• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rebellious Students

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
This article tells the sad story of a failed social justice program that needs reversed fast, even though it may be too late.

Obama Tried to Make Nice With Rebellious Students. It Backfired Miserably.
http://dailysignal.com/2017/03/29/o...qS2d4a2xSOVBlRytFQm16aFQxUHRJUm5cL2VwVDh0In0=

Nationally, black junior high and high school students are suspended at a rate more than three times as often as their white peers, twice as often as their Latino peers, and more than 10 times as often as their Asian peers.

According to former Department of Education Secretary Arne Duncan, the “huge disparity is not caused by differences in children; it’s caused by differences in training, professional development, and discipline policies. It is adult behavior that needs to change.”

In other words, the Education Department sees no difference between the behavior of black students and white, Latino, and Asian students. It’s just that black students are singled out for discriminatory discipline.

Driven by Obama administration pressures, school districts revised their discipline procedures by cutting the number of black student suspensions.

The new discipline imposed on public schools is called restorative justice. Rather than punish a student through exclusion (suspension), restorative justice encourages the student who has misbehaved to reflect on his behavior, take responsibility, and resolve to behave better in the future.

The results of this new policy are increased violence, drug use, and gang activity.

One Denver teacher told Chalkbeat that, under the new discipline policy, students had threatened to harm or kill teachers, “with no meaningful consequences.” … After Oklahoma City Public Schools revised its discipline policies in response to federal pressure, one teacher told the Oklahoman that “[w]e were told that referrals would not require suspension unless there was blood.”

Since most of the school violence and discipline problems rest with black students, there are a few questions that black parents, politicians, academics, and civil rights advocates should ponder.

Is academic achievement among blacks so high that black people can afford to allow miscreants and thugs to sabotage the education process?

For those pushing the Obama administration’s harebrained restorative justice policy, can blacks afford for anything to interfere with the acquisition of academic excellence?

Finally, how does the Obama restorative justice policy differ from a Ku Klux Klan policy that would seek to sabotage black education by making it impossible for schools to rid themselves of students who make education impossible for everyone else?

201835.jpg
201834.jpg

oops..missed one....

tiOfU4O.jpg

Last edited:
This kind of bone headed thinking was part of my reasoning for leaving the profession after 18 years. It's stupidville. If you speak up, you're just racist.

I started seeing this creep in to our district around 2009 or so. Our liberal, PC district was all to happy to jump on board the no accountability train. These little pukes disrupt the classes and face no consequences. My daughter says that there are fights in the halls every single day. I wish we would've moved years ago and said **** the diversity. The only schools doing well in this damn state are not located in Democrat strongholds.

You apes need to pack your bags and buy a ticket ... right now

Students Confess Their Sins At 'Masculinity Confession Booth'

A university will be hosting a "Masculinity Confession Booth" along with a number of other workshops and screenings to combat "hypermasculinity."

"We have all reinforced hypermasculinity one way or another regardless of our gender!!" explains the University of Regina event description. "Come and share your sins so we can begin to discuss how to identify and change our ways !!!"

The Masculinity Confession Booth will be making its debut Monday, but is also listed on the schedule for Tuesday through Thursday - days on which students can also attend a "Healthy Relationships and Healthy Masculinity Workshop." Yet another event will seek to redefine the phrase, "man up."

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/27/students-share-their-sins-at-masculinity-confession-booth/

Gadsden_Flag_Space_Cadets.jpg

You apes need to pack your bags and buy a ticket ... right now

Students Confess Their Sins At 'Masculinity Confession Booth'

Gadsden_Flag_Space_Cadets.jpg

Those snowflake beta cucks are going to get their ***** handed to them in the real world.

What a huge missed opportunity by Obama. He could have stressed the importance of intact families and responsible parenting in the black community. If he is nothing else he is a wonderful example of that. Instead he pushed forth the victimhood narrative which will only serve to keep people trapped where they are or worse.

Of course I realize that some people will interpret that as racist. But the bottom line is, it all starts with parenting. No one can really deny that.

When did masculinity become a dirty word? I thought that is what males where supposed to act like.

This kind of bone headed thinking was part of my reasoning for leaving the profession after 18 years. It's stupidville. If you speak up, you're just racist.

It's pretty much in all facades of society now. Sadly. You cannot speak up at all without being labeled something. I kinda have hope for the youth. My brother(senior in hs) and one of my co-workers(24 years old) and their "associates" have all developed an anti-PC outlook. Makes for good discussions through out the day

What worries me is the same thing Trump is going through in Washington, the rest of us will endure locally. The Libs are entrenched and relentless in their idiolgy and no laws, common sense or plain facts will sway their direction. Once these practices were put into place, no way will they let them revert back without a knockdown drag out fight.

9bbd921f0ab03dae19e61857c4511296.jpg

Those snowflake beta cucks are going to get their ***** handed to them in the real world.

Their mommy and daddies are paying to ensure they never see the real world

Reactions: MTC
What a huge missed opportunity by Obama. He could have stressed the importance of intact families and responsible parenting in the black community. If he is nothing else he is a wonderful example of that. Instead he pushed forth the victimhood narrative which will only serve to keep people trapped where they are or worse.

Of course I realize that some people will interpret that as racist. But the bottom line is, it all starts with parenting. No one can really deny that.

It is racist to expect black kids to behave like white kids.

He couldn't. He was raised mostly by a white mother and white grandparents. He had opportunities that most people, white or black, can only dream of. He is the 1%. If he wasn't half black, the black community never would have voted for him.

I read an article about a Jr. at AZ State College who is an undocumented illegal who has been given the opportunity to use one of Obama's executive order programs to renew her quasi legal status every 2 years for some time. Thus she has been her since she was 6 years old with her family. They have worked jobs in the country, paid taxes in Arizona, and she was even a varsity cheerleader at her High School.

Now as a college junior she has posted on facebook her tax returns showing that she's paid $300 to the state of Arizona this year. (About right as a college student). She pointed out that as an undocumented immigrant (what she calls an "empowered immigrant") under Obama's program she cannot receive loans, medical insurance, or other benefits. She does not "leech of society" but in fact contributes.

I think that's great. My question is this.

She's been here since she was 6. Obviously she has learned US and Arizona history. This girl could easily apply for and pass her citizenship test. So why is there not an expedited process for people who are here and WANT to become citizens?
We don't need to send her back and put her in line if she can pass the test. Let her take it, become a citizen and boom - we're good. If she can't pass, that's a different story. If she doesn't want to become a citizen, different story.

I read an article about a Jr. at AZ State College who is an undocumented illegal who has been given the opportunity to use one of Obama's executive order programs to renew her quasi legal status every 2 years for some time. Thus she has been her since she was 6 years old with her family. They have worked jobs in the country, paid taxes in Arizona, and she was even a varsity cheerleader at her High School.

Now as a college junior she has posted on facebook her tax returns showing that she's paid $300 to the state of Arizona this year. (About right as a college student). She pointed out that as an undocumented immigrant (what she calls an "empowered immigrant") under Obama's program she cannot receive loans, medical insurance, or other benefits. She does not "leech of society" but in fact contributes.

She's been here since she was 6. Obviously she has learned US and Arizona history. This girl could easily apply for and pass her citizenship test. So why is there not an expedited process for people who are here and WANT to become citizens?
We don't need to send her back and put her in line if she can pass the test. Let her take it, become a citizen and boom - we're good. If she can't pass, that's a different story. If she doesn't want to become a citizen, different story.

Because she has not paid enough bribes and filled out paperwork and had it lost and misfiled and denied while actually being approved and then told it took too long start over. The system is broken. It is way to hard to go through for those that want to do things legally and at the same time it is not stringent enough. We really do need to burn the whole thing down and start over. But that does not mean letting everyone in and legalizing all of those hear.

I'm of two minds on that wig.

First, people seem to forget that if you are breaking the law, doing it for an extended period of time (Years), does not absolve the seriousness of the crime.

Second, While it is unfortunate that some very productive potential citizens may be operating under a cloud of uncertainty and potential hazards...they still are in this Country without permission no matter how they came about this malady. While we may feel bad about their circumstances and our desire to be benevolent may be overwhelming, the needs of our citizens come before the needs of the citizens of another Country.

And no...I do not subscribe to the whole anchor baby myth. It is not in any part of the 14th amendment that I can find.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...y-deportation-defense/?utm_term=.d4688f4a6d09

5CdDg0Y.jpg

i read an article about a jr. At az state college who is an undocumented illegal who has been given the opportunity to use one of obama's executive order programs to renew her quasi legal status every 2 years for some time. Thus she has been her since she was 6 years old with her family. They have worked jobs in the country, paid taxes in arizona, and she was even a varsity cheerleader at her high school.

Now as a college junior she has posted on facebook her tax returns showing that she's paid $300 to the state of arizona this year. (about right as a college student). She pointed out that as an undocumented immigrant (what she calls an "empowered immigrant") under obama's program she cannot receive loans, medical insurance, or other benefits. She does not "leech of society" but in fact contributes.

She's been here since she was 6. Obviously she has learned us and arizona history. This girl could easily apply for and pass her citizenship test. So why is there not an expedited process for people who are here and want to become citizens?

racist!!!!

Wig, you have a point. While I favor a strong border, I also favor reformed immigration processes. Living for so long in So Cal, I knew many illegals, most of whom would be great citizens.

I have no problem with folks wanting to come here. I have a problem with their first move being agianst the law. Bad place to start.

I blame their teachers too

Drexel University Professor Calls for Death of White Americans

Drexel University Professor George Ciccariello-Maher has recently come under fire for tweets and comments promoting violence and fatality towards white people.

“All I Want For Christmas is White Genocide.” The professor later deleted the tweet, claiming it to be a joke, but a plethora of Americans were not amused.

Following the backlash, Ciccariello-Maher stated that “white is not a race.”

http://investmentwatchblog.com/drexel-university-professor-calls-for-death-of-white-americans/

Uhhh, okay, sure.

She has been in public education for 12 years - at a cost of approximately $8,000 per year. That is $96,000 right there.

She and her family have NOT paid 96 ******* thousand dollars in taxes over the past 12 years. She has COST Arizona money. And I am not counting publically-financed medical care, Section 8 housing, food stamps and on and on.

California is ******* bankrupt due to financing illegals for the past 30 years. Anybody who thinks otherwise is simply not being realistic.

Reactions: MTC

I'm a realist and believe it would be far less costly to provide the people who are here (once we completely secure the borders of course) with a path to legalization. No, I don't say citizenship. I don't think you should get to break the laws and get citizenship over people who obeyed them. I know in her case she was a child and it wasn't her fault, but if you reward lawbreaking you create incentives for lawbreaking.

But if she wants to get legal residency status so that she can get a driver's license and insurance and pay taxes and all of that stuff, than there should be a way for her to do that in my opinion.