employed here against a suspected drug house.

Absolutely. A few years back they did a raid on a meth house in clay county. Bam up through front door...shot point blank in the head. First officer to die in over 25 years from being shot. I believe he wounded another.The guy went running out the back of the house and they killed his ***.

Do not ******* play around with meth heads. Hell psychosis lasts for a good 6 months after you get off that **** if you can. The relapse rate after rehab is 90%. I'm sure crack and heroin isn't far off.

They should always approach these places like there's a 100% chance of extreme resistance.

I wonder how many illegals buy guns at gun shows?

Can you explain the "gun show loophole"?

I bet not, because it doesn't exist.

When you buy a gun at a gun show, and go through a legitimate dealer, you have to pass a background check. it is done on the premises, just like it would be if you went to the gun store to buy a gun. If your state requires a 3-day wait, guess what? in three days, you go to that dealer's actual store to get the gun. Well, that is the way it is done here, anyway.

The "loophole" is if you buy a gun from someone outside the gun show who is not a legitimate dealer. Obviously, that dude is not going to run a background check. This is not a "gun show loophole" though, because you can do the same thing outside of Walmart, Macy's, Dillards or wherever you stand with the guy selling you the gun. you can even do what WITHOUT A GUN SHOW GOING ON!!

You could, of course, mandate that if you buy a gun from an individual, that individual has to do a background check on you. There are a lot of calls for that, and, in one sense, it seems like a good idea. However, Common Sense should tell you that legal owner selling to legal owner had his sale price just go up by whatever it costs for the background check. Mr. Illegal Buyer will still get his gun with no background check BECAUSE HE DOESN'T GIVE A **** ABOUT THE LAW!

Can you explain the "gun show loophole"?

I bet not, because it doesn't exist.

When you buy a gun at a gun show, and go through a legitimate dealer, you have to pass a background check. it is done on the premises, just like it would be if you went to the gun store to buy a gun. If your state requires a 3-day wait, guess what? in three days, you go to that dealer's actual store to get the gun. Well, that is the way it is done here, anyway.

The "loophole" is if you buy a gun from someone outside the gun show who is not a legitimate dealer. Obviously, that dude is not going to run a background check. This is not a "gun show loophole" though, because you can do the same thing outside of Walmart, Macy's, Dillards or wherever you stand with the guy selling you the gun. you can even do what WITHOUT A GUN SHOW GOING ON!!

You could, of course, mandate that if you buy a gun from an individual, that individual has to do a background check on you. There are a lot of calls for that, and, in one sense, it seems like a good idea. However, Common Sense should tell you that legal owner selling to legal owner had his sale price just go up by whatever it costs for the background check. Mr. Illegal Buyer will still get his gun with no background check BECAUSE HE DOESN'T GIVE A **** ABOUT THE LAW!

WTF? Criminals don't break gun laws. Only those who buy their guns direct from the NRA.