• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Omnibus Bill

The left controls the media, education, and most government agencies. There is no scenario in which conservatives can ever be the good guys ever again.

That's the conclusion I've come to as well. My only hope is to keep some states conservative. After that it will be counties and towns.

It's hard to counter corruption that's firmly entrenched in places that elections don't touch.
I hear dat

UNLeHLZ.jpg

340301_image.jpg

Who said " ya can't fight city hall" ?

z3Xa8QN.jpg

I wish I could agree. I'm afraid he is another Trey Gowdy. Big talk , then...nothing.

The left controls the media, education, and most government agencies. There is no scenario in which conservatives can ever be the good guys ever again.
It looks darker and darker every year Sarge. You're correct, the left's infiltration of most influential organizations is appalling and there is evidence that Conservatives have no effective response. One group is still in the fight though, God give them strength.

House Freedom Caucus chair says McCarthy declined his members' demands ahead of speaker vote​

House Freedom Caucus Chairman Rep. Scott Perry said Tuesday that GOP Rep. Kevin McCarthy has declined his members' requests ahead of vote this afternoon to elect him as chamber speaker.

In exchange for their support, the House Freedom Caucus members asked McCarthy to hold votes on a balanced budget, the Fair Tax Act, the Texas Border Plan and term limits for members of Congress but "he refused," Perry said in a statement.

Perry also said: "We requested transparent, accountable votes on individual earmarks that would require two-thirds support to pass, and to ensure that all amendments to cut spending would be allowed floor consideration. He dismissed it."
The Pennsylvania congressman also said the caucus "demanded that he cease his efforts to defeat competitive conservative candidates in open Republican primaries" and he denied it.

"Kevin McCarthy had an opportunity to be speaker of the House. He rejected it," Perry's statement concluded.

340426_image.jpg

KjugucT.jpg

Seems to me the Rs in the House who are crying foul over the House Freedom Caucus' no-votes for McCarthy are the same ones who play along with the Ds at every turn... Voting yes for every spending bill, etc. They ARE the establishment... the swamp... the RINOs...

The HFC is seeking to increase transparency in future earmarks, balance the budget, impose term limits, get the Fair Tax Act going, etc. Ain't nothing wrong with that. In fact, that's responsible governing.

But listening to the establishment Rs, they sound just like the MSM: "Chaos." "Division." "Dysfunction." The MSM loves to use these "catastrophic" terms to oversell their agenda.

But, according to Reason magazine:

It might look chaotic and weird, but actually, this is just fine. It's democracy. For the moment, and maybe longer, think of the House of Representatives as functioning more like a multi-party democracy than the two-party duopoly that we're used to seeing.

In multiparty systems, two or more parties have to come together and form a coalition in order to achieve a governing majority. That requires some horse-trading and usually involves drawing up a semiformal document outlining what policies the coalition will work together to craft (and sometimes, equally importantly, which policies will be off-the-table).

For the purposes of the speaker election, Perry and his fellow renegade Republicans are operating like a minority party in a multiparty system: offering their support in exchange for getting to put a hand on the steering wheel of the future coalition government...
Slim majorities in both chambers mean breakaway factions of Democrats (in the Senate) and Republicans (in the House) will be able to exert considerable influence over policy making. And it's at least a little bit refreshing to see some Republicans using that influence to talk about, well, actual policies.

Fewer rubber stampers in Congress, replaced by legislators who actually put people's interests ahead of their own, is a darn good thing.

Seems to me the Rs in the House who are crying foul over the House Freedom Caucus' no-votes for McCarthy are the same ones who play along with the Ds at every turn... Voting yes for every spending bill, etc. They ARE the establishment... the swamp... the RINOs...

The HFC is seeking to increase transparency in future earmarks, balance the budget, impose term limits, get the Fair Tax Act going, etc. Ain't nothing wrong with that. In fact, that's responsible governing.

But listening to the establishment Rs, they sound just like the MSM: "Chaos." "Division." "Dysfunction." The MSM loves to use these "catastrophic" terms to oversell their agenda.

But, according to Reason magazine:

Fewer rubber stampers in Congress, replaced by legislators who actually put people's interests ahead of their own, is a darn good thing.
Just wait. If the Rs have more support for McCarthy slip away, then some Rs will side with Dims, or the Dims will support McCarthy ---- with side deals attached. The nation finally gets a window on how things really work, and the media will not mention or will diminish the "deals" that resolve this. Kinda sad.

Just wait. If the Rs have more support for McCarthy slip away, then some Rs will side with Dims, or the Dims will support McCarthy ---- with side deals attached. The nation finally gets a window on how things really work, and the media will not mention or will diminish the "deals" that resolve this. Kinda sad.

That would be such an obvious move of extreme desperation to retain the controls of power. They'd do ANYTHING - including what you proposed - to keep the status quo in place.

Mccarthy will be the doorman for the democrats. He will hold the door open while they get their way on everything.

I wish I could agree. I'm afraid he is another Trey Gowdy. Big talk , then...nothing.
Maybe he is changing but he received a bi partisan standing ovation this time.

Matt Gaetz should be Speaker.

He is eloquent, smart and has the balls to call the GOPe out on their B U L L S H I T.

He would be excellent. We keep getting bullshit swamp creatures who say one thing and do another.

Way too many still concerned with self preservation and what they can take from their position. I get my hopes up every time we get fresh blood into office. It normally doesn't last long.

Maybe he is changing but he received a bi partisan standing ovation this time.

Is it possible the speaker can be nominated from the minority party, in this case Jeffries? I have little confidence that this couldn't happen.

Matt Gaetz looks like he'd be Mason Rudolph's long-lost brother.... who many here declare to have a very punchable face.
Matt Gaetz aways reminded me of this old picture of a meth head that's been making the rounds on the internet for years.

R (3).jpg

That's Matt before his plastic surgery.

Welp, the Freedom Caucus and the rest that made up the 20 that consistently voted against McCarthy are flipping their votes, here in what I think is the 12th round. I've counted 9 switch overs so far, including Reps Roy (what????) and this lovely Rep from FL:

Luna -
Anna-Paulina-with-guns-flag-backdop-522x600.jpg

It may end up less than 10 "No-McCarthy votes this round, still not enough for the majority. But the writing's on the wall... Only a matter of time.

Mccarthy will be the doorman for the democrats. He will hold the door open while they get their way on everything.
Just like Mitch McConell in the Senate.

Welp, the Freedom Caucus and the rest that made up the 20 that consistently voted against McCarthy are flipping their votes, here in what I think is the 12th round. I've counted 9 switch overs so far, including Reps Roy (what????) and this lovely Rep from FL:

Luna -

It may end up less than 10 "No-McCarthy votes this round, still not enough for the majority. But the writing's on the wall... Only a matter of time.
Their votes are all up for sale, McCarthy is just working out the payments.

Luna -

Not so fast there sunnycity, read up and see that it was indeed a BIG win for not only the Freedom Boys but America as well.

Republican strategists say the key concession is found in subsection “q” of the new House rules package (pdf). It reinstates a centuries-old rule allowing just one member to move to vacate the speaker’s position.

Such a motion would be made via a so-called “privileged resolution,” which supersedes all other business except adjournment.

“Anyone, anywhere, any time,” Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) said on Thursday on Capitol Hill, commenting about the power this concession grants to members to try and oust their speaker in a vote of no confidence.

Were this motion to be invoked, McCarthy would need a majority of 218 votes to remain as House speaker.

“This effectively neuters McCarthy,” attorney Jenna Ellis, who represented the 2020 Trump campaign, said in a post on Twitter.

“The original 20 have a pact that if McCarthy does anything outside his promises, they will vote to not retain and he’s gone,” referring to the 20 holdout Republicans who were opposed to McCarthy as speaker.

Under Democratic Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), a move to vacate the speaker’s chair could be made only with support from a majority of either party.