• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Religion of Peace update... video of execution leaked

This was a judicial execution, as long as there was a proper investigation to insure that the individual was guilty and due process there is no problem with this. According to the background info this woman was a child murderer and deserved what she got. In fact the only differences with this and an execution here are the method and the venue. Personally I think executions here should be carried out in the public square. The only heartburn I have with the Saudis is that they execute people for their sexuality, sorcery and apostasy.

This was a judicial execution, as long as there was a proper investigation to insure that the individual was guilty and due process there is no problem with this. According to the background info this woman was a child murderer and deserved what she got. In fact the only differences with this and an execution here are the method and the venue. Personally I think executions here should be carried out in the public square. The only heartburn I have with the Saudis is that they execute people for their sexuality, sorcery and apostasy.

I see no problem with paying for your crime as well, but the point here is a barbaric mentality influenced by a vile religion.
I found it a little funny that initially you stated how you see no problem with this then proceed to state the problems with it.

She had supposedly raped the girl as well....and the outrage in all of this is that the woman would have received the same fate if SHE was the one raped...perhaps by a good old fashioned stoning though.
Hows that for Saudi "due process"?

If you were a liberal I doubt you would support public executions in the US though.

when I said "I see no problem with this" I was speaking about this particular execution of a child murderer. I am a liberal in the classical sense in that I believe that individuals should be able to do as they please so long as they do not harm anyone else in their pursuits or try and force someone else to pay their way. I have no problem with someone getting the retribution they have earned and being punished to the maximum penalty for the evil they have done.

Where is there evidence that this was investigated and tried, with due process? It was Sharia at play.

Links please. Not doubting, just looking for evidence.

Where is there evidence that this was investigated and tried, with due process? It was Sharia at play.

I think it went down like this:

No this was a sentence handed down by the Saudi Criminal courts. Saudi Arabia has a judicial system with automatic appeals and judicial reviews just like ours. Do a google search if you want links to the information.

If she did what she did then i am all for it. I however am very suspect of any country that has sharia law.

No this was a sentence handed down by the Saudi Criminal courts.

OK, I missed the part in the article stating the ruling was handed down by their judicial system.

However, upon further review, their judicial system is not "just like ours" as you would indicate. It is Sharia Law based. While they have reviews and appeals, the fact that it is based on Sharia/Islamic Law makes it very different than our system.

OK, I missed the part in the article stating the ruling was handed down by their judicial system.

However, upon further review, their judicial system is not "just like ours" as you would indicate. It is Sharia Law based. While they have reviews and appeals, the fact that it is based on Sharia/Islamic Law makes it very different than our system.

Yep.

And ours is based on English Common law for the most part. Different cultures base their laws on different things. I was saying that they have an automatic appeal process and reviews just like there are in the US. But no they are not precisely the same as us. What I am saying is that if we are going to be outraged over the Saudis executing someone lets get outraged about them executing a woman for being a witch because she did horoscopes, not because they off a child murderer.