• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Run, Rand, Run!!!!

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
Do you think he can win the nomination?

Rand Paul's First Challenge: Defeat Ted Cruz

Both seen as conservatives just outside the mainstream of the party, Paul and Cruz will compete for support from the same voter demographic during the GOP primary, meaning that only one of these men will likely have a realistic shot at challenging establishment candidates like Jeb Bush.

"We kind of come from the same wing of the party," Paul told Fox News' Megyn Kelly on the day that Cruz announced his presidential bid, "and if you look at our voting records you'll find that we're very very similar. I guess what makes us different is probably our approach as to how we would make the party bigger."

In order to distinguish himself from Cruz, Paul has tried to portray himself as the candidate who can breathe new life into the party, arguing that "people will also have to make a decision: which is the Republican that can not only excite the base, but can also bring new people into the party."

"I'm a big fan of Rand Paul; he and I are good friends. I don't agree with him on foreign policy," Cruz said on ABC's This Week in March. "I think U.S. leadership is critical in the world, and I agree with him that we should be very reluctant to deploy military force abroad, but I think there is a vital role, just as Ronald Reagan did."

Recent polling averages show Cruz and Paul tied, with both receiving 8.7 percent support from Republican voters. At this early stage in the developing race, Bush receives 16.8

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-07/rand-paul-s-first-challenge-defeat-ted-cruz

Rand Paul's First Challenge: Defeat Ted Cruz

Both seen as conservatives just outside the mainstream of the party, Paul and Cruz will compete for support from the same voter demographic during the GOP primary, meaning that only one of these men will likely have a realistic shot at challenging establishment candidates like Jeb Bush.

"We kind of come from the same wing of the party," Paul told Fox News' Megyn Kelly on the day that Cruz announced his presidential bid, "and if you look at our voting records you'll find that we're very very similar. I guess what makes us different is probably our approach as to how we would make the party bigger."

In order to distinguish himself from Cruz, Paul has tried to portray himself as the candidate who can breathe new life into the party, arguing that "people will also have to make a decision: which is the Republican that can not only excite the base, but can also bring new people into the party."

"I'm a big fan of Rand Paul; he and I are good friends. I don't agree with him on foreign policy," Cruz said on ABC's This Week in March. "I think U.S. leadership is critical in the world, and I agree with him that we should be very reluctant to deploy military force abroad, but I think there is a vital role, just as Ronald Reagan did."

Recent polling averages show Cruz and Paul tied, with both receiving 8.7 percent support from Republican voters. At this early stage in the developing race, Bush receives 16.8

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-07/rand-paul-s-first-challenge-defeat-ted-cruz

They are also the two charismatic candidates. Everyone else running, even HC, is drab.

Do you think he can win the nomination?

I don't know. But I have said that if he runs, I will campaign for him....and I do NOT do that normally.

[Recent polling averages show Cruz and Paul tied, with both receiving 8.7 percent support from Republican voters. At this early stage in the developing race, Bush receives 16.8

Bush receives 16.8? Who are these people?

The big question is, how does Paul get to 270?

enten-datalab-cruz-1.png

Who's that Carly chick?

I like her already

Carly Fiorina blames environmentalists for California drought

Carly Fiorina is blaming liberal environmentalists for what she calls a “man-made” drought in California.

“That’s the tragedy of California, because of liberal environmentalists’ insistence — despite the fact that California has suffered from droughts for millennia, liberal environmentalists have prevented the building of a single new reservoir or a single new water conveyance system over decades during a period in which California’s population has doubled,” Fiorina said.

“President Obama goes out to California a little over a year ago, calls it a tragedy of global warming and hands out money to a food bank,” she said. “This is all about politics and policy, and it is liberal environmentalists who have brought us this tragedy.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/carly-fiorina-california-drought-116711.html#ixzz3WcsH39Vt

Who's that Carly chick?

A smart successful self-made woman who rose to the top of corporate America. You know, everything the left claims they want for women but actually despises.

A smart successful self-made woman who rose to the top of corporate America. You know, everything the left claims they want for women but actually despises.

Her problem is she was forced out at HP for screwing it up. If she runs on that experience she has a problem. She also has no name recognition. But she won't run to win, she'll run to get richer and it will work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carly_Fiorina

According to wiki she is rated as one of the worst tech CEO's of all time, so that would make her a top rung GOP candidate.
Problem with building damns or water reservoir's is you need rain to fill them.

California can fix it's problem by just quit growing almonds (1 gallon of water for each almond) or quit feeding the nation.
Agriculture uses 80% of their water.

Seriously what has the guy done since becoming a senator? All I've seen him do is complain.

I'm OK with a lot of what Rand Paul has to say but he scares me, just like his dad, on several issues. His viewpoints are way off the deep end. But, he has been changing some of his viewpoints recently. That may just because he is now trying to be electable. His idea to pull out of the rest of the world is ludicrous. He doesn't believe we should be helping any country's. That is an extreme left principle - not a conservative principle. He is too far right on some items and will scare away many. I haven't written him off but he has 1 or 2 strikes against him right now in my book.

I like Rand because he is one politician willing to consider other ideas and offer different viewpoints. He doesn't have any chance of being President in 2016, however.

Perhaps the candidate with the best chance if beating Hillary and the worst chance of winning the nomination.

California can fix it's problem by just quit growing almonds (1 gallon of water for each almond) or quit feeding the nation.
Agriculture uses 80% of their water.

oh sure - blame it on the farmers

let's see - there are at least 3 million illegals in California now - and according to the govt each person uses 100 gals of water a day

that's 300 million gallons of water that could be filling up their reservoirs every day

Who's that Carly chick?

rl]

I don't know anything about her politically, but I do know this: I was sitting across from her in the Houston airport once. She had her laptop out and was talking nonstop to her assistant. She was a real high-strung, type A *****. I had to move to a different area. Thank God I wasn't sitting next to her on the flight.

then there's Scott Walker

“President Obama’s failed leadership has put him at odds with many across the country, including members of his own party, and key allies around the world. Americans would be better served by a president who spent more time working with governors and members of Congress rather than attacking them. Whether it is cutting a bad deal with Iran, calling ISIS the JV squad, or touting Yemen as a success story, Obama’s lack of leadership has hurt America’s safety and standing in the world.” – Governor Scott Walker

For many, President Barack Obama entered the White House a coddled narcissist whose thin set of accomplishments was papered over by his supporters. They liked his ideals, his identity, and how he made them feel about themselves. That was sufficient to prompt millions of Americans to bury their concerns about this energetic but untested freshman senator and his readiness for the presidency. Six years later, the nation’s affairs are in a shambles.

The Middle East has not been this volatile since the immediate post-War era. The region’s Sunni nations have intervened militarily in places like Libya and Yemen; two states that failed as a direct result of directionless Western action and careless inaction respectively. Iran’s creeping influence has now expanded to four Arab capitals. The threat of a regional civil war between Sunni and Shiite Muslims looms larger now than at any point since 1979.

Clearly, Obama was both untested and unready, but don’t expect him to display an ounce of awareness of that condition or humility in his disgrace. Forever the narcissist, Barack Obama has the temerity to scold Scott Walker for – get this — lacking experience on the issue of foreign relations ahead of the Wisconsin governor’s likely presidential bid.

In a radio interview, Obama was asked about Walker’s criticisms of the president’s “deal” (or, rather, the preliminary outline of the loosely defined terms of a potential arrangement) with Iran regarding its nuclear program. Walker has joined other prospective GOP presidential candidates in claiming that he would do away with the deal if elected. Shockingly, Obama did not take the criticism constructively.

“And, you know, I am confident that any president who gets elected will be knowledgeable enough about foreign policy and knowledgeable enough about the traditions and precedents of presidential power that they won’t start calling to question the capacity of the executive branch of the United States to enter into agreements with other countries,” Obama told the hosts of NPR News. “It would be a foolish approach to take, and, you know, perhaps Mr. Walker, after he’s taken some time to bone up on foreign policy, will feel the same way.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/04/...tt-walker-is-an-empty-suit-on-foreign-policy/

You'll save 80% of the water by eliminating the illegals. With nobody to pick the crops there will be no point in growing anything.

Illegals save most Americans money by keeping food prices down.

Whatever happens, please get someone that can beat Hillary.
I cannot take the whining any longer.

Because let's be honest, no matter who is in the WH...nothing will change.
Not a damn thing.

Rand Paul, "The Enemy is Radical Islam"

choke on it Obama

Who's that Carly chick?

I like her already

Carly Fiorina blames environmentalists for California drought

Carly Fiorina is blaming liberal environmentalists for what she calls a “man-made” drought in California.

“That’s the tragedy of California, because of liberal environmentalists’ insistence — despite the fact that California has suffered from droughts for millennia, liberal environmentalists have prevented the building of a single new reservoir or a single new water conveyance system over decades during a period in which California’s population has doubled,” Fiorina said.

“President Obama goes out to California a little over a year ago, calls it a tragedy of global warming and hands out money to a food bank,” she said. “This is all about politics and policy, and it is liberal environmentalists who have brought us this tragedy.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/carly-fiorina-california-drought-116711.html#ixzz3WcsH39Vt

Hit.......