• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Russell Wilson promising statistic

highest rate of incompletions due to inaccurate passes: 43.9% - Deshaun Watson 40.6% - Tyrod Taylor 38.8% - Trevor Siemian 37.7% - Bryce Young 36.7% - Lamar Jackson 36.2% - Jordan Love 36.1% - Trevor Lawrence 35.6% - C.J. Stroud 35.4% - Aidan O'Connell 35.0% - Kenny Pickett 34.9% - Easton Stick 34.9% - Matthew Stafford 34.8% - Joshua Dobbs 34.6% - Daniel Jones 34.3% - Tua Tagovailoa 33.1% - Mac Jones 33.0% - Sam Howell 32.9% - Bailey Zappe 32.2% - Jimmy Garoppolo 32.1% - Ryan Tannehill 30.9% - Joe Flacco 30.8% - Gardner Minshew 30.8% - Justin Fields 30.1% - Derek Carr 29.5% - Desmond Ridder 29.2% - Baker Mayfield 29.0% - Jalen Hurts 28.9% - Joe Burrow 28.7% - Brock Purdy 28.6% - Zach Wilson 28.3% - Kyler Murray 27.8% - Josh Allen 27.4% - Will Levis 27.2% - Dak Prescott 26.4% - Justin Herbert 26.3% - Jared Goff 25.3% - Russell Wilson 24.5% - Patrick Mahomes 23.2% - Kirk Cousins 22.2% - Jake Browning 21.6% - Geno Smith

Kind of surprised Fields fared that well. Not great but not what I would of guessed.

Kenny Pickett, to high on the list considering the short pass offense he W-A-S in.

Salute the nation

We all know accuracy is very important which is why I find this stat attractive.

Saw this the other day had to refind it. šŸ˜

Nice find slash, thanks for posting.!!!

Russell Wilson is nearly interchangeable with ā€œswiftlyā€ Mahomes.

Iā€™m excited to see how this team comes together, including the coaching staff.

Salute the nation

Kenny Pickett, to high on the list considering the short pass offense he W-A-S in.

Salute the nation
KFP being at 35% in an offense that had so many passes right at or even behind the LOS is really sad. The offense only goes 5-10 yards downfield for the ā€œdeep stuffā€ yet still missing over a third just cuz he canā€™t hit the broad side of a barn.

KFP being at 35% in an offense that had so many passes right at or even behind the LOS is really sad. The offense only goes 5-10 yards downfield for the ā€œdeep stuffā€ yet still missing over a third just cuz he canā€™t hit the broad side of a barn.
I wanted Kenny to succeed, but seen the ā€œless thanā€ in action.

My amazement was that most thought Coach Tomlin was going to get a HOF QB on his first attempt.

Our current QB room is largely and mostly due to the low cost of attendance by said QBs.

Salute the nationb

My amazement was that most thought Coach Tomlin was going to get a HOF QB on his first attempt.

Our current QB room is largely and mostly due to the low cost of attendance by said QBs.

Salute the nationb
I want every player we draft or acquire to succeed, but alas that just ainā€™t the way the draft and free agency works.

I love when a guy I was down on from the start proves me wrong, KP unfortunately is not in that club.

This is what I'm thinking and hoping. This team moved the ball even with the shitiest OC I've ever seen btw the 20s. Wilson is going to be much better in the redzone. That I think is fact. If they can get there they will put up 1.5 x the points.

This is what I'm thinking and hoping. This team moved the ball even with the shitiest OC I've ever seen btw the 20s. Wilson is going to be much better in the redzone. That I think is fact. If they can get there they will put up 1.5 x the points.

They need to gain about 7 more points per game average, to become legitimate.

Salute the nation

Or......defenses knew what we were doing and kept everyone in and close to the LOS with press coverage. Come on. You...I and everyone else knew what we were going to do. Short to the outside. Lol. It had to be one of the worse Offensive philosophies ever. Blame though is on Pickett. Not Canada. Not Tomlin. Not Ownership. Just Pickett. Anyways....Pickett isn't here anymore. Canada isn't either. Hopefully Tomlin wasn't the problem and/or he was he had learned from his mistakes. An issue he has had during his coaching tenure.

They need to gain about 7 more points per game average, to become legitimate.

Salute the nation
While we are talking fantasy....let's make it 14 points. šŸ¤Ŗ

Play calling might have a bigger play on the points we score in the RZ than Wilson. Wilson will have to still make the throws and all but our playcalling has been putrid in the RZ over the Canada era.

While we are talking fantasy....let's make it 14 points. šŸ¤Ŗ

I think itā€™s very possible with the new personnel and OC, they will definitely increase their output over last year.. I canā€™t remember right off the top but I think i was 16-19 PPG. Increase that to 23-26 PPG and it changes things.

I highly doubt they can increase by 14 PPG, but then in a fantasyā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ anything is possible.

Salute the nation

Salute the nationb
And imagine what our QB room could look like next season at this time? šŸ˜³

And imagine what our QB room could look like next season at this time? šŸ˜³

Could be why there is significant cap space to carry over for next.

I think they are prepared to pay a QB, just a question of if Fields can step up or not. Ultimately, they want fields long term provided he can justify the merit of keeping him.

Salute the nation

I think itā€™s very possible with the new personnel and OC, they will definitely increase their output over last year.. I canā€™t remember right off the top but I think i was 16-19 PPG. Increase that to 23-26 PPG and it changes things.

I highly doubt they can increase by 14 PPG, but then in a fantasyā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ anything is possible.

Salute the nation
Tomlin asked Pickett to play conservative and not to turn the ball over. We have a great D. If Tomlin continues to see that this is his team I will not expect more points per game. If Tomlin has finally learned we are playing in 2024/2025 and embraces a more prolific offense? Sure. Seven points would look great per game. That is the big "if" though. Tomlin learning from his own past mistakes. Maybe with a Vet QB he let's our new OC do as he pleases. We all saw what he did with Ben though in his last season.

Could be why there is significant cap space to carry over for next.

I think they are prepared to pay a QB, just a question of if Fields can step up or not. Ultimately, they want fields long term provided he can justify the merit of keeping him.

Salute the nation
Pay who? And will they be worth it? Wilson is old but is our starter. Do we resign him if he has a decent season? Fields? Does he play even during the season? I guess we will have to let the season play out. I simply don't think we set ourselves up very well for anyrhing past this season in the QB area.

Play calling might have a bigger play on the points we score in the RZ than Wilson. Wilson will have to still make the throws and all but our playcalling has been putrid in the RZ over the Canada era.
Agreed but a little chicken egg here. Defense less concerned about pass.....can't run. And sonetimes vice versa. Hard nor to be predictable with big deficiencies.

Agreed. 14, 17, 20 needs to become 21, 24, 27plus.

Absolutely. This needing the Defense to hold and win a game at the very ene is good for ā€œnon-losingā€ seasons, but wonā€™t get you far whe3n competeing for a SB.

That 7 PPG increase will help a great deal in that end goal.

LMSFGA

Lets Make Steelers Football Great Again !!!!!!!

Salute the nation

Tomlin asked Pickett to play conservative and not to turn the ball over. We have a great D. If Tomlin continues to see that this is his team I will not expect more points per game. If Tomlin has finally learned we are playing in 2024/2025 and embraces a more prolific offense? Sure. Seven points would look great per game. That is the big "if" though. Tomlin learning from his own past mistakes. Maybe with a Vet QB he let's our new OC do as he pleases. We all saw what he did with Ben though in his last season.
I will say this as a guy who has been unimpressed by Mediocre Mike over the last decade

There were times when the Steelers lit up a scoreboard with Mike as HC

His system merely requires a HOF QB, the best WR in the league and a HB with generational talents to squanderā€¦weā€™re getting closer at some of these required elements for his offense

Or moving farther from a QB that couldnā€™t hit the broad side of the barn and a crayon eating OC

The one thing that bothers me about the pickett thing is ā€he wasnā€™t used properlyā€œ from the beginning. He beat out numb-nuts his rookie yearā€¦ from day one he was the better qb! not a big shocker he was a 5th yr senior that played at heisman trophy level all yearā€¦ he was ready just as Purdy, another 5th yr senior, was ready for the 9ers. instead the Steeler ā€œbrain trustā€ decided to ease KP inā€¦ and all they managed to do was insure the whole team got off to a horrible start. The next year he plays and they go into the season with everyone in the state of Pennsylvania but Mike tomlin believing Canada should be fired! And of course KP gets hurtā€¦ and being the good soldier he wanted to be, like the legends of old, he decides to play hurtā€¦ he doesnā€™t play well but he plays hurt until they have to take he out and Tomlin keeps him out! He never gave Randolph a fair shot after drafting KP but then decide to give him a shot after heā€™s committed the team, the fans, everyone to KP!!. Now you have a qb mess! Then ā€œthe brain trustā€ decide to bring in a has-been. Maybe he has some left in the tank, Kurt Warner did, but who knows!? Tomlin should have been fired over the KP mess! Either KP was horrible and shouldnā€™t have been drafted or he was horribly abused by the Steelers! maybe itā€™s both or maybe itā€™s neither but Tomlin should have been fired! Horrible! But life goes on as usual around the Steelers no one held accountable! Itā€™s like the US government runs the Steelers!