• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Police involved shooting **** show in Pittsburgh

You don’t shoot unarmed people in the back. Period. If cops shoot someone every time they are running away the streets would be full of bodies. I also had a friend in college who drove a old Lincoln around with bullet holes all up and down the side. Trust me if he would have ever been stopped he would have ran.

I also had a friend in college who drove a old Lincoln around with bullet holes all up and down the side. Trust me if he would have ever been stopped he would have ran.

Where the **** you go to school? The actual University of Hard Knocks? Detroit Community College?

You don’t shoot unarmed people in the back. Period. If cops shoot someone every time they are running away the streets would be full of bodies. I also had a friend in college who drove a old Lincoln around with bullet holes all up and down the side. Trust me if he would have ever been stopped he would have ran.

Your friend is a dumbass.

Where the **** you go to school? The actual University of Hard Knocks? Detroit Community College?

University of South Carolina around 84-86. My buddy had a little side business. Had a situation and his car got shot up pretty bad. Took his college side job cash and bought a couple of sub station sandwich shops. He got lucky and got out of that crap. He ended up moving a few states away. Unfortunately he took his on life a couple of years ago.

University of South Carolina around 84-86. My buddy had a little side business. Had a situation and his car got shot up pretty bad. Took his college side job cash and bought a couple of sub station sandwich shops. He got lucky and got out of that crap. He ended up moving a few states away. Unfortunately he took his on life a couple of years ago.

Suicide by cop?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Someone with ties to Pittsburgh PD says that the department is expecting violence & vandalism to start occuring as they are bussing in "protesters" to ramp up the violence and start inciting riots soon. I'm not personally sure of the validity of the claim, but to anyone who works in downtown Pittsburgh (if anyone here even works in downtown Pitt), be on alert.

Someone with ties to Pittsburgh PD says that the department is expecting violence & vandalism to start occuring as they are bussing in "protesters" to ramp up the violence and start inciting riots soon. I'm not personally sure of the validity of the claim, but to anyone who works in downtown Pittsburgh (if anyone here even works in downtown Pitt), be on alert.

The mayor of Aliquippa WANTS protesters to come there. Like Aliquippa doesn't have enough problems already.

https://beavercountian.com/content/...otesters-to-march-in-the-streets-of-aliquippa

Awesome. Are they bringing in folks to talk about staying in school, working hard, respecting authority, and being good parents?

Pennsylvania law allows police officers to use deadly force to prevent someone from escaping arrest if that person has committed a forcible felony, possesses a deadly weapon or if the person has indicated he or she will endanger human life or inflict bodily injury if not arrested.

What about eating Skittles while black?

If he's not convicted, the city will riot and burn.

Criminal Homicide is defined in PA as......

§ 2501. Criminal homicide.

(a) Offense defined.--A person is guilty of criminal homicide if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly or negligently causes the death of another human being.

(b) Classification.--Criminal homicide shall be classified as murder, voluntary manslaughter, or involuntary manslaughter.

I am not sure criminal homicide fits what he did, but I'm not sure it is ever a good idea to shoot a fleeing suspect in the back. Why not let him go and pick him up later? No, I wasn't there, but if this kid used the officer arresting the driver as a distraction for an escape, I am not sure how dangerous he was. He probably just wanted to get away.

Criminal Homicide is defined in PA as......

§ 2501. Criminal homicide.

(a) Offense defined.--A person is guilty of criminal homicide if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly or negligently causes the death of another human being.

(b) Classification.--Criminal homicide shall be classified as murder, voluntary manslaughter, or involuntary manslaughter.

I am not sure criminal homicide fits what he did, but I'm not sure it is ever a good idea to shoot a fleeing suspect in the back. Why not let him go and pick him up later? No, I wasn't there, but if this kid used the officer arresting the driver as a distraction for an escape, I am not sure how dangerous he was. He probably just wanted to get away.

Malcom Gladwell wrote about police shootings in his book “blink” about snap judgements. He explains how they can be reactionary accidents brought on by the stress of the situation.

Malcom Gladwell wrote about police shootings in his book “blink” about snap judgements. He explains how they can be reactionary accidents brought on by the stress of the situation.

This is 100% correct. I'm not saying the officer didn't made a huge mistake but in those situations it is very difficult to process clearly.

This is 100% correct. I'm not saying the officer didn't made a huge mistake but in those situations it is very difficult to process clearly.

It is easy to sit and pick it apart in hindsight. Without being there, you cannot know all of the circumstances surrounding the issue. I feel bad the kid lost his life. Now it looks like this cop will too, albeit through prison, if convicted. Prison ain't a good place to be a cop. Just a bad situation all around.

I think the case is going to be hard to win.

From what I've read, the cop had the right people. These WERE the drive-by shooters. This WAS the correct car. I mean the minute he approaches the car, the situation is "armed and dangerous", just because the guy ran makes it hard to know he's not armed (in fact, the guns were left in the car). But all those facts contribute to the level of stress in the situation.

Don't get me wrong, I think the cop went over the line and probably should have made a better decision in that "blink-and-you'll miss it" moment. But these WERE the bad guys. You might even argue he had a duty to get the guy no matter what just to get him off the street. To let him run away might put other people in danger. Maybe he wasn't done with his drive-by shooting that night. Maybe he had other targets to go get and once he knew the cops were onto him (by his vehicle registration or whatever), maybe he goes on a suicidal rampage. You never know.