• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report: Steelers Give Steven Nelson Permission To Seek Trade

Same cap hit and cap relief if he's traded or if he's cut. Only real difference is the Steelers give away something of great value (starter level CB) for no return if he's cut.
If I'm Colbert, I let it be known that if he can't find a trade partner, the Steelers are more than willing to have him play out the last year of his contract. No freebies!
Well, **** .... Stupid move to just let him walk for nothing. These teams need to start getting some of that signing bonus money back before they let these players just force themselves off the team. Like: "OK, we'll trade you if you find a partner. If not, and you want to be released, it's going to cost you some of that signing bonus money. Your signing bonus was based upon X amount of years and you are not fulfilling that."

Breaking News!

The Steelers give Nelson permission to seek a trade... 18 minutes before cutting him.

News at 11:00

Breaking News!

The Steelers give Nelson permission to seek a trade... 18 minutes before cutting him.

News at 11:00
They didn't plan to cut him, whine *** caused them to knee jerk reaction off his ***** made request for a release.

They didn't plan to cut him, whine *** caused them to knee jerk reaction off his ***** made request for a release.
https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...teven-nelson-didnt-ask-steelers-to-trade-him/

Apparently Nelson never asked for permission to seek a trade or to be released. This was all the Steelers front office. They made a choice between keeping Haden or Nelson and chose Haden after they resigned Sutton. They then told Nelson he could seek a trade or be released. So, I guess that makes sense of some of Nelson's tweets. And if things went down like this, I owe the man an apology. I'd be frustrated in his position too. And if you say you're going to release me, release me so I can get a job somewhere else. Don't hold onto me until the market totally dries up.

https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...teven-nelson-didnt-ask-steelers-to-trade-him/

Apparently Nelson never asked for permission to seek a trade or to be released. This was all the Steelers front office. They made a choice between keeping Haden or Nelson and chose Haden after they resigned Sutton. They then told Nelson he could seek a trade or be released. So, I guess that makes sense of some of Nelson's tweets. And if things went down like this, I owe the man an apology. I'd be frustrated in his position too. And if you say you're going to release me, release me so I can get a job somewhere else. Don't hold onto me until the market totally dries up.
No they were trying to get a pick out of it and he whined like a *****. The man was well payed by the Steelers he could have been a little more patient. Even if the Steelers didn't want him for whatever reason at that salary sobeit, at least let them have time to get some value. Trust me the Steelers wouldn't have sat on him much longer.

I would have sat on Nelson through the Draft. Use him as draft day movement if you don't get your CB. There were options.

I am bent when the Steelers let talented players go for nothing. Blunt, Nelson, Bell...

I would have sat on Nelson through the Draft. Use him as draft day movement if you don't get your CB. There were options.

I am bent when the Steelers let talented players go for nothing. Blunt, Nelson, Bell...

Don't forget the MOST famous one......................................

Salute the nation

If you're thinking of AB, he was traded for a 3rd (DJ) and a 5th (Zach Gentry).

Memory fades as we ................................... )fill in the blank) I just was thinking that clown took 22Mil and boogied and I forgot the trade part to oakland.

Salute the nation