• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report: Steelers Set To Meet With Big Name Quarterback Russell Wilson

It might be true. It might not be. Most coaches want their own QB. but to drop RW and a bijillion $$ is kinda weird right?
Not when you consider they are in for another 37 mill. in 2025. They want to rebuild with a young QB. We could get 1 to 4 years out of him if this pans out.

Maybe. But how much? As another poster is pointing out...if it gets you to 10-7 or so and a first round exit, so what? And what about all the drama that may come along with him? I just don't see how it advances anything. I'd rather see if Pickett can do better under Arthur Smith, or Rudolph, all day than watch Russell Wilson.
Will there be drama? I think dude wants to clean up his act and show he is still relevant...I mean he could have walked away and retired with a ton of cash at this point. He wants to prove something. Let's hope he does.

I hear what you're saying and I agree to a point. But Rooney is taking more heat than he is used to; the natives are more restless than usual. He's used to the fans "just trusting" the front office and going along with whatever their narrative is. But with the Internet/social media, etc., fans are better educated and better represented than previously.

So Art's same ole, same ole narrative of blaming scapegoats, etc. ain't working like it used to. He tried, he tried. He floated the ole "trial balloon" out about "still believing" in Kenny as QB 1 with the caveat of having "QB competition." He floated it, and it failed to fly. It was FAIL, so the team had to pivot and pivot they did to Wilson who came in at a screaming deal - Rooneys favorite kind of deal. And, I'm really thinking Kenny's starting QB spot is in real danger, not just "pretend" jeopardy as it was before.
wow you have some imagination... impressive.

Payton wants his own QB for reasons I stated in another post. If they don't dump him now they are in the hole for another 37 million come 2025.
He may want his own QB because by all past accounts from Russ’ teammates is that Russ is a gigantic douche nozzle

More than 1 possible reason, jus sayin’

You're getting him on a one year deal @ vet minimum. It's a good signing and Wilson gets to screw over Denver and Payton. Sean Python is a giant douche canoe. Remember Bounty Gate. They sat Wilson down the last 2-3 games because he had a 30 million dollar injury settlement if he got hurt. He might not be what he once was and maybe a bit of an ******* but he was still an effective QB. Look, I am glad Ben Roethlisbeger was my first ballot hall of fame QB, however you might not have found a bigger asshat at QB in the NFL.

I would love to see Kenny light it up. Just to make you cry.
What a bizarre motivation. Your world would be most-in love by Kenny "lighting it up" not because it would improve the Steelers, but because that occurrence would "make me cry?" So your season expectations are mostly-hinged to what events would "make me cry" as opposed to what would make the team most-improved and successful? What a bizarre way to go through life, but whatever floats your boat.

For the record, if Kenny proved successful, I would not "cry." Contrary to your assertion, I would applaud his success as his improvement would lead directly to my favorite team's future being brighter. My happiness is not tied into players of my favorite team failing. Quite the contrary. All that being said, I do not believe Kenny has the talent, maturity or mental capacity to succeed at the NFL level. I'd prefer to not be right about that, but you can't win them all. Not every draft pick, not even 1st rounders, work out. I believe Kenny was overdrafted because of Rooney still smarting from the failed non-drafting of Danny Marino in 1983, who also hailed from PITT. He errored.

But, as you say, you will be most-excited about Kenny "lighting it up" because it will "make me cry" is your motivation, then so be it. I will be most-happy if this team succeeds, regardless of who is crying, except perhaps fans of other teams in the AFC North.

Maybe Wilson can win games and be a bigger asshat than Ben and everyone will be happy

Why are comments disappearing
Yes, Ben was a mega asshat and everyone overlooked it because he produced. We have the same situation here with Wilson in that once the season starts and he's productive that will all be forgotten.

Most sacked QB in the NFL when he was at Seattle and Denver. I see Fields overtaking him by mid season and I don't even think he's the longterm answer.

The Tomlin era can't end soon enough. Bandaid after bandaid to get to 9 wins.

You're getting him on a one year deal @ vet minimum. It's a good signing and Wilson gets to screw over Denver and Payton. Sean Python is a giant douche canoe. Remember Bounty Gate. They sat Wilson down the last 2-3 games because he had a 30 million dollar injury settlement if he got hurt. He might not be what he once was and maybe a bit of an ******* but he was still an effective QB. Look, I am glad Ben Roethlisbeger was my first ballot hall of fame QB, however you might not have found a bigger asshat at QB in the NFL.
1. Ben was our asshat.
2. Ben cleaned up his asshat image.....did he not?
3. Wilson is NOW OUR ASSHAT.
4. HIS ASSHATERAGE HAS ONLY GROWN AS HIS EGO HAS OVER THE YEARS.
5. Apparently he will be our starter going into 2024. Go Russ.

Most sacked QB in the NFL when he was at Seattle and Denver. I see Fields overtaking him by mid season and I don't even think he's the longterm answer.

The Tomlin era can't end soon enough. Bandaid after bandaid to get to 9 wins.
Can you say.......never had a losing season....EVER!!!!!

Yes, Ben was a mega asshat and everyone overlooked it because he produced. We have the same situation here with Wilson in that once the season starts and he's productive that will all be forgotten.
Or if his asshat **** is bad.....Tomlin and the Rooney's will simply keep it under wraps until he falters....then expose it just so they can save face. Have we ever seen that before?🤔

Seems he would have fit well into the great Canada offense.

Can you say.......never had a losing season....EVER!!!!!

Sad that some Steeler fans hang their hat now on winning more games than they lose. It's absolutely tragic what that POS has done this once mightly franchise.

Sad that some Steeler fans hang their hat now on winning more games than they lose. It's absolutely tragic what that POS has done this once mightly franchise.
Name ONE HC that has done better than Tomlin as far as non-losing seasonings? From the start of their career until the present? Tomlin is the ....GOAT of non-losing seasons!!!!!!! Stop being a hater. He brought us Wilson. Fields. Queen. A new Punter. A few WRs. A RB who is a KO return GOD. A DE/DT. Now in less than a month he will bring in the bestest drafted players at his disposal. End result you ask? Probably another non-losing season!!!!!! Seriously....what more can you ask for when every season Tomlin has us in the thick of it all. From perhaps a early playoff loss to perhaps......another SB ring. Tomlin is there leading the way. He doesn't live in his fears. NEVER HAS!!!! SB bound here we come. Fingers crossed!!

Tomlin=G.O.A.T.

/of none losing seasons!!!!!

Yet, somehow Russ had 20 more passing touchdowns then Kenny did.
Yep. All of his stats were better that Picketts I would imagine. I am just speculating here...but I would assume Wilson had a bit more freedom to do what he wanted to do.

Name ONE HC that has done better than Tomlin as far as non-losing seasonings? From the start of their career until the present? Tomlin is the ....GOAT of non-losing seasons!!!!!!! Stop being a hater. He brought us Wilson. Fields. Queen. A new Punter. A few WRs. A RB who is a KO return GOD. A DE/DT. Now in less than a month he will bring in the bestest drafted players at his disposal. End result you ask? Probably another non-losing season!!!!!! Seriously....what more can you ask for when every season Tomlin has us in the thick of it all. From perhaps a early playoff loss to perhaps......another SB ring. Tomlin is there leading the way. He doesn't live in his fears. NEVER HAS!!!! SB bound here we come. Fingers crossed!!

Tomlin=G.O.A.T.

/of none losing seasons!!!!!
Even you know he sucks. You just can't admit it so you roll out the sarcasm.

Last edited:
Yep. All of his stats were better that Picketts I would imagine. I am just speculating here...but I would assume Wilson had a bit more freedom to do what he wanted to do.
You don't have to imagine it. They were better...much, much better.

And Russ's stats weren't just better than Kenny's. Despite the historically low numbers as far as pass distance you pointed out there, Wilson still had the ninth-most touchdown passes in the NFL, and he finished third in TD%. So, unlike Kenny, the nature of Russell's short passing game had no correlation to his scoring production.

And Russ's stats weren't just better than Kenny's. Despite the historically low numbers as far as pass distance you pointed out there, Wilson still had the ninth-most touchdown passes in the NFL, and he finished third in TD%. So, unlike Kenny, the nature of Russell's short passing game had no correlation to his scoring production.
Wilson is a better QB.....hopefully that translates into more wins. Perhaps a playoff win or two....or four. I won't hold my breathe. In the end Tomlin has shown he likes to keep his fingers in everything. Maybe this year will be different.

In the end....if Wilson gets us 9 wins.......STEELERNATION will be all smiles. Get to work Tomlin. Nine wins bound!!!!!!!!!

Didn't Mahomes have the lowest average yards per TD completion last year? Short or long passes, put the ball in the end zone.