• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Olympics - **** news

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score

So our news has gone and sided with the enemy. Yup, further distances me from the media

Watch it, well listen. Damn ****** up how our media sucks on the teet of the enemy but is quick to put down It’s own.

Yeah man, Ben is right.
The media gets pissed at say VP Pence for criticizing a dictator.
Or some sane members of the media saying how it actually is in NK.

The political correctness and people afraid to say bad about NK.
Kim's a ****** up dude

Watch it, well listen. Damn ****** up how our media sucks on the teet of the enemy but is quick to put down It’s own.

They are the enemy within. That's the worst kind to have. They rot you from the inside out.

The Pulitzer prize for lies about Stalin's starvation of the Ukraine. How sick is that? I was reading about that a couple if weeks ago. We were complicit!!!

What if Hitler's brother shows up representing Nazi Germany?

In a lot of ways it's exactly the same thing. That places is ****** up bad. People are in prison camps dying from manual labor. The government kills people in public executions without any real due process. Information is completely restricted.

I can't think of one redeeming feature of that county or it's political system. The headlines should have read "There is the sister of the most brutal dictator in the world". Instead they fawned over her as a sign of "progress".

I find it interesting that even the IOC understands Russia is a country of cheaters.

Speaking of the Olympics, NBC is absolutely getting torched on ratings. Can't say that this doesn't make me feel all warm and tingly inside.

Olympics Ratings Remain Low On Night Of Nathan Chen’s Historic Quad Display

A week into the PyeongChang Olympics and Team USA currently has nine medals and for a moment it looked like Nathan Chen was poised to add to that roster last night in men’s figure skating.

Coming off an initially weaker than expected performance, the Salt Lake City native put some history on the ice at the XXIII Winter Games in NBC’s primetime as he pulled off a record shatter five clean quadruple jumps and one more with a touch. In the end though, like the efforts of Lindsey Vonn in the women’s super-G ski event, it just weren’t enough to make it the podium.

In an Olympics that is down almost 8% overall from the XXII Winter Games of 2014 and looking to be heading towards an overall low despite its multi-platform efforts, NBC may be feeling a bit like that coming off the first Friday of official competition of the 2018 Games.

With a 13.0/23 in metered market results for NBC and NBC Sports Network’s primetime coverage, the net matched its low for the PyeongChang games. The combo of the Comcast-owned outlets slipped to the same rating in early numbers on February 15.

One sliver of silver is that the NBC/NBCSN metered market meld did top the comparable night results of the Sochi games from 2014 by 11% but was still behind Vancouver 2010.

Compared to the NBC-only primetime broadcast of the first Friday of official competition of the 2010 Winter Olympics out of Vancouver, last night’s NBC and NBCSN combined coverage dipped 3%. In a focus very telling of the changing media landscapes, a look at just NBC ’18 to NBC’ 10 reveals a drop of 16%

It’s not really competitive apples to apples, but Hell, if we are talking stats, last night’s primetime Olympics show on the two NBCUniversal outlets unsurprisingly fell 23% from the Katie Couric co-hosted Opening Ceremony of February 9.

Hitting a low in official competition at that point, the first Friday of the Sochi 2014 games went on to score 19.2 million viewers for its NBC-only broadcast – which was basically what the February 14 and February 15 nights of the 2018 Games have achieved on NBC and NBCSN put together.

The only thing NBC did right was hire Tara Lapinsky to cover the ice skating. She speaks very clearly and she is beautiful to boot.

I really thought "Olympic **** news" was referring to the fact that everyone in the Olympic villages are ******* so much they went through like 50,000 condoms and officials had to bring in a 2nd shipment. I can't remember where I read that but it made my day lol.

I really thought "Olympic **** news" was referring to the fact that everyone in the Olympic villages are ******* so much they went through like 50,000 condoms and officials had to bring in a 2nd shipment. I can't remember where I read that but it made my day lol.

I read that too! O.o
Along with the endless mcdonalds as well.

I bet the village smells rancid as ****.

Thought this "Olympic **** news" thread was about who was ******* who at the Olympics.

LOL, 450,000 rubbers? For one olympics? I thought it was 50,000 ha ha ha. Holy hell, that's a lot of Olympic **** News! Now I wish I had made the Olympic team in something......and it has nothing to do with sport. All those horny women athletes from all over the world obviously looking for action everywhere. I probably wouldn't even show up for my race when it was time because I would be busy.

Last edited:
Winter Olympics liberal racist flashback.

I don't recall the outrage over this...the kind of outrage Laura Ingram is receiving over her LeBron "just shut up and dribble" comment.

Last edited:
This post is useless without pictures

Tara-Lipinski-Feet-1844468.jpg

But the real story of the Olympics surprisingly aren't athletes. The stars of the Olympics so far are the cheerleaders from North Korea. Have you seen these North Korean cheerleaders? Kim Jong Un sent a team of more than 200 women to cheer on the North Korean athletes and it doesn't seem like they know what they're cheering. The North Korean women lost to Switzerland in hockey 8-0. They cheered the Zamboni machine when it came out. Really. These women are cheering like their lives depend on it. Because they do. They literally do.

4YmtUiI.jpg

But the real story of the Olympics surprisingly aren't athletes. The stars of the Olympics so far are the cheerleaders from North Korea. Have you seen these North Korean cheerleaders? Kim Jong Un sent a team of more than 200 women to cheer on the North Korean athletes and it doesn't seem like they know what they're cheering. The North Korean women lost to Switzerland in hockey 8-0. They cheered the Zamboni machine when it came out. Really. These women are cheering like their lives depend on it. Because they do. They literally do.

4YmtUiI.jpg

They're clapping for the yoosh

It just keeps getting worse and worse for NBC...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5410167/NBCs-terrible-Olympics-worse-week-two.html

Downhill dive: NBC's terrible Olympics get worse in week two as marquee names flee, ratings sink and anchors struggle to find anything good to cover in the wake of school massacre

It was more bad news for NBC on Monday, as Olympian Mikaela Shiffrin announced that she was pulling of out the downhill race on Wednesday in an effort to focus on alpine combined event the following day.

That decision came after organizers moved the combined from Friday to Thursday in order to avoid high winds, and following Shiffrin's disappointing fourth-place finish in the slalom last week.

The golden girl of skiing, who was chasing five Gold medals at these Games, has now pulled out of two events, causing problems for NBC and its prime time coverage which has been lacking in both household names and medal winners.

NBC is also without its two most veteran anchors, Matt Lauer and Bob Costas, and an attempt to bring on beloved figure skater Adam Rippon as a correspondent for the second week of coverage feel apart when the Olympian rejected the network's offer.

A week into the Winter Olympics, the United States has won only 10 medals, leaving little of interest to watch some nights and causing ratings to sink from the previous Olympics.