• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Religious Freedom Restoration Act

I made that one up...makes sense though

but it's all over now, Indiana is punting

Indiana Republicans to amend 'religious freedom' law in face of backlash

State legislators say law is not anti-gay and blame the reaction on a ‘mischaracterisation’. ‘What we had hoped for was a message of inclusion’.

Indiana’s Republican legislative leaders said on Monday they were working on adding language to the state’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) to make it clear that it does not allow discrimination against gays and lesbians.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...licans-revisit-language-religious-freedom-law

Whether the lgbt community "did" anything to anyone is irrelevant in this debate, imo. The government should not be the arbiter of what rises to the level of being offensive or a religious affront.

You should be arrested for using that ******* green color...

how bout this one

Jewish bakers forced to make Nazi cake

karin%2BD%2B.%2Blw%2B.%2Bswastika.jpg

If I were a Jewish bakery my answer would be thus: "So, you want a red cake with a swastika on top...correct? No problem, that'll be $10,000...Tomorrow morning good?

Would a business be allowed to deny service to all Catholics, since church offerings funded the creation of pedophile priests?

This whole thing proves that politicians have absolutely no principals or integrity. Once the protest and boycotts begin, they start reversing course on what they voted should be the law.

This whole thing proves that politicians have absolutely no principals or integrity. Once the protest and boycotts begin, they start reversing course on what they voted should be the law.

They are simply clarifying it so dummies or people with agendas can't keep claiming it means what it was never intended to mean.

I have to agree with those that are willing to let business owners choose their own fate. A PRIVATE business should be allowed to be as racist/stupid/discriminatory as they want. If they can make a living while pissing people off who will not support them, go ahead.

If you figure you need 20% of the population to support your en devour, and believe that you can do it by turning away a group of prospective customers. You should be allowed to do it. When/if it does not work out, they have only themselves to blame.

Maybe we could have public restrooms and water fountains for each religion or would it be easier if it was just by sexual orientation?

Then maybe we can divide up the national parks and public beaches. Do you think its possible to segregate the air we all breathe?

It would be a shame if a bigot would have to breathe the same air that a gay or person of a hated other classification had already breathed.

Maybe we could have public restrooms and water fountains for each religion or would it be easier if it was just by sexual orientation?

Then maybe we can divide up the national parks and public beaches. Do you think its possible to segregate the air we all breathe?

It would be a shame if a bigot would have to breathe the same air that a gay or person of a hated other classification had already breathed.

Drama queen much?

If you don't like the seller don't buy there goods. Period.

That's not what the law is about but the Libs found something to latch onto this week. The law was created to protect religion from the state but as usual the Libs are worried about protecting the state from religion.

Would a business be allowed to deny service to all Catholics, since church offerings funded the creation of pedophile priests?

Winner....of the most inane post on this thread.

Don't even think Elfie could top that.

Whether the lgbt community "did" anything to anyone is irrelevant in this debate, imo. The government should not be the arbiter of what rises to the level of being offensive or a religious affront.

But a Jewish baker or a black T-shirt shop owner is not discriminating against anyone's religious beliefs, race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation. That is where the irrelevance lies.

how bout this one

Jewish bakers forced to make Nazi cake

karin%2BD%2B.%2Blw%2B.%2Bswastika.jpg

I'm not paying for this! I ordered a Swastika cake! This Swastika is backwards!

I don't see how discrimination based on sexual preference is any different than discrimination based on race. Those are beliefs, and what is religion? So a white supremacist business owner would be allowed to hang a "No Coloreds" sign.

I suspect many people in favor of this law would struggle with that.

If I were black I'd be highly insulted by white liberals comparing the "discrimination" faced by gays to the struggles blacks have had to endure decades ago. Not even close. Perverts aren't a race of people to begin with.

If I were black I'd be highly insulted by white liberals comparing the "discrimination" faced by gays to the struggles blacks have had to endure decades ago. Not even close. Perverts aren't a race of people to begin with.

You're pretty dense. And if you were a Jew that endured the holocaust? Simmer down, blacks!

The law and my point was about beliefs, not comparing whose been discriminated against more or endured more injustice.

The way the left is making this sound is ridiculous. It's like they think that any time a gay person enters a place of business that the owner will ask to see a "Gay ID" to prove his homosexuality.

You're pretty dense. And if you were a Jew that endured the holocaust? Simmer down, blacks!

The law and my point was about beliefs, not comparing whose been discriminated against more or endured more injustice.

I'm dense? You have no clue to what I said do you?

I'm not paying for this! I ordered a Swastika cake! This Swastika is backwards!

You are just looking at it from the back side of the internet.

I would be totally OK with that. I don't care if it said No Niggers allowed. Because it wouldn't be in business long. People like that are not the majority anymore this isn't 1960 Alabama. I would not take my family to a place like that and spend my money there. But I believe businesses should have the right to refuse service to anyone.

A single store store placing that sort of sign would turn that place back to 1960 Alabama...as a matter of fact, Obama and Holder have already put America back to 1960 Alabama.