• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pirates 2023

Will they be at least semi competitive this year?

Its really really hard for me to watch baseball, especially if you are pretty much guaranteed to lose 100 games in a season.

Top o first. 2 on, 1 out for Buccos....then 2 scrubs get blown away...one swinging, one watching. Come away with nothing.

Carlos Santana sucks already...shoulda stuck to playing guitar 😜

Coulda kept Chavis cheaper and had as good a result or just as bad or whatever

At Boston....losing 5 to 3 after ONE inning. Surprised they scored 3, not surprised they gave up 5. Bums.

Brian Reynolds.....pay the man!! Build around him, don't get rid of him Nutting!

Buccos at 4 and 2.

5-2...tied for the fourth-best record in all of baseball! Who's ready to put a G on the Pirates to win the World Series at 300 to 1?

Cruz broke his ankle today on this slide attempt--or whatever you want to call it--today. Hopefully it's a fast recovery.

Cruz has time to heal. That looked painful as hell though.

Cruz is out for four months. You can thank the genius third base coach, who should've sent him home on Reynolds' single. Romy Gonzalez is primarily a second baseman with a weak right field arm, where he's played a grand total of 47 innings in his career. Yeah, let's hold up the team's fastest runner and watch an inexperienced outfielder two-hop a throw ten feet away from home plate. Then with nobody out, let's send Cruz on contact on a grounder to the third baseman who's playing in, and watch him break his ankle at the plate. Sweet.

Cruz is out for four months. You can thank the genius third base coach, who should've sent him home on Reynolds' single. Romy Gonzalez is primarily a second baseman with a weak right field arm, where he's played a grand total of 47 innings in his career. Yeah, let's hold up the team's fastest runner and watch an inexperienced outfielder two-hop a throw ten feet away from home plate. Then with nobody out, let's send Cruz on contact on a grounder to the third baseman who's playing in, and watch him break his ankle at the plate. Sweet.
there goes any hopes for even a .500 season., which was my fantasy stretch goal for them..

Damn shame.

Going to lose a game they shoulda won.
Shelton with more crappy managerial decisions.

Castro doesn't have enough arm to play short.

And they grab a victory from the jaws of defeat. Can they keep this up???

there goes any hopes for even a .500 season., which was my fantasy stretch goal for them..

Damn shame.
Kind of funny how most of us are upset with the Steelers for finishing around .500, but for the Pirates it would be a monumental accomplishment.

The pitching has been good so far, but I'm not sure the hitting can be sustained with McCutchen probably overachieving a bit at this point in his career and with Cruz out.

Keller, Contreras and Oviedo potentially give them the young core of a pretty good pitching staff. If some of the hitting prospects in the upper minors develop along with Cruz , they could have something within the next couple years, even if they trade Reynolds.

Kind of funny how most of us are upset with the Steelers for finishing around .500, but for the Pirates it would be a monumental accomplishment.

Absolutely, I used the all-star break as a criteria. If the Pirates were at or above .500 ball, I was extremely happy. That has eroded to if they were with-in 25 games of .500, I was happy.

Today, this season shows signs that possibly that .500 mark is attainable.

Salute the nation