• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Our racist President.....

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
.....granted Alice Johnson, a black woman serving a life sentence for drug trafficking, clemency. The lord and savior Jesus Obama declined to do that. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Alice Johnson: 'Very Humbling' to Be Freed After Trump Move

Alice Marie Johnson said Thursday that having her lifetime prison sentence commuted by President Donald Trump was "a very humbling experience" and that she would be "a force" in the administration's reform efforts.

"This is a very humbling experience for me because I know that it is all grace," Johnson, 63, who spent 21 years in prison in Alabama without parole, told Brooke Baldwin on CNN. "I know that it is all grace.

"It's a miracle for me."

Trump commuted Johnson's sentence Wednesday after her cause was championed by reality TV star Kim Kardashian West in a recent visit to the White House.

Johnson was convicted in 1996 on eight criminal counts related to a Memphis-based cocaine trafficking operation involving more than a dozen people.
The 1994 indictment described dozens of deliveries and drug transactions, many involving Johnson.

She was sentenced to life in prison in 1997, and appellate judges and the U.S. Supreme Court had rejected her appeals.

Johnson had a motion pending for a reduction in her sentence when Trump made his decision, but federal prosecutors opposed it because they argued it was in accordance with federal guidelines.

"It is an amazing feeling," Johnson told Baldwin of no longer being behind bars. "When I think about where I would be out today in this moment in time, it makes me believe all day long that I have been whispering Lord."

Johnson said remained hopeful and sustained herself on the support from her family.

"I never gave up hope," she said. "Not every day was a good day.

"I would pull out my family pictures and look at my children — and I hoped to see my parents again.

She said both parents died while she was in prison.

"My family is full of faith," Johnson told Baldwin. "I pulled out letters.

"My sister sent me a letter, so I could read it and be encouraged.

"I read it so many times."

She said she would be an active force in the Trump administration's efforts at prison reform, led by son-in-law and White House adviser Jared Kushner.

"I believe because I'm recognized now and my case is magnified through media, it has caught the attention of others," Johnson said. "People don't know unless it is brought before them.

"I'm thankful for the media that has been covering this because they have magnified the plight of those serving these sentences for non-violent crimes.

"I will be a force in this fight."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/p...est-presidential-pardon/2018/06/07/id/864869/

One thing is for sure if he was racist, he would have had no desire to do that.

At the very least, it was the right thing to do. Race is immaterial here.

This has everything to do with Kim Kardashian and nothing to do with Alice Johnson. Not even three months ago you were applauding Trump for suggesting drug dealers get the death penalty.

I am not sure I agree with clemency for drug dealers, but it is done. Here is to hoping that she can get on with a much more positive life, and beat the odds she is in trouble again in a few months.

This has everything to do with Kim Kardashian and nothing to do with Alice Johnson. Not even three months ago you were applauding Trump for suggesting drug dealers get the death penalty.

The last photo of Trog:

PolishedEnchantedBeardeddragon-max-1mb.gif

And a word of advice to Trog about his habit of ******** on good news - jobs up, unemployment down, economy booming, stock market rallying, "Oh, this **** will crash. Doom, misery, and agony, oh me, deep dark depression, excessive misery ..." - take this advice:

giphy.gif

The last photo of Trog:

PolishedEnchantedBeardeddragon-max-1mb.gif

And a word of advice to Trog about his habit of ******** on good news - jobs up, unemployment down, economy booming, stock market rallying, "Oh, this **** will crash. Doom, misery, and agony, oh me, deep dark depression, excessive misery ..." - take this advice:

giphy.gif

HA! ******** on good news? If this is good news, here’s the bad news: There are several thousand more inmates serving life sentences for non-violent crimes who didn’t get pardoned. I suppose it was as a coincidence that the one who had Kim Kardashian petitioning for her did get pardoned?

Again, a few months ago it was good news that Trump was calling for the execution of Alice Johnson, now her pardon is good news. And you think people blindly worshiped Obama?

HA! ******** on good news? If this is good news, here’s the bad news: There are several thousand more inmates serving life sentences for non-violent crimes who didn’t get pardoned. I suppose it was as a coincidence that the one who had Kim Kardashian petitioning for her did get pardoned?

Again, a few months ago it was good news that Trump was calling for the execution of Alice Johnson, now her pardon is good news. And you think people blindly worshiped Obama?

good goddamn. some ************* just can't be happy. Your savior, The Big O, He of Wookie Marriage and Interspecies Love, The Mover and Shaker of all things Racist, didn't help this woman nor did he help the same "thousand more inmates" you just whined about. Trump, the god awful racist, sexist, misogynistic ******* from the land of Cheetos and Russian backing, looked past race and sex to do what was right. I know that's a foreign ******* concept to you, as you displayed your whataboutism in classic Three Musketeers "All for one, one for all" style, but make no mistake that this was the correct thing to do. If you had bothered to read the article, you'd have become enlightened (not educated) that this woman was not a drug dealer, nor was she handling drugs. She was caught up in the operation, but to say she was a Grandma Kingpin is a bit far-fetched. You should also be ashamed that your bleeding heart was unable to find sympathy for the woman since she took this path after her son died, thereby unable to also see her parents before they passed.

You, sir, ma'am, binary-questionable, possibly cis-gender are a disgrace to all who proclaim themselves to be progressive. You should see this as a win, since the for-profit prison system lost a member to bill the taxpayers, while also freeing someone from a rather harsh sentence. But, since it was Trump -- YOUR 45th POTUS -- your *** is chapped.

Trump is talking about a pardon for Muhammad Ali. The libs will really go apeshit if that happens. What are the odds that they'll trash Ali?

You, sir, ma'am, binary-questionable, possibly cis-gender are a disgrace to all who proclaim themselves to be progressive. You should see this as a win, since the for-profit prison system lost a member to bill the taxpayers, while also freeing someone from a rather harsh sentence. But, since it was Trump -- YOUR 45th POTUS -- your *** is chapped.

That is where we are. A substantial percentage of the country wants the nation to flounder - desires high unemployment, foreign policy setbacks, economic decline, our borders overrun with illegal immigrants - just so they can say, "Hah, told you!" When the nation does well, these same people are angry, bitter, confused. "Booming economy? But, but, but ... orange. He's so dumb. He's a racist. And a misogynist. And a bigot. Waaaaaah, why is he succeeding?? Oh, yes, because Russia. And Obama."

good goddamn. some ************* just can't be happy. Your savior, The Big O, He of Wookie Marriage and Interspecies Love, The Mover and Shaker of all things Racist, didn't help this woman nor did he help the same "thousand more inmates" you just whined about. Trump, the god awful racist, sexist, misogynistic ******* from the land of Cheetos and Russian backing, looked past race and sex to do what was right. I know that's a foreign ******* concept to you, as you displayed your whataboutism in classic Three Musketeers "All for one, one for all" style, but make no mistake that this was the correct thing to do. If you had bothered to read the article, you'd have become enlightened (not educated) that this woman was not a drug dealer, nor was she handling drugs. She was caught up in the operation, but to say she was a Grandma Kingpin is a bit far-fetched. You should also be ashamed that your bleeding heart was unable to find sympathy for the woman since she took this path after her son died, thereby unable to also see her parents before they passed.

giphy.gif

Trump is talking about a pardon for Muhammad Ali. The libs will really go apeshit if that happens. What are the odds that they'll trash Ali?

They can't. He was black and Muslim.....untouchable by lib standards.

I am not sure I agree with clemency for drug dealers, but it is done. Here is to hoping that she can get on with a much more positive life, and beat the odds she is in trouble again in a few months.

I understand where you're coming from, but this woman did 21 years and became an ordained minister while in prison. The prison warden apparently even supported her release, as did many others. A petition included hundreds of thousands of signatures urging her release. I don't think as a 63-year-old great-grandmother now, she's going to be in trouble again.

This has everything to do with Kim Kardashian and nothing to do with Alice Johnson.

Huh? Yeah, the woman is free yet it has nothing to do with her.

And she asked for clemency from the Obama administration and was denied. Champion for injustice my ***.

Liberal heads will be asplodin', that's for sure.

So, the SCOTUS overturned Ali's conviction way back in 1971 so there's no need for a pardon -- little confused here then.

My guy Rand Paul has been championing CJ/Sentencing reform for years. There's been bipartisan support for similar bills. Will they go anywhere? Are the prison and bond co. industries/lobbies going to pressure lawmakers?

I'll give you racists.....Bernie Sanders supporters

The Racist Side of Bernie Sanders Supporters

More proof that ‘progressive’ isn’t a synonym for ‘tolerant.’

For decades, one narrative has dominated American politics: That while white liberal Democrats may not be perfect, they are far more trustworthy and far less scary when it comes to race than conservative Republicans.

The backers of Bernie Sanders’s never-ending kamikaze campaign remind us of an older truth: that there are good people and terrible people in both parties and that Republicans do not have a monopoly on intolerance.

Though much of the media coverage of so-called Bernie Bros—overzealous, predominantly white, young, and male Sanders supporters—has focused on their treatment of female journalists online, their lack of respect for racial and ethnic minorities who deign to challenge Sanders has been perhaps more chilling.

The Washington Post noted that at one point #MississippiBerning became a hashtag used by Sanders supporters on social media—a witty and clever turn of phrase unless of course you are a black American who hears the words “Mississippi burning” and immediately thinks of church bombings and lynchings.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-racist-side-of-bernie-sanders-supporters

this

Donald Trump is wooing black voters and killing the Democratic party

Donald Trump is performing his biggest trick: Convincing people that he cares more about black people than the Democratic Party.

As the Democratic Party remains in the coma it entered in November 2016, President Donald Trump is performing his greatest magic trick.

And he’s doing it right under their noses.

Anyone who thinks that Trump’s decision to pardon boxer Jack Johnson and commute the sentence of the unfairly sentenced Alice Johnson wasn’t part of a greater plan is delusional.

Donald Trump is wooing black voters.

636634534396624339-trump-jackjohnson-1.jpg

He doesn’t really have to do much: have the presidents of some of nation’s historically black colleges gather in the Oval for a photo op and watch them do it

He does it by freeing the Johnsons – freeing the history of Jack and commuting the sentence of Alice.

Anyone who thinks that Trump didn’t gain some black votes by those actions last week doesn’t understand the power of connecting with the disconnected.

In Detroit, and other urban areas – where we can’t get more than 14 to 20 percent of registered voters to turn out for an election – and where many people still love Kanye West whether he thinks slavery was a choice or R. Kelly, who is escaping jail by inexplicable means – Trump may be resonating.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/co...08/trump-jack-johnson-black-voters/684898002/

Last edited: