• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pirates 2023

Way to go Bucco's but its 23 games out of 162. Save for the run 10 years ago it's been a looooong streak of sub .500 years. It does look like this team could possibly make the playoffs but I am so scarred from the futility I just can't climb on board yet.
Yep. Way too early to get excited. Everything after the all star break is when baseball season ramps up

Reactions: JMM
ah KDKA, Bob Prince. I think that is what I remember.
The Gunner was one of the best ever!
Many childhood memories of sitting on the front steps on a warm summer night, waiting to hear "Chicken on the Hill with Will!"...or even a "bug on the rug" call from him..

raise the Jolly Roger again!

concerning yesterday I kinda missed what they were saying about drew maggi.
Found it on you tube today.

I'll refrain from singing "We Are Family" for now.

Not many cities would give a guy like Maggi that kind of reaction ....Stay Classy Pittsburgh

Not many cities would give a guy like Maggi that kind of reaction ....Stay Classy Pittsburgh

I like Maggi’s story, Always like the underdog to thriv e…………..

Salute the nation

raise the Jolly Roger again!

concerning yesterday I kinda missed what they were saying about drew maggi.
Found it on you tube today.

I'll refrain from singing "We Are Family" for now.

Nice video clip, thanks for posting SanDiegoSteeler !!!

Salute the nation

Pirates sweep the Nats today. They broke out the lumber in game 2 and win 16-1 holy cow....

Arrrrrrrr

I just got in from work, I’ll have to check that out on YouTube ……. After supper.

When’s the last Tim e the Pirates beat someone 16-1, JEEPERS this team is having a very NICE run.

I’m enjoying this opening part of the season, beats the alternative. EARLY wins add up.!!!

Salute the nation

Pirates sweep the Nats today. They broke out the lumber in game 2 and win 16-1 holy cow....

Arrrrrrrr

Ok every time I turn it on they are scoring runs left and right, hitting, running the bases and are pitching a shutout.

Its still early but this team looks like it might be a PITA for everyone this year.

The Bucs are about to play a 3 game series with TB Rays. Two teams with over a .715 winning percentage in May...that's crazy.

The Bucs are about to play a 3 game series with TB Rays. Two teams with over a .715 winning percentage in May...that's crazy.
Nine of their next twelve are against TB, Toronto and Baltimore. Tough sledding right there. Gonna find out what this team is about. I'd love to see them win a majority of those games.

Oviedo has had a couple bad starts in a row now, after starting off great. It bears watching as he's been a big part of their success so far.

The thing is they might have enough decent pitching this season that it won't matter much.

They're definitely making progress, but I'm not sold that they're this good yet, but they could very well prove me wrong in the coming weeks.

The likes of McCutchen, Carlos Santana, Rich Hill and Connor Joe probably are not going to keep performing like they have, but you never know.

Nine of their next twelve are against TB, Toronto and Baltimore. Tough sledding right there. Gonna find out what this team is about. I'd love to see them win a majority of those games.

Come out of there >650 win % would be nice….

Salute the nation

Oviedo has had a couple bad starts in a row now, after starting off great. It bears watching as he's been a big part of their success so far.

The thing is they might have enough decent pitching this season that it won't matter much.

They're definitely making progress, but I'm not sold that they're this good yet, but they could very well prove me wrong in the coming weeks.

The likes of McCutchen, Carlos Santana, Rich Hill and Connor Joe probably are not going to keep performing like they have, but you never know.

I he3ar yaz, but choosing to celebrate right along with the teams success.

I’m not waiting, going to enjoy the moment for what it is.

Salute the nation

No shows vs. Tampa for two nites in a row.

OUR catcher has been and will be a hitting struggle. I think he came to the team with a .180 batting average. His fielding is above the line but batting is questionable.

Salute the nation

When you get into a rut...is when you really need your best players or PLAYER to step up..

Unfortunately, ours is out until at least August.