• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pirates 2023

Another loss. 1 and 10 over last 11. Shutout too. How do you go from scoring 16, 7, 6, 8, whatever... now they are lucky to score 1 or 2.

In July will be the draft, Pirates have #1 overall.

The LSU kid is top contender…….

Salute the nation

Reactions: JMM
ALSO

Prime Video has todays game live, free with prime subscription which I have………….. last nights game also.

Salute the nation

Uggg

Yesterday’s l;oss put them inrto 2nd place in them NL Central, MIL leads.

Salute the nation

If nothin else, Keller is a stud.(Yankees'll come trying to sign him). 13 k's today, 7 shutout innings. Shutout his last outing. Like 16 scoreless innings.

Pirates 4——————0 Oriels

I’ll take that.

Keller is pitching very. I caught most of the game on Prime Video as they had a MLB promotion going on for about a week or so.

The relief pitcher (can’t remember name), came in and took care of things promptly.

NO, I will not be subscribing to the MLB for season games, I’ll save that for when I retire or get old and can’t KAYAK or spend time out-doors Anything activities.

Salute the nation

DK Sports Daily Shot is pretty good this morning, recommend taking the time to view it. YouTube is easy to find.

He talks about how cold the Bats are and nothing being done, including direction of batter in how to approach at the plate.

He also talks about a “punt” season from the management and how nothing, nothin g is being done to turn batting around.

Going from 20 - 8 to .500 ball in a span of less than 3 weeks, goes to show the management has given up…”punt”.

DK says it way better but that is the gist.

Salute the nation

One of the most obscure stats in all pro sports

The Pirates have not finished better than the Cardinals since 1997.

Currently the Pirates are 1 game out in the division (Brewers lead).

Pirates in a home stand, tonight will be the start, they will come out of their batting slump.

Salute the nation

One of the most obscure stats in all pro sports

The Pirates have not finished better than the Cardinals since 1997.

Currently the Pirates are 1 game out in the division (Brewers lead).

Pirates in a home stand, tonight will be the start, they will come out of their batting slump.

Salute the nation
Damn, the bats have awoken tonight...

Pirates win…………… PIRATES WIN…………….

Santana lead off double, Haynes (?) off wall double, score 1 - 1

bottom 4th
Bae off wall double, Palaceo single 2 score, hedges singles 2 on, Bases loaded Seweinski double 2 score, Hayes up middle 2 score, Ronald’s home run,

7 run inning

Pirates 11 ——- D-backa 1

Final Score

13 - 3
PIRATES win and have won 3 of their last 4

I’ll take that and yes, their bats lit up as told to you in POST #109 this thread.

Salute the nation

I’ll have to look up standings later, sorry have to head out to work.

Salute the nation

Pissed one away today....lost 4-3.

I don’t know about “pissing it away” they lost, simple as that. The diamond backs are a pretty good team, in fact they now have two more wins on the year than the Pirates do.

Salute the nation

1 game over .500

Better away record than home record.

The ship is taking on water fast.

1 game over .500

Better away record than home record.

The ship is taking on water fast.

You do realize this is the PIRATES right………. 1 game over .500 is awesome when compared to the past 10 years…….

Salute the nation

After going 20-8 in April, the Pirates are 6-19 so far in May. Talk about falling off a cliff. Yikes.

I knew they’d struggled and could end up below .500, but thought it would take longer than a month.