• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Run, Rand, Run!!!!

Do you think he can win the nomination?

I do. My friends on the left fear Paul. He's very smart. He speaks well. And he passes the eyeball test.

I still think JEB is the man to beat, and the best chance the Republican's have though Walker has a real shot if he keeps up the good work.

I do. My friends on the left fear Paul. He's very smart. He speaks well. And he passes the eyeball test.

I still think JEB is the man to beat, and the best chance the Republican's have though Walker has a real shot if he keeps up the good work.

How do any of them get 270?

oh sure - blame it on the farmers

let's see - there are at least 3 million illegals in California now - and according to the govt each person uses 100 gals of water a day

that's 300 million gallons of water that could be filling up their reservoirs every day

You can't win an argument with facts, what are you thinking?

I would rather have Ron, but Rand is not too bad. Rand will have a rather good shot, as long as he stays away from abortion and making Religion a platform piece. I understand where he stands on both, but do not use it as a platform. Those are his beliefs, and I respect them, but he needs to not alienate people with those two agendas along the way.

i dont think a rep can get 260

All kidding aside, I tend to agree with you.

I do not actually believe that things will ever get better until after the next revolution, and then would it really be that much better in ashes?

For all those that feel he no chance, they sure are spending a lot of money on attack ads. That makes me believe that there are those who believe he is a serious threat to the establishment.

It is the Neocons who are scared of Rand. They are lost if they don't have wars and reasons to expand military spending.

I think that is one Rand advantage, the two main things the 2016 election is about is the public is tired of wars and they want
more economic prosperity. Rand is the one person Left of Hillary on the war footing.

To this point, Rand has my vote in the primary. I voted for Ron in the 2008 and 2012 primaries. The best chance to beat Hildebeast is the fact that she comes across as being unlikeable.

To this point, Rand has my vote in the primary. I voted for Ron in the 2008 and 2012 primaries. The best chance to beat Hildebeast is the fact that she comes across as being unlikeable.

Hildebeast is pretty damn hideous.

HP was my client for 13 years. When they forced Carly out, the whole culture changed. Mark Hurd nickle and dimed the **** out of R&D, misses the tablet and smart phone market, losing their share of inks and imaging and low and behold, he's banging his assistant and the company is paying all her bills. The next ding dong they bring in makes sure HP kills itself and is buried in the tablet market. Now who is running HP again? Another woman. /end girl power rant

Im behind Paul. Im not voting for a Canadian. (Sorry Buff).

then again maybe he's an idiot

Rand Paul: I’ll win black voters to GOP

“I’ve tried to expand the Republican Party by taking the message to places Republicans haven’t gone,” Paul said yesterday when asked by the Herald whether he is the Tea Party candidate in the race. “I’ve spent the last several years going to historically black colleges, going to large major cities, going to inner city schools at a dozen cities ... going to the Urban League, talking to NAACP leaders.”

https://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/us_politics/2015/04/rand_paul_i_ll_win_black_voters_to_gop

-------------------

Promise them more welfare and free cell phones, yeah - that'll work

Rand is an angry, troubled man, who has an obvious disdain for women. This will be the narrative, and it will work. He won't make it.

Interesting....

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-...ing-state-polls/release-detail?ReleaseID=2184

COLORADO: Paul 44 - Clinton 41
IOWA: Paul 43 - Clinton 42
VIRGINIA: Clinton 47 - Paul 43
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's lead is wilting against leading Republican presidential candidates in three critical swing states, Colorado, Iowa and Virginia, and she finds herself in a close race with U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky in each state, according to a Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll released today. In head-to-head matchups, every Republican candidate effectively ties her in Colorado and almost all Republicans effectively tie her in Iowa.

Secretary Clinton has lost ground in almost every matchup in Colorado and Iowa since a February 18 Swing State Poll by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University. The Swing State Poll focuses on key states in the presidential election.

One bright spot for Clinton is Virginia, the largest of the three states, where she leads all Republicans, including 47 - 40 percent over Bush, compared to a 42 - 42 percent tie in February.

Voters in each state say Clinton is not honest and trustworthy. Her overall favorability has dropped significantly in Colorado and Iowa, while Virginia is unchanged. Favorability ratings for the Republicans are lackluster, at best.

Interesting....

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-...ing-state-polls/release-detail?ReleaseID=2184

COLORADO: Paul 44 - Clinton 41
IOWA: Paul 43 - Clinton 42
VIRGINIA: Clinton 47 - Paul 43
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's lead is wilting against leading Republican presidential candidates in three critical swing states, Colorado, Iowa and Virginia, and she finds herself in a close race with U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky in each state, according to a Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll released today. In head-to-head matchups, every Republican candidate effectively ties her in Colorado and almost all Republicans effectively tie her in Iowa.

Secretary Clinton has lost ground in almost every matchup in Colorado and Iowa since a February 18 Swing State Poll by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University. The Swing State Poll focuses on key states in the presidential election.

One bright spot for Clinton is Virginia, the largest of the three states, where she leads all Republicans, including 47 - 40 percent over Bush, compared to a 42 - 42 percent tie in February.

Voters in each state say Clinton is not honest and trustworthy. Her overall favorability has dropped significantly in Colorado and Iowa, while Virginia is unchanged. Favorability ratings for the Republicans are lackluster, at best.

Voters say Hillary isn't trustworthy, yet those same voters will vote for her because she has a D by her name.

Voters say Hillary isn't trustworthy, yet those same voters will vote for her because she has a D by her name.
That plus she'll be the first woman President (FWP). That's all that matters. She could murder an entire embassy staff and still win. Oh wait....

The problem with Hilary is that people admire her in theory, they like her better when she's out of the public eye most of time. When she gets out on the campaign trail and has to ad lib she is very unlikable, and tends to blurt out some very tone deaf and obnoxious thoughts. Going all the way back from "I'm not sitting home baking cookies" to "at this point what difference does it make" to "we were so destitute we could hardly afford the mortgages on our homes in Chappaqua and Georgetown" (paraphrased). This is what happened the last time she ran, and I think it gives us a shot.

Paul gave a pretty good answer to the abortion question, IMO. Remembering that half of women consider themselves pro-life, I think we need to turn this narrative around on the Dems. They want to talk about women's rights and the rare exceptions of rape and incest, let's talk about the very real horrors of a no-holds barred abortion policy and what it actually means. With his medical background he is capable of appealing to the vast majority that DO want some reasonable restrictions on abortion, and DON'T think it's too much of a burden on women to also consider the rights of innocent human babies.

The problem with Hilary is that people admire her in theory, they like her better when she's out of the public eye most of time. When she gets out on the campaign trail and has to ad lib she is very unlikable, and tends to blurt out some very tone deaf and obnoxious thoughts. Going all the way back from "I'm not sitting home baking cookies" to "at this point what difference does it make" to "we were so destitute we could hardly afford the mortgages on our homes in Chappaqua and Georgetown" (paraphrased). This is what happened the last time she ran, and I think it gives us a shot.

Paul gave a pretty good answer to the abortion question, IMO. Remembering that half of women consider themselves pro-life, I think we need to turn this narrative around on the Dems. They want to talk about women's rights and the rare exceptions of rape and incest, let's talk about the very real horrors of a no-holds barred abortion policy and what it actually means. With his medical background he is capable of appealing to the vast majority that DO want some reasonable restrictions on abortion, and DON'T think it's too much of a burden on women to also consider the rights of innocent human babies.

HC will get the votes because of what she won't do. She won't try to backtrack on marriage equality progress, she won't try to gut the ACA with no replacement, and she won't deny science. Conservatives can complain about those positions but those are three areas that have turned against the GOP in the general electorate.

HC will get the votes because of what she won't do. She won't try to backtrack on marriage equality progress, she won't try to gut the ACA with no replacement, and she won't deny science. Conservatives can complain about those positions but those are three areas that have turned against the GOP in the general electorate.

Same sex marriage is a dead issue. The GOP should drop it or it will hurt them. I agree with you on that.

ACA, as I predicted when it passed, will never be repealed. It's a massive entitlement program that we are stuck with forever, until it bankrupts the country with the rest of them. I do think there are as many people who would like it to be repealed as would like it to stay, so I think that's a wash from an election perspective.

I don't think "denying science" is as big of an issue to most people as it is to you. They care about the things that affect their lives.

Where I see any GOP losing is the income inequality/class warfare issue. Romney was right. People who don't pay taxes don't care about tax cuts, and people who rely on government programs don't want them cut in order to grow the economy. They see shrinking government, cutting taxes and economic policies favorable to business as helping rich people.

I was just noting to someone that there are about 4 or 5 articles about income inequality in WAPO today. They will hammer away at rich vs. poor and racial victimhood and that will win it for them.

Unfortunately the poor and middle class will lose, as they have for the last 7 years.

Same sex marriage is a dead issue. The GOP should drop it or it will hurt them. I agree with you on that.

ACA, as I predicted when it passed, will never be repealed. It's a massive entitlement program that we are stuck with forever, until it bankrupts the country with the rest of them. I do think there are as many people who would like it to be repealed as would like it to stay, so I think that's a wash from an election perspective.

I don't think "denying science" is as big of an issue to most people as it is to you. They care about the things that affect their lives.

Where I see any GOP losing is the income inequality/class warfare issue. Romney was right. People who don't pay taxes don't care about tax cuts, and people who rely on government programs don't want them cut in order to grow the economy. They see shrinking government, cutting taxes and economic policies favorable to business as helping rich people.

I was just noting to someone that there are about 4 or 5 articles about income inequality in WAPO today. They will hammer away at rich vs. poor and racial victimhood and that will win it for them.

Unfortunately the poor and middle class will lose, as they have for the last 7 years.

People are denying how their lives will be affected when they deny science. Read the threads. I don't argue in them because if people don't value science you can't use the science to convince them.

People are denying how their lives will be affected when they deny science. Read the threads. I don't argue in them because if people don't value science you can't use the science to convince them.

I not suggesting people shouldn't care, I'm suggesting they don't. Most of them don't really know enough about any of it to care.