• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rudolph Will Start Against Seahawks - Tomlin Presser

Might it be possible that Rudolph is going for it with nothing to lose while Pickett has been drilled every week by coaches telling him to go for the safe throw and protect the ball ?

Rudolph can easily say **** it, minimum contract, last chance, if I go out , I'll go out like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid.
That’s how I would play it.

I'll also point out that while KP8 and MR2 both played well against the Bengals, amassing similar yardage totals, that is the only similarity. KP8 had a better completion percentage than MR2. After that, Rudolph had better ypa, a waaaay better rating ... and, most importantly, led the team to scoring touchdowns instead of FG.

But lets be honest, the first TD for Rudolph is really a ridiculous play by Pickens…analytics said he was supposed to get tackled almost immediately after the completion… both QBs had really good games vs the same ****** defense… and we still don’t pass inside tge red zone well at all… both td passes were long shots… we need a schematic overhaul of our red zone passing offense… pretty much the run game is keeping us afloat down there…

Tge issue is going to come vs tge Ravens… Rudolph is trying to prove he can stand tall in tge pocket, but our line hasn’t been even remotely good at passblocking this season… against a no pressure team like tge beat up bengals d, thats fine….

But he is going to get slobberknockered vs any team with a pass rush

When you say " short leash" , in tomlins world that means no throw over the middle. No throw to a moving target. Receiver must be stopped at a standstill. No throws past line of scrimmage.

That's why we are in this mess. Mike Tomlin football.

Steelers always play division teams tough, even if they have lost all games outside of the AFC North , and put up a good fight. They know the Ratbirds, Bungles and Shitstains bette than anyone. Let's see how they play against the Seahawks this weekend. I expect to see the true nature of this team against the Seahawks....which for me is a loss.

I don’t think that there will be much more interest in Mason this year based on a good game or three. There have been many backup QBs who have played well this season and it’s a very deep QB draft this year. I don’t think any team will be eying up Mason as QB1.
VERRRRRRRYYY doubtful. But if his game continues I could see him securing a nice #2 job. $5 mill? A lot better than what he's making now, $900k.

Also, since KP8 is in the same position as last week, Rudolph is in the same position as last week. Rudolph is "scheduled to be the quarterback" for this week but Pickett could practice his way in.
When asked specifically if KP8 would be the QB if he became available for practice this week, Tomlin stated that he wasn't into hypotheticals and Rudolph has (the ball) this week.

As I thought. Just makes the most sense.
That was my reading of the original post as well - seems Tomlin is saying Rudolph is currently the starter, Pickett is still not ready, and the starter could change depending on what happens in practice and with regard to Pickett's availability.

That was my reading of the original post as well - seems Tomlin is saying Rudolph is currently the starter, Pickett is still not ready, and the starter could change depending on what happens in practice and with regard to Pickett's availability.
We also now know that Rudolph took the first team reps yesterday. This makes it very unlikely that KP8 will start. Whether that's because of health/injury or anything else is speculation. However, they're not going to spend the practice time prepping Rudolph with the first team and then have Kenny start. Wouldn't be fair to the kid.

We also now know that Rudolph took the first team reps yesterday. This makes it very unlikely that KP8 will start. Whether that's because of health/injury or anything else is speculation. However, they're not going to spend the practice time prepping Rudolph with the first team and then have Kenny start. Wouldn't be fair to the kid.
I have to agree. He isn't in a locked franchise finding but more so he is in the process of developing regardless of if it does or ultimately doesn't happen.

So a Big Ben you knew his ceiling you start him if he is healthy toward the end of the week.

I think with Kenny he needs to be healthy at the beginning of the week until he shows more.

Yeseree!

They don't want you to want to stay.

Uncomfy beds, mediocre food, the nurses don't dress provocative.

Just not a good situation.

A provocatively dressed nurse, best not.
Not good on the heart. May cause extended stay for Berm.

ed7e5037-ad7d-4f5c-b59f-54fdc9f3d8eb.jpg

tenor-2.gif

Last edited:
Football is all about Match-ups...We get smacked by the Niners, The Niners get smacked by the Rats & we will smack the Rats....AGAIN
The Steelers don't match up well with the Ravens. Baltimore handed the Steelers that first game by making their own mistakes -- three turnovers and seven dropped passes, including several for sure touchdowns.

The Steelers don't match up well with the Ravens. Baltimore handed the Steelers that first game by making their own mistakes -- three turnovers and seven dropped passes, including several for sure touchdowns.
I disagree... when's the last time the Ravens beat us???

It's been a while.