• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Run, Rand, Run!!!!

I not suggesting people shouldn't care, I'm suggesting they don't. Most of them don't really know enough about any of it to care.

Yes but most people don't vote either. Likely voters care more about at least one thing that makes them vote. It will be easier in 2020 when we all have Apple Vote or Google Ballot.

Yes but most people don't vote either. Likely voters care more about at least one thing that makes them vote. It will be easier in 2020 when we all have Apple Vote or Google Ballot.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone beside yourself who is considering this as a major election issue. What do you mean by "denying science" anyway? You mean people who want to talk about creationism in schools? Is anyone even engaged in that issue outside of Texas?

Don't expect Hilary to come out strong against fundamentalist Christian beliefs on that...she's too self-serving. You forget it was Bill who signed the federal RFRA...those two will pander to absolutely anyone.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone beside yourself who is considering this as a major election issue. What do you mean by "denying science" anyway? You mean people who want to talk about creationism in schools? Is anyone even engaged in that issue outside of Texas?

Don't expect Hilary to come out strong against fundamentalist Christian beliefs on that...she's too self-serving.

Denying science is denying climate change. It's simply a fact. But many of the same people deny evolution or deny that vaccines work (although this is a huge problem on the left too) or are paranoid about GMO's etc...

Denying science is denying climate change. It's simply a fact. But many of the same people deny evolution or deny that vaccines work (although this is a huge problem on the left too) or are paranoid about GMO's etc...

I would say climate change skepticism is province of the right, whereas both GMO and vaccine paranoia are largely leftist. Marin County in Nor Cal -- no bastion of conservatism, there -- has about the highest concentration of the anti-vaccination camp and it is a large and growing subset of progressive environmental zealots that are anti-GMO.

The left has as big of a science denying problem as the right...just different pet issues. The right can easily deflect the anti-science charges in the next election cycle. Hell, many conservatives believe that climate change exists and to some extent is caused by human economic activities; they simply believe the progressive "cures" are worse than the disease.

I would say climate change skepticism is province of the right, whereas both GMO and vaccine paranoia are largely leftist. Marin County in Nor Cal -- no bastion of conservatism, there -- has about the highest concentration of the anti-vaccination camp and it is a large and growing subset of progressive environmental zealots that are anti-GMO.

The left has as big of a science denying problem as the right...just different pet issues. The right can easily deflect the anti-science charges in the next election cycle. Hell, many conservatives believe that climate change exists and to some extent is caused by human economic activities; they simply believe the progressive "cures" are worse than the disease.

You are correct about the deniers. I'm not sure the GMO thing doesn't cross political boundaries. I've got a co-worker who's far right in views but a health nut work out warrior who swears GMO's are killing us. I wonder what the GOP candidates will say when asked about the climate. I doubt it comes down to an argument about solutions.

Again, I don't think any of these issues are at the top of most people's lists when deciding who to elect. Not even close to a majority of Dems really care about climate change. Weird considering they supposedly think the apocalypse is coming, you would think it would be top of their lists.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/167843/climate-change-not-top-worry.aspx

Last edited:
You are correct about the deniers. I'm not sure the GMO thing doesn't cross political boundaries. I've got a co-worker who's far right in views but a health nut work out warrior who swears GMO's are killing us. I wonder what the GOP candidates will say when asked about the climate. I doubt it comes down to an argument about solutions.

I have less of a problem with GMO's than I do with the other additives, preservatives, antibiotics, etc. that are in our food.

Many of the anti-GMO crowd that I know are a good mix of political ideologies. My main problem with the whole GMO issue is why anyone would be against the labeling. Well, I know a couple of reasons...In any event, labeling seems to be such a simple item and it just won't get done. That leaves the consumers without the ability to decide for themselves.

As with Ron, I'm less concerned about GMO's than I am about everything else in our food.

Without GMO's billions of Africans would already be dead of starvation

Why do liberals hate poor black men?

Without GMO's billions of Africans would already be dead of starvation

Why do liberals hate poor black men?

It's justifiable mistrust of MNCs combined with abdicating reason to the food babe

Sorry, but climate change or whatever the hell it's called now is on the BOTTOM of my list of things I give a **** about in this election.

I normally don't post in this forum...mainly because I am not a very political person. I vote based on the candidates past record..

And believe me that I am NOT saying she is the best person to run the country..

But this election was over before it really started, when Hillary announced her candidacy..

What's the current odds on her? I enjoy gambling much more than politics..:cool:

HC will get the votes because of what she won't do. She won't try to backtrack on marriage equality progress, she won't try to gut the ACA with no replacement, and she won't deny science. Conservatives can complain about those positions but those are three areas that have turned against the GOP in the general electorate.

While I somewhat agree with the first two sentences the last is wrong, imo. What kills conservatives in the general electorate is asking that people be more responsible for themselves and less dependent on government hand outs and their attempts to downsize the cash cow.

To wit.......

Same sex marriage is a dead issue. The GOP should drop it or it will hurt them. I agree with you on that.

ACA, as I predicted when it passed, will never be repealed. It's a massive entitlement program that we are stuck with forever, until it bankrupts the country with the rest of them. I do think there are as many people who would like it to be repealed as would like it to stay, so I think that's a wash from an election perspective.

I don't think "denying science" is as big of an issue to most people as it is to you. They care about the things that affect their lives.

Where I see any GOP losing is the income inequality/class warfare issue. Romney was right. People who don't pay taxes don't care about tax cuts, and people who rely on government programs don't want them cut in order to grow the economy. They see shrinking government, cutting taxes and economic policies favorable to business as helping rich people.

I was just noting to someone that there are about 4 or 5 articles about income inequality in WAPO today. They will hammer away at rich vs. poor and racial victimhood and that will win it for them.

Unfortunately the poor and middle class will lose, as they have for the last 7 years.

Uncle Joe Biden just said " It's simple folks.....two years of community college should be as free and universal as high school is today....." What a wonderful and completely stupid thing to say.

That is why government bribes them to do so.

Don't want to derail the thread but I can't let "It's simply a fact" stand. It's not and there are numerous other threads here where that can be debated. And while I consider myself to be fairly well informed about politics and social issues I'll honestly admit I had to Google GMO's. Not sure they're a real big issue at least with the national electorate.

Sorry, but climate change or whatever the hell it's called now is on the BOTTOM of my list of things I give a **** about in this election.

And if there were no bottom stopping it, it would fall even lower on mine.

Last edited:
I normally don't post in this forum...mainly because I am not a very political person. I vote based on the candidates past record..

And believe me that I am NOT saying she is the best person to run the country..

But this election was over before it really started, when Hillary announced her candidacy..

What's the current odds on her? I enjoy gambling much more than politics..:cool:

I think a lot of Democrats don't like her and will go for someone else if their is a viable alternative, like they did for Bomma, but this time the Dems don't have anyone else on the bench.
Between the name recognition and being the First Woman President, a lot of people will vote for her on those reasons alone. I'm hard-core right-wing Tea Party but I've been saying for years that she's a shoo-in. Whoever the GOP puts up doesn't stand a chance.

Last edited:
I think a lot of Democrats don't like her and will go for someone else if their is a viable alternative, like they did for Bomma, but this time the Dems don't have anyone else on the bench.
Between the name recognition and being the First Woman President, a lot of people will vote for her on those reasons alone. I'm hard-core right-wing Tea Party but I've been saying for years that she's a shoo-in. Whoever the GOP puts up doesn't stand a chance.

Short of shooting herself in the foot really badly, which I think she is fully capable of doing, I agree.

Short of shooting herself in the foot really badly, which I think she is fully capable of doing, I agree.
She probably will but I don't think it matters. First Woman President from the party of gimme free ****. There is no Democrat who will vote Republican no matter what she screws up. She could be caught on cell phone video calling some poor hotel maid a "retarded ******* spic moron and get out of my ******* sight if you can't put the candies on my pillow straight" and still get 60% of the Hispanic vote. She could drop N-bombs left and right and still get 95% of the black vote. It doesn't matter.

It is kinda weird that folks haven't noticed the convergence between food, pharma and vaccines:

http://www.boughtmovie.net/free-viewing/

The US has cheaper food, more drugs and more vaccines than any other country. And way more expensive healthcare. Coincidence?

NEVER....FWP!
hLsYLOC.jpg

Hillary rolls out her campaign today - a tweet and a video from flyover country at 30,000 ft

perfect