• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pirates 2023

2 out-A 3 from the Giants, who happen to be a pretty good team.

Now we are coming home to a longer Home Stand so that should help as well.

This division is very winnable and remember that the PIRATES are still above .500 ball, through a third (1/3) of the season. Something that hasn’t happened in a long time.

Cardinals are still at the bottom and not a very good team, Brewers are 1 game up on PIRATES and they slumber along at times as well…….. very winnable division.

Salute the nation

HellA game yesterday, come from behind (down o-5 ) and got back to back home runs to seal the deal. That was against the cardinals.

Day before the Pirates lost but I also noticed they pulled the start in 3. Then several pitching changes to get out of the game, they lost . I’m not sure on that fiasco but am sure it contributed to the loss. Against the cardinals too, so they are taking 2 of three for wins, I’ll take that against a division foe any day.

Salute the nation

Still a half game out of first. Pirates suck.
Just trying to get with the program.

You know I am followiing all our teams.
Gloom Despair and Agony on me.
Most of the time it's how I feel after visiting this great site.

positive **** once in a while can't hurt.

Go Buccos.

I was a game off

Another win yesterday, against the cardinals (swept them on a home stand)
They have won five in a row.

The Pirates came off a ”long” road trip and struggled during that time. Now they are on a long “home” stand and are making GREAT strides in this stand.

Taking those games from the Cardinals is huge as same division team and putting distanc e betweeen them.

Salute the nation

Can’t be down on our Pirates as this is a great year for them to this point.

When comparing to season’s past,……. They were no where near .500 ball at this stage of the season.

Remeber they have the first pick in. The draft coming up in mid-late July and that is great for adding to this team.

Salute the nation

Reactions: JMM
Pirates back in first place, half a game up on the Brewers. Two more VERY winnable games coming up. The A's are terrible. Cannot be dropping these kinds of games.

The PIRATES are “HOT” right now, 6 wins in a row and in the midst of a long home stand. They been winning with a combination of both pitching and their bats. Defense has been pretty good as well.

I’ve got to check but I think there is a live game coming up on either PRIME or maybe YouTube.

Salute the nation

GOT smoked yesterday……………….. but not to worry

They are something near .265 when they have runners in scoring position, that ranks 10th in MLB.

They have score 199 runs when runners are in scoring position, that ranks 9th in MLB.

They are also 12th in team batting average, in MLB,

They are ranked 13th in slugger on base batting average, in MLB.

Not bad for a team that is normally last or bottom 10 in most major categories.

I’ll keep rooting and watching.

Salute the nation

Just lost two of three to a 12 (now 14) win team. This is why it’s so hard to believe in the Pirates.

The PIRATES open a three game home stand against the Mets.

Mets are a pretty good team, but I’m thinking Bucs take two of three.

Pirates had a day off yesterday and that should make a little difference on a long season.

Salute the nation

The PIRATES open a three game home stand against the Mets.

Mets are a pretty good team, but I’m thinking Bucs take two of three.

Pirates had a day off yesterday and that should make a little difference on a long season.

Salute the nation
There were some great games against the Mets back in the Leyland days.

I just got home (very late) any word on today’s game…………. ?

I’ll check it out and then post in the AM.

Salute the nation

What’s considered a pretty strong team, the Mets took an ***-kicking from the Pirates yesterday (14-6).

A 42 yr old gentleman named HILL made the start for the Bucco’s and pitched well through the 7th, nice job taking it deep.

The Mets didn’t have the answer for the hot bats as several pitching changes didn’t slow them.

Pirates had a back to back HRs, Mets throwing error also scored two from a previous double steel.

Pirates played good ball and are currently 5 games over .500 (I think and I’ll take that)

Salute the nation

Reactions: JMM
1/2 game out division lead (Brewers coming off a 3 straight win too).

Pirates also swept the Cardinals earlier, don’t forget that stand either. The significants of that is this……….

Probably the most obscure stat in all professional sports………

The pirates have not finished in front of the Cardinals since 1997, think about that…….

Salute the nation

Reactions: MTC
Cutch 2k

oh and raise the Jolly Roger.

LOVE it and hell yes, that means they swept a pretty dang good Mets team.

Worth the celebration !!!!

Salute the nation

Fun fact. The Pirates' run differential is +1. It is currently best in their division, and 6th best in the NL.

Fun fact. The Pirates' run differential is +1. It is currently best in their division, and 6th best in the NL.

Now we’re talking, love those fun facts and positive at that !!!!!

This TEAM is a hell of a.Lot better than recent past…….

Salute the nation

Our Centerfielder leads all MLB in slugging, but still having hard time hitting lefties.

Tonight Cubs at cubs 8:05 ET, i think a 3 game outing.

Salute the nation

Yesterdays game seemed a blow out, but it was tied 3 - to - 3 in the 7th. Then it started raining.

Yes, our center fielder knocked two out of the park.

We need a couple guys to be called up as we have thre players that are dormant at offensive production. Conner Joe went out looking for walks, struck out looking twice, but lo and behold he did get 1-walk. Can’t stand there and look (not swing) and go down.(Just an example)

Tonight will be a different outcome.

If they score 4 runs and more they are like 27-6, nearly flip that if only 3 runs score. That is why they need those 3 guys to just creat a little offense and they could be very dangerous.

Salute the nation