• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Police involved shooting **** show in Pittsburgh

How many black people live in Pittsburgh? How many of them were killed by the police this last week?

And how many black people shot in Pittsburgh were shot by black people? Black lives dont matter then.

The best solution in these situations is to shoot the gun out of their hands, without injuring the hand, of course. Then, when he stares at you in disbelief, you throw the cuffs on.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

They are taught to shoot chest range, so that they actually have a good chance of making contact in a split second decision.

The minute you suspect someone to be a threat you stop them. In that moment you are on guard for anything to happen.

You view them as a threat, and if they act like a threat, you have to deal with the threat.

We all don't want anyone to be shot, most of them don't want that either.

But it is a police officers job to protect who he can from potential harm. You aren't protecting too well if you allow a threat to get away.

I hear the kid BTW had a clip in his pocket. Really not screaming innocence IMO.

Last edited:
So not obeying the law is punishable by death now. If he was a threat to the cop I understand, but what that guy did was just plain stupid.
No, but being involved in a shooting and then fleeing the police is. You don't let violent criminals run away. It's about the threat to the public at that point.

No, but being involved in a shooting and then fleeing the police is. You don't let violent criminals run away. It's about the threat to the public at that point.

He had no weapon and was running away. So now now cops should just shoot people in the back ? You think **** is bad now, just wait. Did that cop know for a fact that was the same guy involved in the earlier shooting ? The report said he had a gun mag on him but unless he was bashing someone in the head with it or loading it into a gun you can't just shoot people.

He had no weapon and was running away. So now now cops should just shoot people in the back ? You think **** is bad now, just wait. Did that cop know for a fact that was the same guy involved in the earlier shooting ? The report said he had a gun mag on him but unless he was bashing someone in the head with it or loading it into a gun you can't just shoot people.
That cop knew he pulled over a shot up car that was involved in a shooting. If you want to live in a society that lets those ******** run away, you are doing a good job.

Last edited:
I strongly disagree with a lot of folks on this board on this one.

I've said it before qnd I'll say it again...drunk, running, white girl (me), is told by police officer, stop or I'll shoot. I wasnt armed or dangerous. I stopped dead in my tracks and lut my hands straight up. It's what you do, period.

Seems like a few mistakes ended in tragedy. All involved bear some responsibility for their actions that escalated the encounter.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Steeler Nation mobile app

I've said it before qnd I'll say it again...drunk, running, white girl (me), is told by police officer, stop or I'll shoot. I wasnt armed or dangerous. I stopped dead in my tracks and lut my hands straight up. It's what you do, period.

Liar. The cops never pursue white people.

That cop knew he pulled over a shot up car that was involved in a shooting. If you want to live in a society that let those ******** run away, you are doing a good job.

So what happened to chasing supposed criminals ? So now instead of pursuing criminals you just pull out your gun and shoot them in the back ? Damn that is a world I hope we never have to live in. You can look at all of my post, I have always been pro cop. But you don't shoot someone in the back that is fleeing. You use deadly force when you feel your life is in danger.

I know it's been repeated ad nauseum....but..DO WHAT THE OFFICER TELLS YOU TO DO!!!! Don't run, don't make threats, don't make movements that could be construed as pulling out a weapon....just follow instructions!!! Jeezus H Tapdancing Christ, I don't know how much more this needs repeated!!!

I know it's been repeated ad nauseum....but..DO WHAT THE OFFICER TELLS YOU TO DO!!!! Don't run, don't make threats, don't make movements that could be construed as pulling out a weapon....just follow instructions!!! Jeezus H Tapdancing Christ, I don't know how much more this needs repeated!!!

I had guns pulled on me by a lying ex, told some cops I had a weapon. (which I didn't)

They told me not to move.

I didn't move.

I had guns pulled on me by a lying ex, told some cops I had a weapon. (which I didn't)

They told me not to move.

I didn't move.

If you had of moved would it be ok if they shot you in the back? Every interaction I have ever had with the Police I have always done exactly what they asked. But everyone isn't going to do that, that is the world we live in. My point is you just can't shoot people when they don't do what's asked. You only use deadly force if you fear for your life.

If the black community (or anyone) thinks that law enforcement are loose cannons and just waiting for the opportunity to shoot them, shouldn’t they be MORE likely to cooperate and not run. If you can’t figure that out then I think you should be shot on the basis of stupidity.

Not running hasn’t worked out well either. There’s been incidents where people were shot while complying. I personally wouldn’t have ran, because that’s what I was taught.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Based on everything I've read, heard and seen, there was zero excuse for the officer to shoot this person. They are running away and didn't show any threat. You are a coward to shoot someone in the back like that.

If you had of moved would it be ok if they shot you in the back? Every interaction I have ever had with the Police I have always done exactly what they asked. But everyone isn't going to do that, that is the world we live in. My point is you just can't shoot people when they don't do what's asked. You only use deadly force if you fear for your life.

that isn't a police officers job, to protect just himself. He is allowed to use deadly force to protect who in need he sees and the potential for someone to get hurt, that he doesn't see.

I tell you if he would have escaped and killed say your loved one.

That tune changes, and changes really quickly.

And the law backs up this train of thought.

Which is really the bottom line.

To answer yinz question is if I had just hurt someone or they stopped me because they think I hurt someone. If I fled they would have been in their rights to shoot me.

Last edited:
Not running hasn’t worked out well either. There’s been incidents where people were shot while complying. I personally wouldn’t have ran, because that’s what I was taught.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I'd have to know the circumstances of those shootings. I'll play the odds and do what I'm told.

Based on everything I've read, heard and seen, there was zero excuse for the officer to shoot this person. They are running away and didn't show any threat. You are a coward to shoot someone in the back like that.

As I stated, it doesn't look good for the cop. However, my point is this would most likely have been avoided had he just complied and not ran.

Nobody is saying that police should be able to shoot people when they don't do what is asked. It is pointless to argue the real point when you say that. And your last statement is false but again useless to point it out to you again.

As I stated, it doesn't look good for the cop. However, my point is this would most likely have been avoided had he just complied and not ran.

It likely would have, but still not justification in this particular situation to shoot.

It likely would have, but still not justification in this particular situation to shoot.

If his posse was involved in a drive by shooting, then he would be classified as a threat to anyone he encountered.

Not sure how kids driving around with guns and bullet holes in their car, wouldn't set off red flags.

Is that something any of you objecting take part in?

I mean not like someone involved in a drive by would do it again, and not like innocent people get killed in bullets flying around from said actions.

If the kid is a banger, I won't have any love loss for him.