• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rick Perry sworn in as Energy Secretary

Spike

Reaction score
He might lead it out the door!

Rick Perry on Thursday became the nation’s energy secretary, placing the former Texas governor atop a department he once wanted to eliminate entirely.

Mr. Perry, a two-time presidential candidate who spent 14 years as the Lone Star State’s chief executive, was confirmed by a Senate vote of 62-37, drawing the support of 11 Democrats and all Republicans in the chamber.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/2/rick-perry-confirmed-energy-secretary-senate/

The original mission of the DOE was to end our dependence on foreign oil. How'd that work out?

We better ask some Texans how they feel bout this

RP-slider.png

“It is an honor and privilege to serve as the Secretary of the Department of Energy. As Secretary, I will advocate and promote American energy in all forms. America has been blessed with vast natural resources and the technology to utilize them. I am committed to helping provide stable, reliable, affordable, and secure sources of American energy. An American first energy strategy is important to create jobs and grow the economy.

“I am also committed to maintaining a safe, secure and effective nuclear deterrent while reducing the threat of nuclear proliferation. We will also continue the important mission of carrying out the environmental clean-up from the Cold War nuclear mission,” said Secretary Perry.

“I have a long record of aggressively courting leading scientific minds to set forth innovation, solutions, and job creation strategies. Our scientists and labs are the envy of the world, and I am a major proponent of maintaining American leadership in the area of scientific inquiry.”

https://energy.gov/articles/perry-sworn-14th-secretary-united-states-department-energy

---------------------------------

Rick Perry Is Officially in Charge of America's Nuclear Weapons Stockpile

Rick Perry Is Officially in Charge of America's Strategic Petroleum Reserve

So tell us democRATS, what do you suppose Rick Perry will do wrong?

Perry looks like a fall guy if something goes wrong.