• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report: Steelers Set To Meet With Big Name Quarterback Russell Wilson

Yep
That’s a given..

Although, I have a feeling Wilson will choose Vegas over Pittsburgh..
Probably be an easier pathway to start.

Yeah, no red flags here. That's more like a nuclear detonation as a warning.
Very true, yet I would still give it a shot for 1st year vet min. I could care less if they agree to 100 million a year for 10 years AFTER year one.

And he hasn't been officially cut yet, just informed he would be and that he could talk to teams. Not that I want Wilson...
I thought they had cut him already.

This team can’t even win a playoff game with Tomlin in over half a decade. Russel Wilson isn’t going to magically fix that.

But it sure would be fun to watch instead of watching pouty face Pickett attempt to look like an NFL QB.

At least we could see Ciarra once in a while at games.
If Smith is left to run the offense without meddling from Mikey and he gets Wilson, a big name FA WR and a FA corner like Sneed to stand opposite JPJ this team is a contender. That is IF Wilson can stay healthy. With the inconsistency of the O-line at times this is Wilson's wheelhouse. He still has great escapeability and can motor. At 35 he can move as good as Ben at 25. MAKE IT SO!

Last edited:
All I know os the past few years have been a mess. It's a meritocracy. Bring them in, interview them, work them out. Let them compete in training camp. I hope KP is best QB and wins the position. But it has to be the best QB

If that's Russell Wilson so be it. His numbers look good but numbers never tell the whole story and Lord knows I don't watch donkeys games
He's better than his numbers if he stays healthy...the intagibles if you will. The Bills re signed Mitch Trubisky to back up Allen....teams do stupid **** all the time, including the Broncos. The Broncos situation is more Payton not wanting Wilson, not Wilson's ability or his performance. If the Steelers get Wilson and again IF he can stay healthy they will have pulled a major coup. I have no faith in them doing it though with what I've seen from Art 2 and Mikey, but never say never.

Actually, I am sure you won’t get Rudolph for vet min.

I got a kick out of the Pat Mcfee show, where he said that there could be a bidding war and the Steelers would be smart to even pay him $5 million, if he wants to get paid more. That was the stupidest thing, of all the stupid things he said. Paying $5 mil for his services does NOTHING MORE than give DENVER financial relief, Wilson wouldn’t get a dime more than Denver owes him. Only way Wilson sees any more than what is owed, is if someone pony’s up more than $39 MILLION for his services in 2024. Sure he could see a contract with multiple years, THEN he gets more in 2025 and beyond.

What is truly amazing is that Wilson is on the all time dead money cost list, TWICE. Seattle and Denver were BOTH willing to eat money to get rid of him.
The last paragraph says it all
Dude is cancer

I’ve heard multiple different former teammates come out and say as much in interviews, his actions suggest his former teammates are likely correct

He makes Kenny seem palatable by comparison

I’d take the chance with young guy with warts that could be coached up and with some structure and competence in the offensive coaching might even become serviceable-above average over the known cancer that teams are willing to show many many millions just to leave

So to be clear that is your bar. Go to playoffs and be back here with an aging qb or maybe only one year deal. A guy I don't see how anyone can think can win another title.
LOL..I didn't finish that post.Multiple tabs open, anyway my thought is if you can keep him for a few years and he can play under Smith and Tomlin doesn't meddle you have a shot. Pickett is fools black and gold and Mason is what he is. We are undoubtedly going nowhere with them. Wilson gives you a chance to win it all. Get him a good FA WR. Get a corner like Sneed to work with JPJ.... and with Watt, Minkah, and the rest of the D. If they could at least make the second round or even the AFCCG that would restore faith and slow down any more erosion of the fan base. Tomlin is going nowhere....doesn't matter if he wins, doesn't win....it does not matter. The Rooney's painted themselves into a corner when they hired that clown with a thesaurus, but they can still win with a competent OC left to run things on his own and in spite of Tomlin. At least that's my wishful thinking. I said they would never win anything with Mikey at the helm, but I'm willing to eat a big serving of crow...anytime.

So to be clear that is your bar. Go to playoffs and be back here with an aging qb or maybe only one year deal. A guy I don't see how anyone can think can win another title.
Dude was on his way to 30+ TDs with that Bronc offense before they benched him.... he had 3000+ yards.Payton wanted him gone. It's not a question of his abilities.

I didn't say they would. Do you feel taller for being a bad a$$ on the internet? What are you up to now? 5 foot 6 or so?
Well.....I am hardly a bad *** on the internet. And quite a bit taller than 5’6”. Not that that would matter. You did say”they need to get him”. Like that would just magically happen. Ridiculous comments sometimes need to be addressed. Sorry you took it so personally. I get called out for some of my ridiculous comments too.
I’ll try to remember to treat you with kid gloves next time.

He's better than his numbers if he stays healthy...the intagibles if you will. The Bills re signed Mitch Trubisky to back up Allen....teams do stupid **** all the time, including the Broncos. The Broncos situation is more Payton not wanting Wilson, not Wilson's ability or his performance. If the Steelers get Wilson and again IF he can stay healthy they will have pulled a major coup. I have no faith in them doing it though with what I've seen from Art 2 and Mikey, but never say never.
I would ask why Payton did not want him

Dude was on his way to 30+ TDs with that Bronc offense before they benched him.... he had 3000+ yards.Payton wanted him gone. It's not a question of his abilities.
Yeah and numbers don't tell the whole story. If he was so good, why did they jettison him and eat a huge mega spoonful cap **** sandwich? Other than the price I find nothing appealing about this.

I'm not questioning his ability to get them a wildcard spot at all. .......but let's be real for a minute. You think Payton is adverse to winning? Like the guy is just a super leader everything is just tickety boo has good numbers and they are gonna eat 30 million in Cap next year? Really?

LOL..I didn't finish that post.Multiple tabs open, anyway my thought is if you can keep him for a few years and he can play under Smith and Tomlin doesn't meddle you have a shot. Pickett is fools black and gold and Mason is what he is. We are undoubtedly going nowhere with them. Wilson gives you a chance to win it all. Get him a good FA WR. Get a corner like Sneed to work with JPJ.... and with Watt, Minkah, and the rest of the D. If they could at least make the second round or even the AFCCG that would restore faith and slow down any more erosion of the fan base. Tomlin is going nowhere....doesn't matter if he wins, doesn't win....it does not matter. The Rooney's painted themselves into a corner when they hired that clown with a thesaurus, but they can still win with a competent OC left to run things on his own and in spite of Tomlin. At least that's my wishful thinking. I said they would never win anything with Mikey at the helm, but I'm willing to eat a big serving of crow...anytime.
Pickett has played 25 games as a Steelers QB. 1.5 with two guys who won't be OC's next year and the rest with a guy who never should have been one in the first place. Give him next year. Fail? Draft next year and get whoever you want as a bridge.

Yeah and numbers don't tell the whole story. If he was so good, why did they jettison him and eat a huge mega spoonful cap **** sandwich? Other than the price I find nothing appealing about this.
This is where I am at with it. If they sign him, I'm a fan. If not, I'll be happier.

Fully agree with the numbers don’t tell the story. Living out west and next door to Seattle I ve seen a ton of Russell Wilson games. He was clearly regressing in Seattle,and the fans were quite happy his time was done. Especially with what he got traded for. He definitely got on his teammates nerves. You think Kenny spins into the rush for sacks? Wait till you see Russ play. Knocked down passes.....tick,tick,tick.
He was at one time,a QB that could carry a team on his back. His deep ball was the best in the NFL. He had great receivers as well. Tyler Lockett,probably the most underrated WR during his time.
I’d say Russ got a little big for his britches with his success. All about his brand. Management over teammates. Players were sick of bible passages in the huddle. Fans got sick of it at press conferences. Nothing against a person with religious beliefs. But nobody likes it pushed on you. Maybe all this adversity in the last few years will humble him a bit.
Certainly didn’t humble his bank account.
Let’s face it......if it wasn’t for the fact that everyone thinks he would sign for cheap,cheap we wouldn’t be even entertaining him as our next 35 year old QB.

Let’s face it......if it wasn’t for the fact that everyone thinks he would sign for cheap,cheap we wouldn’t be even entertaining him as our next 35 year old QB.
CHEAP is the ONLY REASON to entertain signing him.

Is he a cancer, I don’t personally know, but the fact that 2 teams have now taken it in the arse to get rid of him, it does make a case for it.

Signing him as a longterm solution is not even really a legitimate consideration. The only reason is he is going to be practically free for 2024, any years in the contract after that are window dressing only.

If that Williamson guy is right who does the Scouting little blurb on Youtube, Wilson doesn't throw over the middle at all anymore and it is a staple of the Arthur Smith offense. I haven't paid any attention to Russell Wilson for a number of years so I do not know. But just from that 7 minutes I listened to, I'll puke if they sign him.

The last paragraph says it all
Dude is cancer

I’ve heard multiple different former teammates come out and say as much in interviews, his actions suggest his former teammates are likely correct

He makes Kenny seem palatable by comparison

I’d take the chance with young guy with warts that could be coached up and with some structure and competence in the offensive coaching might even become serviceable-above average over the known cancer that teams are willing to show many many millions just to leave
The problem with this is that MANY former teammates, and analysts, alike, have said the very same thing about Ben Roethlisberger. Not standing up for Wilson, but Ben has been absolutely torched his whole career (while playing, and post-career).

That’s the thing, many feel Wilson will be the answer…………… for how long? Wilson is done and out of football end this upcoming or possibly one more season. If we are hanging our hat on a guy like that, then Pickett must really stink and we are in QB hell (evidently not the kind of hell you release).

Salute the nation