• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Planned Parenthood Selling Dead Babies for Parts

But see One for the Bus that is the bullshit of the internet. You can literally find a stat to support virtually any argument you want. Because as Twain said, there are lies, damn lies and there are statistics. I literally know of not one people in all the ardent gun owners that I know that feels the need to keep a loaded gun at his/ her reach. Zero, none. So when you say overall crime rate what does that entail. Break into my car. I really don't give a **** about that. That is an annoyance. Murder and rape of people in their home. Well, then I would be concerned. The US incarcerates how many people compared to the rest of the first world?

Not what I'm saying. I'm saying I find it hypocritical that many of you are saying that people should not have the right to choose and then at the same time you don't want to pay for "lazies" that will over represent as a result.

We already pay for them....and not just monetarily. You're basically saying I'm hypocritical because I value life (ALL lives matter) and believe in personal responsibility. That is about as convoluted an outlook as I've heard......especially from someone that purports to be some kind of "civil libertarian." As has been stated, and it may take a generation of two to take hold, but if the state stops rewarding laziness, sloth and bacchanalian, no consequence life styles the costs will decrease, imo. It's NOT okay on any level to continue spitting out kids like a Pez dispenser if you have no means of supporting them.

What social nets do is keep the have not from needing to take from the haves. The bigger the social net ie. Canada the less you feel the need to keep a loaded gun under your bed and the less prisons you need to build. But the monatary price is high to keep the barbarians from the gate. My taxes are much higher and more broad reaching here.

That's it. Give in to despair. Take the droppings life offers and move on. Theft is theft no matter the man behind the mask.

Works in Canada. Like I said, no one I know has a gun loaded under their bed for protection. There are poor no doubt, but they have a substantial social net and things like schools, and health care are uniform standard. The poor get as good as the rich.

Why are there still poor?

But see One for the Bus that is the bullshit of the internet. You can literally find a stat to support virtually any argument you want. Because as Twain said, there are lies, damn lies and there are statistics. I literally know of not one people in all the ardent gun owners that I know that feels the need to keep a loaded gun at his/ her reach. Zero, none. So when you say overall crime rate what does that entail. Break into my car. I really don't give a **** about that. That is an annoyance. Murder and rape of people in their home. Well, then I would be concerned. The US incarcerates how many people compared to the rest of the first world?

Maybe you need to get out more dude, travel the world. I don't even own a gun. I don't live in fear of getting raped or robbed. Most of the people where I live are decent hardworking, educated people. We have pockets of heavy drug and gang violence in urban areas of the United States such as DC, Baltimore, Chicago, LA and Detroit, but again, this isn't due to lack of social safety nets. Talk about bullshit, your idea that government programs somehow prevent murders and rapes is ludicrous. Again, poor people here get Medicaid. It's free. They get free housing or housing assistance. They get free cell phones and free food. That doesn't prevent them from doing drugs and committing crimes...in fact it seems to encourage it.

Last edited:
Maybe you need to get out more dude, travel the world. I don't even own a gun. I don't live in fear of getting raped or robbed. Most of the people where I live are decent hardworking, educated people. We have pockets of heavy drug and gang violence in urban areas of the United States such as DC, Baltimore, Chicago, LA and Detroit, but again, this isn't due to lack of social safety nets. Talk about bullshit, your idea that government programs somehow prevent murders and rapes is ludicrous. Again, poor people here get Medicaid. It's free. They get free housing or housing assistance. They get free cell phones and free food. That doesn't prevent them from doing drugs and committing crimes...in fact it seems to encourage it.

Bill Clinton's government-funded Midnight Basketball was supposed to fix all that back in the 90's.

Poverty has nothing to do with crime. The poorest county in the USA has among the lowest crime rates in the nation. Overall crime is low and violent crime is practically non existant. The marriage rate is high and intact families are the norm. The biggest deterrent to crime is a Mom and a Dad teaching their kids right from wrong not a welfare check.

Poverty has nothing to do with crime. The poorest county in the USA has among the lowest crime rates in the nation. Overall crime is low and violent crime is practically non existant. The marriage rate is high and intact families are the norm. The biggest deterrent to crime is a Mom and a Dad teaching their kids right from wrong not a welfare check.

Damn dude, what are you doing awake at the witching hour?

The biggest deterrent to crime is a Mom and a Dad teaching their kids right from wrong...

Y'know, DBS, you might have swerved into something here. There may be something to the presence of PARENTS in children's lives.

We hear of the 'disproportionate' incarceration of black America as if there was a plot by white folk to incarceration as many black folk as possible. We fall all over ourselves to ignore that the incarcerated are incarcerated because of crimes they committed, and that they were convicted of said crimes by a jury of their peers. We shriek and run from any assertion that the bad behavior that gets folks incarcerated is the real issue, and that that bad behavior is overwhelmingly present in homes that lack good parenting skills.

Now wit dat as a backdrop, do you suppose there is any relationship between "the 'disproportionate' incarceration of black America" and that more than 70% of black children (those they 'let live') are born to unwed mothers? Yeah I know. What a racist thing to even think.