• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Racist? Why or why not?

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/2019/12/02/wealthy-chicago-suburb-marijuana-tax-revenue-will-go-solely-black-residents-many-them...spent-time-jail-smoking

In a Wealthy Chicago Suburb, All Marijuana Tax Revenue Will Go Solely to Black Residents – ‘as Many [of Them]…Spent Time in Jail for Smoking’ It
Posted at 7:28 pm on December 2, 2019 by Alex Parker

If you’re a fan of slavery reparations and legal weed, have I got the town for you.

The wealthy Chicago suburb of Evanston has voted to funnel all proceeds from its coming weed dispensaries to a course-correcting cause. Rather than the city at large benefitting from the tax revenue, the dispensaries’ dough will be yielded to you, the residents…so long as you’re black.

From the Chicago Tribune:

Evanston leaders say they see the dispensaries as an opportunity to pay for a local reparations program that would address the lingering institutional effects of slavery and discrimination. The proposal passed 8-1, with Ald. Tom Suffredin, 6th Ward, voting against it.

The effort will allow black residents to continue life in Evanston:

Officials say the program will help the city’s black population stay in Evanston while also providing training for jobs and other benefits.

“We can implement funding to directly invest in black Evanston,” said Ald. Robin Rue Simmons, 5th Ward, who proposed the reparations bill.

Robin believes giving black citizens money from marijuana, specifically, is particularly fitting:

Simmons said the source of the money was especially appropriate, as many black residents were victims of the “war on drugs” and spent time in jail for smoking marijuana, a substance that in specific quantities will now be permitted in Illinois.

Therefore, the cash’ll be “invested in the community [the drug war] unfairly policed and damaged.”

Back to the demographic struggling to stay, between 2000 and 2017, the percentage of black folks in Evanston dropped from 22.5% to 16.9%. It should be noted, however, that that number is still higher than the national average (13.4, as per the last census).

The faithful near-17% will gain from 100% of the fund, which will max out at $10 million. The city estimates it’ll generate between half a million and $750,000 per year.

So exactly how are they gonna spend it? Well, apparently, it’s a Power to the People setup:

A committee of residents is currently examining ways to spend the money and how to best support the black community through housing, education and economic incentives.

Despite the controversial nature of resources being handed out strictly based on race, the vote was a smooth move:

Aldermen…praised their local effort, which no one spoke against at the meeting, as a good start.

“We are on the right track,” said Ald. Ann Rainey, 8th Ward.

Under state law, recreational weed becomes legal in Illinois next year.

And Robin’s sittin’ on go:

“I’m offering no apologies. This is for black Evanston residents. … It is going to bring the impact (to) our community that is overdue and is well-deserved.”

-ALEX

We keep striving for equality and to rid the world of racism. Yet we keep doing **** like this. The divide only grows wider than ever.

The article's a little vague about how it intends to use the funds to support "the black community". If they are going to use the funds for economic development and and job training in black communities, I'm all for it. If they are going to hand out specific benefits to only black people that are barred from being given to equally disadvantaged white people, I'm not down with that. Plenty of white people have been "victims of the drug war" although to my mind if you knew something was illegal and you did it anyway you can hardly call yourself a "victim" no matter what color you are.

The dispensaries should hire the local black community to work there.

Last edited:
Reactions: wig
I don't see this getting any better till the Left gets off the bandwagon. Both sides keep fueling the mantra and the divide stays the same.

As long as there are militant factions active there will be problems, accusations and bad blood.

Stereotypes like this don't help either.

Grandaddy_e797dd_1529179.jpg

Slaves smoked weed?

The article's a little vague about how it intends to use the funds to support "the black community". If they are going to use the funds for economic development and and job training in black communities, I'm all for it. If they are going to hand out specific benefits to only black people that are barred from being given to equally disadvantaged white people, I'm not down with that. Plenty of white people have been "victims of the drug war" although to my mind if you knew something was illegal and you did it anyway you can hardly call yourself a "victim" no matter what color you are.

Some crooked politician will pocket the money just like they do in every Democratic run shithole in the country.Then they will blame it all on whitey, wash , rinse, repeat.

Bloomberg says we need to disarm minorities to keep them alive.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/...Ka9i6Bn0gko_dp8jbLDAT9ieuLpPbl9AD4aJSvXepRDZY

Michael Bloomberg suggests disarming minorities to 'keep them alive'

Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg reportedly argued Friday that guns need to be kept out of the hands of minorities in order to keep them alive.

While speaking at the Aspen Institute, Mr. Bloomberg, 72, said 95 percent of murders fall into a specific category: a male minority between the ages of 15 and 25, The Aspen Times reported.

Cities need to get guns out of this group’s hands and keep them alive, the former three-term mayor said, according to The Times.

“These kids think they’re going to get killed anyway because all their friends are getting killed,” said Mr. Bloomberg, who funds the gun-control advocacy group Everytown for Gun Safety. “They just don’t have any long-term focus or anything. It’s a joke to have a gun. It’s a joke to pull a trigger.”

Mr. Bloomberg brought up the New York Police Department’s stop-and-frisk practices, recalling a time during his last year in office when a Baptist minster in Harlem invited him to speak at their church, The Times reported.

“While I’m sitting there waiting for him to introduce me, he said to his congregation, ‘You know, if every one of you stopped and frisked your kid before they went out at night, the mayor wouldn’t have to do it,’” Mr. Bloomberg said. “And so I knew I was going to be OK with that audience.”

The former mayor spoke to a sold-out crowd Friday about a variety of topics, including poverty, education and marijuana legalization.

Mr. Bloomberg argued that Colorado’s legalization of recreational marijuana use was a terrible idea and is hurting children, The Times reported.

“What are we going to say in 10 years when we see all these kids whose IQs are 5 and 10 points lower than they would have been?” he asked. “I couldn’t feel more strongly about it, and my girlfriend says it’s no different than alcohol. It is different than alcohol. This is one of the stupider things that’s happening across our country.”

The New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, the state’s largest gun rights group, compared Mr. Bloomberg’s comments to those uttered by white supremacists and demanded the former mayor apologize.

“Mayor Bloomberg’s statement that black males should not be allowed to have guns echos similar sentiments made by southern white supremacists in the 19th century,” Tom King, the association’s president, said in a statement. “So called ‘Black Codes’ were enacted by various southern states to discriminate against black Americans and maintain the system of white supremacy that made slavery possible. These included restrictions on firearms possession.

“If a politician said this about anything other than guns, the mainstream media would be all over them,” Mr. King argued. “Michael Bloomberg isn’t just any politician, he is the leading voice for gun control in America. He should be held accountable for this slander.”

Well, Bloomberg just lost the black vote.

Bloomberg says we need to disarm minorities to keep them alive.

Take away guns, what you got next, knives?

The murder suspect walked into the courtroom Friday wearing black sweatpants, Air Jordan sneakers and a navy hoodie.

“I’m 13,” he said.

Majors, a first-year college student from Virginia who was interested in journalism and played in a rock band, was walking through Morningside Park in upper Manhattan on Wednesday night when three teenagers tried to rob her, police said.

The deadly stabbing of an 18-year-old Barnard College student, Tessa Majors, as she walked in a park near the school’s Manhattan campus has jarred New York City, recalling an era decades ago when violent street crime was far more common.

But also shocking have been revelations about ages of two of the suspects: They are 13 and 14 years old.

In court Friday, a detective laid out a chilling account of the struggle that ended with Majors’ death.

One of her assailants pulled a knife and stabbed her several times. As the group fled, Majors staggered up a flight of stairs, out of the park and onto the street, where a campus security guard found her.

A folding knife with a blade roughly 4 inches long was found nearby and was being tested for DNA and fingerprints, a law enforcement official said.

“They followed a man with the intention of robbing him and decided not to,” Signoretti said.

The trio later spotted Majors in the park, he said. The boy told Signoretti that he watched his two friends grab the student, put her into a chokehold and remove items from her pockets, the officer testified.

Then, shortly before 7 p.m., the boy watched as his friend slashed the young woman with a knife and feathers from the stuffing of her coat came flying out, the detective testified.

tessa-majors-family-statement-ftr.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/news/im-13-killing-park-yields-150735262.html

Inanimate objects are not the problem, despite the cries from those looking for an easy scapegoat.

Question is, how does a 13 or 14 year old become so callous to do such a heinous thing?

So Deblasio tells his kids to be careful of white cops. Does he also tell them to be careful of black teens?

That was just horrible what happened to that college girl in New York. Just heartbreaking. They say the crime wave in that part of the city is really bad right now.

What a trajedy. Kind of story that makes people angry and changes policy.

Inanimate objects are not the problem, despite the cries from those looking for an easy scapegoat.

Question is, how does a 13 or 14 year old become so callous to do such a heinous thing?

The lack of fathers in much of the black community for 50 years since Johnson's "Great Society". Take the father out of the family as head of the household and the family collapses, this makes a large block of government dependent people and the Left wants dependent people as a voting block. Young men need the direction of a father because as soon as they hit puberty mothers can't control them anymore. With out it the become anti-social and feral.

The lack of fathers in much of the black community for 50 years since Johnson's "Great Society". Take the father out of the family as head of the household and the family collapses, this makes a large block of government dependent people and the Left wants dependent people as a voting block. Young men need the direction of a father because as soon as they hit puberty mothers can't control them anymore. With out it the become anti-social and feral.

Government is really a replacement for fathers, right?

so what about the black people who didn't break the law, cause the fees for policing to rise and didnt contribute to skewed statistics? **** them, i guess.

so what about the black people who didn't break the law, cause the fees for policing to rise and didnt contribute to skewed statistics? **** them, i guess.

Or white people who smoke weed. Why should they be discriminated against?

So Deblasio tells his kids to be careful of white cops. Does he also tell them to be careful of black teens?

Sound like an animal control problem when you have packs of ferals running wild in the streets

Capture and castration?

oh here's a good one

Army, Navy officials investigate possible 'white power' gestures by students

Officials at the Army and Navy academies are investigating whether hand signs flashed by students standing behind a reporter during a TV interview were intended to convey a message of white supremacy

920x920.jpg

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Army-Navy-officials-investigate-possible-white-14908168.php

-----------------------------

What’s next? Someone straightens his hat, that will be said to be a “White Power” sign?

Fake racist much?

White power!

103541678-GettyImages-465073031.jpg

a27j.jpg

Last edited:
I thought that meant all is-ok or AOK. I'm horribly behind the times. :)

Or a closet white supremacist racist. One of the two. I'm not making a judgment here, just observing that the obvious racial overtones of the OK sign. I mean, don't we see the OK sign in every KKK rally?