• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

RNC

I watched his acceptance speech and there's no doubt he toned it down. If he can somehow maintain an even keel but remain tough, I think he'd appeal to a lot more folks. Probably not 82+ million or whatever the number required to win this time, but maybe.

I watched his acceptance speech and there's no doubt he toned it down. If he can somehow maintain an even keel but remain tough, I think he'd appeal to a lot more folks. Probably not 82+ million or whatever the number required to win this time, but maybe.
Fell asleep on it...

First 30 minutes were very good and well done...and then snorefest!

Having his coat there, and having a moment of silence was pure class.

I agree Dj. What did you think of the walk over and kiss on the helmet? To be honest I thought that was totally cringe worthy. I thought a salUte would have been more appropriate.
It was, but he is awkward anyway. Not surprising.

I agree Dj. What did you think of the walk over and kiss on the helmet? To be honest I thought that was totally cringe worthy. I thought a salUte would have been more appropriate.
The really cringey part was Kid Rock.

Talk about a fish out of water.

I also didn't get the opera guy at the end. Great voice - way off the rails for momentum. He could have sung instead of 40 minutes of a house band.

Also, the curtain rising to DT standing in front of his name in lights - cringe.

The speech I liked the most was Eric Trump's. I wish they had used the apologies part of Eric Trump's speech for Donald, I think it would've had a huge impact on independents - this part starts at the 11:30 mark

Last edited:
It was like being in a Southern Baptist Church where it used to be buttoned up and we'd sing "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross" and now they've got a rock band on stage and you look around and the old people look lost and not even moving their lips.

I do wonder how all of the over the top tough guy wordliness and retreating a bit on abortion and the culture wars is going to go over with Evangelicals and remnants of the Moral Majority. The call out to Franklin Graham was slightly cringeworthy as well. I'm as big a Trump homer as anyone, but think how Franklin Graham must have felt being like Lot in Sodom. His soul had to be a bit vexed mixing with Kid Rock. The Christian Nationalists if you want to call it that or old Christian Coalition have clung tightly to Trump and even more so now with the belief that God spared him, but I very much think they got short shrift in this Convention with the spirit of it and pivot toward the profane and baser elements of entertainment. At some point light and darkness don't mix and you can't be a friend of the world and a friend of God. Strange bedfellows all around.

I get the JD Vance pick, but he's been a climber at the same time. CNN celebrated Hillbilly Elegy and touted it as "Understanding the Trump voter for Dummies" in essence. The guy goes to Silicon Valley and gets rich in a short time. Then serves briefly as a Senator. He's got a legendary, mythical Nativity story and rise to prominence just like Obeyme. Obama had "Dreams from my Father" and JD had "Hillbilly Elegy." He's purportedly a staunch Catholic in the culture wars but marries a Hindu. Also, he touts his Scotch Irish Hillbilly roots but Catholicism is rare where he comes from, and if your Christianity is more than skin deep, wouldn't there be some internal struggle marrying a Hindu for example? I thought at the time of Hillbilly Elegy "Who in the hell writes their "memoirs" in their early 30s?" Just questions I have. I wonder how much his brand is for sale?

At the same time, I feel like Al Davis Carville, "Just Win, Baby!"

Last edited:
It was like being in a Southern Baptist Church where it used to be buttoned up and we'd sing "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross" and now they've got a rock band on stage and you look around and the old people look lost and not even moving their lips.
In fairness, the lyrics were written a few days before the performance, how were they expected to sing along?

I do wonder how all of the over the top tough guy wordliness and retreating a bit on abortion and the culture wars is going to go over with Evangelicals and remnants of the Moral Majority. The call out to Franklin Graham was slightly cringeworthy as well. I'm as big a Trump homer as anyone, but think how Franklin Graham must have felt being like Lot in Sodom. His soul had to be a bit vexed mixing with Kid Rock. The Christian Nationalists if you want to call it that or old Christian Coalition have clung tightly to Trump and even more so now with the belief that God spared him, but I very much think they got short shrift in this Convention with the spirit of it and pivot toward the profane and baser elements of entertainment. At some point light and darkness don't mix and you can't be a friend of the world and a friend of God. Strange bedfellows all around.

I get the JD Vance pick, but he's been a climber at the same time. CNN celebrated Hillbilly Elegy and touted it as "Understanding the Trump voter for Dummies" in essence. The guy goes to Silicon Valley and gets rich in a short time. Then serves briefly as a Senator. He's got a legendary, mythical Nativity story and rise to prominence just like Obeyme. He's purportedly a staunch Catholic in the culture wars but marries a Hindu. Also, he touts his Scotch Irish Hillbilly roots but Catholicism is rare where he comes from, and if your Christianity is more than skin deep, wouldn't there be some internal struggle marrying a Hindu for example? I thought at the time of Hillbilly Elegy "Who in the hell writes their "memoirs" in their early 30s?" Just questions I have. I wonder how much his brand is for sale?

At the same time, I feel like Al Davis Carville, "Just Win, Baby!"
Abortion position is fine if you explain it correctly. It's up to the individual states now. Don't like your state's law, fine, raise money and get it on the ballot.
To get a national abortion law, either anti-abortion or kill dey babies, would need a Constitutional Amendment. You will never get 2/3 of the states to ratify it either way.
The Pubbies are at least partly looking at the last PA governor's election. GOP candidate Doug Mastriano, Mr. No Abortion Under Any Circumstances Period, who was soundly defeated in a swing state. People didn't grasp that if elected he can't change abortion laws by himself and a ban would never pass the state assembly and he cost us votes and seats down-ballot.

I thought Hillbilly Elegy was not so much autobiographical as it was just a book about the struggles of post-industrial middle America, not so different from where I live. Much like Trump, the media loved him until he won election as a Republican.

Last edited:
In fairness, the lyrics were written a few days before the performance, how were they expected to sing along?
True, but come on most of them looked like old white guys at a rap concert there was a bit of perplexity lol.

Abortion position is fine if you explain it correctly. It's up to the individual states now. Don't like your state's law, fine, raise money and get it on the ballot.
To get a national abortion law, either anti-abortion or kill dey babies, would need a Constitutional Amendment. You will never get 2/3 of the states to ratify it either way.
The Pubbies are at least party looking at the last PA governor's election. GOP candidate Doug Mastriano, Mr. No Abortion Under Any Circumstances Period, who was soundly defeated in a swing state. People didn't grasp that if elected he can't change abortion laws by himself and a ban would never pass the state assembly and he cost us votes and seats down-ballot.

I thought Hillbilly Elegy was not so much autobiographical as it was just a book about the struggles of post-industrial middle America, not so different from where I live. Much like Trump, the media loved him until he won election as a Republican.
I felt the Elegy myself. Especially in the book or movie when right on the cusp of his big job interview he had to go home because his mom was in crisis, get her settled in a facility, and go back to the interview with no sleep driving all night. It's whatever success he achieved was through much adversity and he had to pay a high tax with the pathology of his family. I moved back home at a career crossroads/foregoing an imminent promotion as the oldest to take care of my widowed mom because my other 2 siblings in the area just couldn't or didn't have the capacity to do any heavy lifting like JD's sister in the book. Kind of Larry Bird another Hillbilly Elegy story we lost our Vietnam Veteran dad when I was in college to alcoholism and my mom wasn't left with much but bills. The book did do a good job of capturing the plight of the white working class or post-industrial America to your point.

I am just watching the last day of the RNC.
Tucker Carson said
“More people have died of drug overdose in the last 4 years then soldiers during WWII, and we haven’t heard anything about this.
this is a middle finger to the people of America”

I am just watching the last day of the RNC.
Tucker Carson said
“More people have died of drug overdose in the last 4 years then soldiers during WWII, and we haven’t heard anything about this.
this is a middle finger to the people of America”
I know two families out here that have lost children in the last 3 years to fentanyl overdosing. It's beyond time to take whatever action is necessary to curb the supply chain coming across the border. For me personally, it's my biggest voting issue, a clear and present danger.

I know two families out here that have lost children in the last 3 years to fentanyl overdosing. It's beyond time to take whatever action is necessary to curb the supply chain coming across the border. For me personally, it's my biggest voting issue, a clear and present danger.
Because China pays Joe a lot more than we do.
He has never made a decision or policy that went against China's best interests.

our democrat White House administration and democrat party is at war with all American citizens.
This affects us all and can happen to any current and future family and friends.
We have to pray and vote for the good people that are willing to fight for us.