• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Russian firm bought $100,000 in Facebook ads during 2016 election

Hey speaking of hi-jacking threads and now that it is football season, I just wanted to point out that my Avatar is actually me. Yep, seriously. Hold your applause.

A few years back my son got to play in a youth state championship game at Ravens Stadium. He and I both carried our Terrible Towels. Since I coached and assisted with the team, I was down on the field and sidelines. Couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Carry on.

speaking of lean, whatever happened to Sizzlean? that was some nasty *** fake bacon ****.
TRUMP!

Hey speaking of hi-jacking threads and now that it is football season, I just wanted to point out that my Avatar is actually me. Yep, seriously. Hold your applause.

A few years back my son got to play in a youth state championship game at Ravens Stadium. He and I both carried our Terrible Towels. Since I coached and assisted with the team, I was down on the field and sidelines. Couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Carry on.

Looks like you really had to go...

No self-respecting Conservative should ever be caught dead driving a Prius. Just curious, do you have to pull your man-bun to the side to get into your Prius? I bet you also have the Coexist sticker...right? Right? Come on Floggie, confess.

coexist.JPG

What a "smug-douche" expression..

Looks like you really had to go...

It's not really urine. Just made to look like it.

Ye ole' poke a hole in the water bottle cap trick. Security had a tight eye on me. Two wanted to stop me, one couldn't help die laughing.

MORE election talk?

OK

Democrats dread Hillary's book tour

Reliving the 2016 nightmare is the last thing the party needs right now, many say.

President Donald Trump may be the only person in politics truly excited about Hillary Clinton’s book tour.

Democratic operatives can’t stand the thought of her picking the scabs of 2016, again — the Bernie Sanders divide, the Jim Comey complaints, the casting blame on Barack Obama for not speaking out more on Russia. Alums of her Brooklyn headquarters who were miserable even when they thought she was winning tend to greet the topic with, “Oh, God,” “I can’t handle it,” and “the final torture.”

Political reporters gripe privately (and on Twitter) about yet another return to the campaign that will never end. Campaign operatives don't want the distraction, just as they head into another election season. And members of Congress from both parties want the focus on an agenda that’s getting more complicated by the week.

But with a new NBC News poll showing her approval rating at 30 percent, the lowest recorded for her, Clinton kicks it off on Tuesday with a signing at the Union Square Barnes & Noble in New York. She’ll keep it going all the way through December, all across the country.

“Maybe at the worst possible time, as we are fighting some of the most high-stakes policy and institutional battles we may ever see” said Rep. Jared Huffman, a Democrat who represents a Northern California district.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/07/hillary-clinton-book-tour-democrats-242419

It's not really urine. Just made to look like it.

Ye ole' poke a hole in the water bottle cap trick. Security had a tight eye on me. Two wanted to stop me, one couldn't help die laughing.

I wondered how you got away with that. Like JMM, I believed there was some photo trickery involved.

speaking of lean, whatever happened to Sizzlean? that was some nasty *** fake bacon ****.
TRUMP!

Replaced by the invention of turkey bacon.

Carry on.

I played in a golf tournament put on by the local Ravens Roost chapter today. The bank I work at sponsored a team. Wore my Steelers golf shirt of course.

I wondered how you got away with that. Like JMM, I believed there was some photo trickery involved.

Was just a water bottle :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HNUzTX5t_EA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anybody drink gin? I never really got into it, but I tried The Botanist yesterday. I love it.

Tasting notes from the website:

For this, “The Botanist”, small-batch, artisanal Islay gin we use nine of the classic gin aromatics – orris root, cassia bark, coriander seed, etc – and augment these with a heady harvest of 22 local botanicals, hand-picked by our expert foraging team from the windswept hills, peat bogs and Atlantic shores of this Hebridean island of Islay.

BODY – The spirit is satin smooth gliding over the palate like no gin you have ever tried before. A totally seductive experience.

NOSE – The aromas explode like an olfactory Aurora Borealis, filling the senses with meteorites of smell sensations as they explode from the glass. Sweet delicate menthol, apple mint, spring woodlands, juniper, coriander with aniseed undertones, lemon and orange peel, a bouquet of summer flowers on the Machir, honey from thistle, coconut from gorse, wild mint and summer meadows. It’s a magical melody of Islay’s natural bounty from the Atlantic washed beaches to the summit of heather covered hills. Inhale and you’re there on the queen of the Hebrides!

PALATE – The taste is rich and mellow; cool on entry then as it reaches the back palate you can feel the warmth and absolute purity of slow unhurried distillation. This is a bewitching, delectable and luxurious gin; its citrus freshness excites and stimulates the taste buds allowing you to experience a star-burst of flavours as they explode across the palate.

FINISH – All this from a beaten up old pot still, operated by beaten up distillers on the coast of heaven.

MOOD – Carefree. The electric buzz of illicit anticipation.

I like Gin a lot. Never had that but sounds good.

Gin is much different than Vodka in the fact it is supposed to taste a lot like the juniper and botanicals used during fermentation. So there are a LOT of different nuances to each specific gin and each lends itself sometimes to a different mixed drink.

Hendricks is traditionally considered the best "top shelf" gin that you see day-to-day (nothing special issued, limited, etc.). Hendricks uses a bit of cucumber in the botanical blend which makes is a very good martini gin. If you are out and all the top-shelf gins are the same price and you want a true gin martini, get Hendricks. And if you like cucumbers over olives some places even garnish Hendricks martinis with cucumbers over olives upon request.

The traditional big name gins in the U.S., which are all mid-priced - Bombay Sapphire, Tangueray, Beefeater, are much better at gin cocktails (i.e. Gin & Tonics) than straight (which is what a gin martini really is). Because tonic water has so much sugar in it, the flavor of mixing these brands is much different than what you are going for in a martini. Note also that these three gins are on or about 94 proof, which makes them a bit strong in martinis (Hendricks is 88 proof) but good for a hot summer gin & tonic with tons of ice.

My favorite "middle of the road" gin is Boodles. I get it in Delaware for about $44 for 1.75L which is more expensive than the typical stuff and less than Hendricks. It is a very mild gin concentrating mostly just on the juniper flavor and doesn't have any citrus in it. It's about 89 proof so it makes a stiff martini but is very capable at any gin cocktail as well.

But Gin is very open to liking whatever suits your pallet and however you are drinking it.

I can't drink gin. My wife likes a gin and tonic once in a while and if i take a sip, I have a dry ****** aftertaste that lingers forever.

I used to be big into gin. Then simply tired of it. Can still drink it, but there's no urge for the taste.

I don't like tonic or the gin that tastes like Windex and Christmas trees. I just had The Botanist by itself with a big ice cube. Hendricks sounds good.

Last edited:
I don't like tonic or the gin that tastes like Windex and Christmas trees. I just had The Botanist by itself with a big ice cube. Hendricks sounds good.

Most tonic has quinine in it. Pretty bad **** for you to consume. I steer clear of tonic.

No self-respecting Conservative should ever be caught dead driving a Prius. Just curious, do you have to pull your man-bun to the side to get into your Prius? I bet you also have the Coexist sticker...right? Right? Come on Floggie, confess.

coexist.JPG

I bet she knows how much oil her "truck" takes.

First time I ever got drunk was on gin. Puked it all up. Never drank it again.

I bet she knows how much oil her "truck" takes.

The oil capacity of my truck is 4.5 quarts. It's a uni-body, not a big *** Dodge Ram. Do you want to keep coming at me and make a fool of yourself?

Mine was whiskey. I went 25 years without touching it after that. Now I love it.

I regret to say my first drunk was on Mad Dog 20/20. Some grape concoction. 14 year olds. And 18 year old got it for us. We used to "camp" in our back yard. Set up tents. Got wasted. Have never tasted the stuff again. Horrible.

The oil capacity of my truck is 4.5 quarts. It's a uni-body, not a big *** Dodge Ram. Do you want to keep coming at me and make a fool of yourself?

Just know that, by your own standard, my Escalade is a lot more masculine than your Honda.