• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ohio Train Derailment.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Been on the national news for two weeks and is only about 15 miles from where I live. I'm upriver and far enough away that I'm not worried about my air and water. Thing is, the same week the Greenies are making a fuss about a 6 foot flame coming out of a pipe at the Shell Chemical plant about ten miles away but are oddly silent about a mushroom cloud of poisonous gas that's killing fish and wildlife. Gubmint says the air and water are okay. Greenies obviously haven't gotten their marching orders.

Alright, so this didn't take a whole lot of work. As I suspected, the top shareholders of Norfolk Southern are Wall Street investment banks. The Vanguard Group who donates slightly more money to Democrats, Black Rock who donates pretty much all their political contributions to Democrats, and J.P. Morgan whose CEO Jamie Dimon is a huge Democrat contributor. Explains a lot.

http://www.nscorp.com/content/nscor.../stock-information/ownership-top-holders.html

https://www.opensecrets.org/politic...ard-group/C00410266/candidate-recipients/2020

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2009/07/jpmorgan-ceo-jamie-dimon-donat/

cloud-of-chemicals-above-ohio-v0-kgmxch9nzlha1.jpg

And as you have said, this is a predominant red area that massively voted for Trump.

Thus...they don't care.

It infuriates me that they are telling everyone the water's fine, the air is fine, go back home. Even Dewine.

The hypocrisy of their ever vacillating positions on risk as well. For 3 years it was "Covid is going to kill us all!" Wear masks, stay at home, stay 6 feet apart, shut down stores and restaurants, mandate vaccines because of something that was airborne. All of that happened when they didn't truly know the risks at hand.

Now it's a complete reversal. Don't wear masks. Go home. Drink the water. Ignore the dead chickens and fish. Ignore your rashes, aches, headaches, nausea. All is fine, nothing to see here. They know the risks of these chemicals. They see the physical evidence of the dead animals and what it is doing to people. They turn a blind eye.

Trust in Government should always be in question.

They refer to the circumstances as a controlled burn? Nothing about what they did there was controlled. That is bad sh!t they set on fire. Fools. Lots of sickness and death ahead.

And as you have said, this is a predominant red area that massively voted for Trump.

Thus...they don't care.

It infuriates me that they are telling everyone the water's fine, the air is fine, go back home. Even Dewine.

The hypocrisy of their ever vacillating positions on risk as well. For 3 years it was "Covid is going to kill us all!" Wear masks, stay at home, stay 6 feet apart, shut down stores and restaurants, mandate vaccines because of something that was airborne. All of that happened when they didn't truly know the risks at hand.

Now it's a complete reversal. Don't wear masks. Go home. Drink the water. Ignore the dead chickens and fish. Ignore your rashes, aches, headaches, nausea. All is fine, nothing to see here. They know the risks of these chemicals. They see the physical evidence of the dead animals and what it is doing to people. They turn a blind eye.

Trust in Government should always be in question.
The risk from being poisoned by the chemicals and degradants from this train wreck are far, far worse than anything Covid could do. Hundreds of billions got thrown at Covid, a pandemic the guvmint says will end on May 11th, and the people in this small town are all being told "its ok, nothing to see here". WTF?

It would be so easy for the state and federal governments to step up and say: " ....things seem ok now, but out of an abundance of caution, we will supply ample drinking water, and masks for those big polluting molecules, for the next month until we are sure. Even then, because this was the fault of Norfolk Southern, we will hold them responsible for all related health issues for a 50 mile radius for the next two generations."

But that won't happen.

The risk from being poisoned by the chemicals and degradants from this train wreck are far, far worse than anything Covid could do. Hundreds of billions got thrown at Covid, a pandemic the guvmint says will end on May 11th, and the people in this small town are all being told "its ok, nothing to see here". WTF?

Thus...they don't care.

DX8JVxu.jpg

Dn8CAK0.jpg

9ysepH4.gif

But gas stoves are a tool of satan….

A member of the Biden administration admitted last year to planning a complete ban on natural gas-powered stoves through the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Trumka’s argument for a national gas stove ban was based on indoor air quality. Specifically, he leaned on a very low-quality study by a green energy group that was trumpeted as showing that a huge portion of asthma cases are caused by gas stoves

It’s obvious what’s going on here. The Rocky Mountain Institute is a lobbying group the purpose of which is to push business to green energy, and so it conducted a low-quality study that made a competitor, natural gas, look bad.
Publishing junk science on gas stoves is a bad way to do that, in part because gas stoves are a tiny source of natural gas usage. Also, the broader goal here, electrification, isn’t the sort of thing the federal government should be advancing with national bans. Why not? Because in many parts of the country, “electric-powered” means coal-powered.

Eight U.S. states get a majority of their electricity from coal. A national ban on gas stoves would shift 80% of gas-cooking in West-Virginia to coal-cooking, which will not reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

quote-people-will-come-to-love-their-oppression-to-adore-the-technologies-that-undo-their-aldous-huxley-114-48-99.jpg

Last edited:

He wasn’t hired to oversee the transportation sector, he was hired to be gay. Therefore he is baffled when people expect him to do actual work.

Pete can't take the heat!

It would be so easy for the state and federal governments to step up and say: " ....things seem ok now, but out of an abundance of caution, we will supply ample drinking water, and masks for those big polluting molecules, for the next month until we are sure. Even then, because this was the fault of Norfolk Southern, we will hold them responsible for all related health issues for a 50 mile radius for the next two generations."

But that won't happen.
The govt response to this incident has been abysmal, but you can't compare an isolated incident to a global pandemic. Covid was new and did wipe out alot of elderly among others. My mom was a control room operator at the Beaver Valley Nuke plant and she said she understands the logic of the controlled burn, but it does not mean things are safe. Fish / animals don't just keel over for no reason. We used to have a pond they built when they were strip mining on my property. It was a small pond, but we had bass, sunfish, a few catfish etc etc. After they were done mining the EPA came out said the water was too acidic and dumped bags of lime in the water. After a few days about every fish in the pond was dead.
As for the derailment I'm not sure who is accountable until they figure out what happened. If it was a fluke accident is the train company still responsible? If the track was bad who maintains that? Norfolk Southern and the govt should be embarrassed by how they are handling things though

It was sabatoge.

The govt response to this incident has been abysmal, but you can't compare an isolated incident to a global pandemic. Covid was new and did wipe out alot of elderly among others. My mom was a control room operator at the Beaver Valley Nuke plant and she said she understands the logic of the controlled burn, but it does not mean things are safe. Fish / animals don't just keel over for no reason. We used to have a pond they built when they were strip mining on my property. It was a small pond, but we had bass, sunfish, a few catfish etc etc. After they were done mining the EPA came out said the water was too acidic and dumped bags of lime in the water. After a few days about every fish in the pond was dead.
As for the derailment I'm not sure who is accountable until they figure out what happened. If it was a fluke accident is the train company still responsible? If the track was bad who maintains that? Norfolk Southern and the govt should be embarrassed by how they are handling things though
The risk comparison is between an illness that behaves a lot like a cold/flu for most people, excepting the elderly, and is fleeting but leaves immunity, and the long term systemic damage done by poisoning one's environment. The real costs of the train derailment will be felt by the locals for at least a generation. The government needs to make that commitment to the people.

The spending commitment the government made in mandates, shots and assistance for what was basically the flu, when they knew it was like the flu (for at least the past year, since omicron was a minor effect) needs to matched by effort, cleanup and remediation in East Palestine.

It would be criminal to watch a couple drug companies fleece the government while the people of East Palestine suffer because the government no long has the means or the resources to actually help.

Russia and China are engaged in war against America. Joe does nothing.
There are enough Americans who's heads are in the wrong place for this to have been a Made in America problem. Look at all the power transmission stations that have been attacked....with almost no comment from any level of government....

Reactions: xjx
The release of the Wuflu was an isolated incident too.