• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rumor Mill – Steelers ‘Laid Ground Work’ For a Trade Into Top 12

The draft really has no obvious 1-1, like a P. Manning, Luck, or Burrows. However, it is deep - very deep - from 15-90. Seriously, look at the 90th rated player, Max Mitchell OT, or Jeremy Ruckert TE. Very good players.*

Giving up the 20th best player, the 87th best player (Wa'an Dale Robinson WR or Max Mitchell OT, according to Drafbuzz), and the 20th best player (or 18th or 24th or whatever) in the 2023 draft for some project QB is beyond stupid. It is a Hall of Fame level of idiocy, a moving so dumb and lacking in cognitive reasoning that it makes leaving financial advice to an astrologer seem brilliant in comparison.

* The fact a team can draft a really good TE in the 3rd or 4th round is one of the reasons I was so pissed at the stupidity in passing on Creed Humphrey to get a TE.

I think all us fans and this board is about to melt down come draft night. I just feel it and I think several of you others do too. It’s gonna be a crazy night.

I think all us fans and this board is about to melt down come draft night. I just feel it and I think several of you others do too. It’s gonna be a crazy night.

I live on ground floor so I'm safe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salute the nation

Would be vastly more entertaining if the NFL did the draft on Saturday and Sunday, like years past, so we would be off work when the draft happened.

In closing, f-uck the NFL.

Would be vastly more entertaining if the NFL did the draft on Saturday and Sunday, like years past, so we would be off work when the draft happened.

I weep for the Saturday Day 1 first two rounds of the draft days.
(sigh)
Sitting around eating good food, with good friends, draft guides in hand, talking picks and whatever.
From 11am ( hour before start time ) to whenever it ended.
So yeah, F the NFL!

We absolutely do not need a QB in the first round this year. Let’s continue to build on what we did in FA and add more pieces in this draft. Either stay at 20 or move back and pick up an extra pick. We can add talent at DL, WR, CB, OL if we do this smartly. Please don’t panic and overreach for a player like in past years. Let’s find out if Mitch is our guy and if not we draft our QB next year.

Exactly, let's see if Trubisky can build on what he was starting to do below. Hoping it's a smokescreen because it's utterly idiotic if they trade up for one of these QBs.

IF we were to trade up, and we took a QB, I may slice my wrists AND jump out of my work building.

Lmao, I like the hyperbole. Doing both will ensure it gets done.

We have a pretty good cross section of members on this board and I can't think of anyone that believes it's a good idea to waste the 1st on a QB, let alone trading up
to get a project. If Willis or Pickett are there at 20, I'd still pass for a higher rated prospect that would start day 1, and I guarantee that player will be there.

It would be interesting to see what the Steeler board actually looks like. Has it ever been released after the draft?

The draft really has no obvious 1-1, like a P. Manning, Luck, or Burrows. However, it is deep - very deep - from 15-90. Seriously, look at the 90th rated player, Max Mitchell OT, or Jeremy Ruckert TE. Very good players.*

Giving up the 20th best player, the 87th best player (Wa'an Dale Robinson WR or Max Mitchell OT, according to Drafbuzz), and the 20th best player (or 18th or 24th or whatever) in the 2023 draft for some project QB is beyond stupid. It is a Hall of Fame level of idiocy, a moving so dumb and lacking in cognitive reasoning that it makes leaving financial advice to an astrologer seem brilliant in comparison.

* The fact a team can draft a really good TE in the 3rd or 4th round is one of the reasons I was so pissed at the stupidity in passing on Creed Humphrey to get a TE.
In hindsight, I agree Creed should have been a no brainer, but I do think Muth will keep getting better and make that decision less painful.

And if they pick a project QB with #1 this year, we will all forget what they did in RD2 last year.

Not enough money in it..............................

You and I both know the reason it was changed

Salute the nation

In hindsight, I agree Creed should have been a no brainer, but I do think Muth will keep getting better and make that decision less painful.

And if they pick a project QB with #1 this year, we will all forget what they did in RD2 last year.

I'm on this boat as well especially if the QB is picked 1.20 or moved up for. There will be at least a day one starter there and in one of the possitions of need for us.

Salute the nation

There was only two picks I can remember that really pissed me off...taking Troy Edwards when John Tait and Jevon Kearse was available and Jamain Stephens who was sold to us fans as a luxury project pick. In the first friggin' round!!! Taking a QB at #20 will make those picks look rational. I will lose my **** if they take any QB and more so if they move up.

Yeah, Cope tells me that Muth is really good. Okay, I accept that.

But would we rather have Muth and Green or Humphrey and Ruckert? I know which one I pick.

Kendrick Green disputes that point by getting shoved into Trubisky's lap several times this year while Mike "Stubborn as a Mule" Tomlin continues to play him and insist "he is NFL-ready."

The fact a team can draft a really good TE in the 3rd or 4th round is one of the reasons I was so pissed at the stupidity in passing on Creed Humphrey to get a TE.
I agree that the Steelers should have drafted Creed Humphey, but you've got to let it go at some point, man. They didn't. Time to get over it.

We have a pretty good cross section of members on this board and I can't think of anyone that believes it's a good idea to waste the 1st on a QB, let alone trading up
to get a project. If Willis or Pickett are there at 20, I'd still pass for a higher rated prospect that would start day 1, and I guarantee that player will be there.

It would be interesting to see what the Steeler board actually looks like. Has it ever been released after the draft?

Bill Billicheat has a collector's set going back to the 2nd year he was coaching assistant to current HC position.

Salute the nation

I agree that the Steelers should have drafted Creed Humphey, but you've got to let it go at some point, man. They didn't. Time to get over it.

Sure.

But the same braintrust that made that decision is in charge of this year's draft. Makes it tougher to say, "Oh well."

I call bullshit Rooney’s know better than any team qbs like terry and Big Ben don’t grow on trees to draft a qb this year up in the first round is stupid and the Steelers are noted for letting other teams do stupid **** and last time we traded up it was a disaster… I hear all this talk about drafting a qb I can’t believe Colbert, knowing what we know about him, would draft a qb taking that away from the next gm… unless the gm they want is in house already but him drafting a qb would be bs. We’re still in a bit of a rebuild not time for going all in on a franchise qb.

if Willis and Picket are both there at 20, that would create a great trade back scenario for the steelers

I call bullshit Rooney’s know better than any team qbs like terry and Big Ben don’t grow on trees to draft a qb this year up in the first round is stupid and the Steelers are noted for letting other teams do stupid **** and last time we traded up it was a disaster… I hear all this talk about drafting a qb I can’t believe Colbert, knowing what we know about him, would draft a qb taking that away from the next gm… unless the gm they want is in house already but him drafting a qb would be bs. We’re still in a bit of a rebuild not time for going all in on a franchise qb.

It's not just drafting a QB, it's the conducting of a draft in general when Colbert basically already has a foot out the door.

Colbert staying through the draft just seems like a really awkward and potentially restrictive arrangement for someone attempting to replace him.

It basically limits their choices to Khan and Hunt, and despite all the interviews, it's hard to imagine many external GM candidates wanting to jump into a situation where they had no input in the team's most recent draft.

It just seems like a pretty reckless and dumb way to implement a GM transition unless they have pretty much already decided to promote from within.