• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Police want open carry laws suspended for RNC convention.

RollRed

Reaction score
Doesn't this sort of fly in the face of the idea that right wing folks have been espousing for years that the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun? I guess folks walking around armed to the teeth isn't such a good idea after all? Apparently the cops feel that the fewer guns there are around, the safer it will be for everyone... Who knew? It'll be interesting to see how the gun lobby reacts to this.

Last edited:
and the NRA loses their minds in 3, 2, 1...

You know the police are the government, right? So, the government wants to suspend the 2nd amendment. Let me find my shocker face!

Why not the other amendments. Maybe the people that live close by should be force to house some soldiers so they can be close unless something happens?

From what I heard here in Oh it was Cleveland's police chief that made the suggestion. Considering it is Cuyhoga County the Bluest County in the state I am not surprised.

Suspend a Constitutional amendment because it is expedient?

Yeah, pass.

The world has gone full on ******* crazy.

The motives of the shooters are difficult to untangle. We're in the middle of a full blown media-driven race riot because journalism has NOT been held accountable for decades.

And the timing is absolutely perfect.

Probably a good idea. It looks like a third-world nation when people carry guns like that in the streets.

well you know, maybe we ought to figure out the most violent types of people and ban them for no reason too, just to be safe...lol....rights dont matter anymore...correct? obviously this idiotic polilical stance made just so they can rail about it if something happens

and the NRA loses their minds in 3, 2, 1...

The NRA should give them membership applications and welcome them to our side.

Open carry or not, it will be the police responsibility to verify everyone carrying a gun has the correct permit with them. If not, their gun is confiscated and they go to jail. I know that won't happen but ti should because if something happens with a shooting, the State of Ohio will be sued.