• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Police involved shooting **** show in Pittsburgh

Buster

Reaction score
From the info that has been released it doesn’t bode well for the cop, but we will have to wait for the facts. Meanwhile, protesters take to the streets because they already have all the answers.
Regardless of whether the shooting was justified or not...as usual, it could have been prevented by obeying an officer of the law. Some here will dance around that fact.

http://triblive.com/local/allegheny...-over-police-shooting-of-antwon-rose-continue

A third day of demonstrations in response to the East Pittsburgh police shooting of Antwon Rose began Friday with a small group of protesters staging a sit-in outside District Attorney Stephen Zappala's Allegheny County Courthouse office.

Details for a larger demonstration this evening were still in the works Friday afternoon, according to organizers.

Rose was shot and killed Tuesday night after police pulled over a car in which the 17-year-old from Rankin was a passenger because they suspected it was involved in an earlier shooting in North Braddock. Rose, a Woodland Hills High School honor student, was shot as he ran from the car.

Here's the latest on this major developing story:

• Allegheny County officials on Friday afternoon denied reports that investigators have security footage that shows Rose firing a weapon in the earlier non-fatal shooting in North Braddock.

“We have been asked by numerous outlets to confirm reports that video shows Antwon Rose fired a weapon in (the) earlier drive-by shooting,” spokeswoman Amie Downs wrote in an email. “That information is false.”

County police officials said earlier Friday they had no update on the investigation.

• One person was arrested early Friday after more than 150 protesters assembled on the Parkway East , blocking traffic in both directions for about 5½ hours. The highway is a major artery that carries nearly 100,000 vehicles a day. The protest began Thursday night outside the East Pittsburgh police station and protesters marched through Forest Hills along Ardmore Boulevard to get to the highway.

• Mike Manko, a spokesman for Zappala, said Rose had an empty handgun magazine in a pocket of his pants when he was shot. Rose did not have a gun on him, but police previously said they found two guns in the car in which he was riding.

• Allegheny County officials on Thursday identified the part-time East Pittsburgh officer involved in Tuesday night's shooting of Rose as 30-year-old Michael Rosfeld. He was formally sworn in at a borough council meeting Tuesday night. Less than two hours later, he shot and killed Rose. Rosfeld had about eight years of previous experience with other area police departments, including Harmar, Oakmont and the University of Pittsburgh.

• Black activists across Western Pennsylvania expressed outrage Thursday . The head of Pittsburgh's Black Political Empowerment Project said Rose was shot because he was black and it did not trust the District Attorney's Office to independently investigate. The head of the Pittsburgh Chapter of the NAACP questioned how much training the officer had and said the officer didn't think when he pulled the trigger.

• The Allegheny County and Pennsylvania fraternal orders of police urged people to reserve judgment until the legal process plays out for Rosfeld.

Guns in car that had been shot up from prior altercation earlier then ran from cops.. I think the cop had just been sworn in hours earlier. I guess we will see how it all plays out

Doesn’t sound good for the cop. Unless the guy is running towards him no reason to shoot him in my opinion. Sounds like a green cop in over his head. Don’t think he went to work looking to kill anyone, but he should be held responsible for his actions. Still early though.

Pennsylvania law allows police officers to use deadly force to prevent someone from escaping arrest if that person has committed a forcible felony, possesses a deadly weapon or if the person has indicated he or she will endanger human life or inflict bodily injury if not arrested.

Pennsylvania law allows police officers to use deadly force to prevent someone from escaping arrest if that person has committed a forcible felony, possesses a deadly weapon or if the person has indicated he or she will endanger human life or inflict bodily injury if not arrested.

If that is the case, he may be in the clear.

It just amazes me when these types of incidents happen on the way home from choir practice.

...and the problem gets solved by blocking the parkway for five hours. I don’t give a **** what you are protesting when you do that. I’m just hoping your *** gets run over.

Doesn’t sound good for the cop. Unless the guy is running towards him no reason to shoot him in my opinion. Sounds like a green cop in over his head. Don’t think he went to work looking to kill anyone, but he should be held responsible for his actions. Still early though.

That's what I was initially thinking as well. But after reading slash's post and thinking about it a bit more, who knows if the person was involved in a shooting just prior and was running after someone he wanted to use as a hostage? So many potential scenarios. I guess that's why not jumping to conclusions until an investigation is completed is critical.

If that’s the law he may have a chance. But it hurts that he was just sworn in a couple of hours earlier. Optics are awful no matter what the outcome. I have 2 nephews that are police officers, for the life of me I can’t undestand why they chose such a hard proffesion that pays nothing and they risk there lives daily.

Stop your car, maybe turn it off, keep your hands on the wheel, speak respectfully, and don’t run. You get shot then cop ****** up. You run game on.

From what I understand the cop was new to the department but had law enforcement experience elsewhere, so he wasn’t completely green.

Well, I guess NFL players kneeling for the anthem forges ahead.

What's the matter with some of these cops? This one must be a moron. Isn't he aware of the intense scrutiny cops have had to endure over the shooting of blacks?...as justified as the shootings may have been.

So he shoots a black running away. I don't care what Pa. law says, that was ******* stupid.

Thanks a lot officer, you just put Kaepernick back in the news.

In this case you don't know if the person is a felon. You simply cannot shoot an unarmed person in the back who is not a threat to you or anyone else and running away.

You simply cannot shoot an unarmed person in the back who is not a threat to you or anyone else and running away.

Yeah this is the main thing. I understand that the cop was probably extremely on edge because they already got a call that these guys were armed and involved in a possible shooting earlier in the night....however, any time you fatally shoot a guy who is running away from you, it's not going to work out well for you. If you can't hit that guy with a taser, you either chase him down and tackle him or let him go until backup arrives, then look for him. You cannot put a bullet in the guys' back while he's trying to escape, no matter how pissed you are.

I just want them to stop blocking traffic, we can sort justice out later.

I need to be able to make money.

Last edited:
Of course the media is painting this kid out to be a saint. They WANT a race war. They WANT to stir **** up. My mom is flying into the Burgh tomorrow,and for the first time ever, I'm a little nervous as to what could happen.

I disagree that the guy was not a threat to anyone else. He was in a shot up car being stopped for strong suspicion of being involved in a shooting. I would not want him running around in my neighborhood. Generally it is a good rule of thumb not to run from the police, but if you are being stopped for suspicion of being involved in a shooting and get stopped then DON"T RUN FROM THE POLICE. You will get shot. Even if you have "million dollar smile" when you aren't committing a violent crime.

Still looking for some acknowledgement from anyone that the real problem is inner city violence.

I’m not saying that. He could have made better choices. Innocent people don’t flee.

I agree 100% he was probably guilty. But you have to handle that situation better if your the cop. Not sure what the answer is, maybe more training but he was trigger happy if the guy was running from him and he should be held responsible for his actions.

I agree 100% he was probably guilty. But you have to handle that situation better if your the cop. Not sure what the answer is, maybe more training but he was trigger happy if the guy was running from him and he should be held responsible for his actions.

If the black community (or anyone) thinks that law enforcement are loose cannons and just waiting for the opportunity to shoot them, shouldn’t they be MORE likely to cooperate and not run. If you can’t figure that out then I think you should be shot on the basis of stupidity.

Last edited:
I’m not saying that. He could have made better choices. Innocent people don’t flee.

Not if you're black and raised to believe that every cop has an itchy trigger finger and eager to murder black men in cold blood. So when you interact with the cops you run, get shot, and the situation escalates.

Not if you're black and raised to believe that every cop has an itchy trigger finger and eager to murder black men in cold blood. So when you interact with the cops you run, get shot, and the situation escalates.

I think it was in Silver Streak, when Richard Pryor said: When a cop says “freeze your ***, N-bomb,” you’ve gotta run! Lol.