• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Russian firm bought $100,000 in Facebook ads during 2016 election

Just know that, by your own standard, my Escalade is a lot more masculine than your Honda.

By what standard?

Pray tell, why does one purchase a truck Trog? Interested in your response.

I used to be big into gin. Then simply tired of it. Can still drink it, but there's no urge for the taste.

Never cared for gin until I recently tried an organic gin made by Wigle Whiskey in Pittsburgh. Good stuff. Their whiskeys are off the hook though.

The oil capacity of my truck is 4.5 quarts. It's a uni-body, not a big *** Dodge Ram. Do you want to keep coming at me and make a fool of yourself?

My Sport Trac holds an even 5 quarts with filter. I change my own. I'm the sort who occasionally sends his used oil to a lab for testing. I get the best used oil analysis with Pennzoil Platinum synthetic. Wear metals parts per million and viscosity came back slightly better than Mobil 1 and the Pennzoil is usually cheaper. I recommend using OEM filters, Motorcraft for Fords, AC for GM's, etc. Fram filters are total ****, very cheaply made if you cut one open to look. Aftermarket filters, go with Wix or NAPA Gold and if you belong to AAA, NAPA will give you 7% off. Mobil 1 and K&N filters are top shelf stuff but kinda pricey so I only get them if they're on sale. They have a synthetic filter element instead of paper so they have uniform porosity and somewhat better flow. A paper filter element is going to have big pores and small pores because of how paper is made. Really only worth the extra money if you go longer on your oil changes, like 10,000 miles.

Y'all thought I only knew football and right-wing politics.

Last edited:
By what standard?

Pray tell, why does one purchase a truck Trog? Interested in your response.

Well, sassy older women who own flower shops and need one for work, and bull dykes who pass on Suburus buy Hondas.

Well, sassy older women who own flower shops and need one for work, and bull dykes who pass on Suburus buy Hondas.

Oh that's my standard? LOL. You are the creative one, ever putting words in people's mouths.

Here's my standard.

I was younger, had a SAAB 900 turbo that was customized to the gills. It was ridiculous and stupid and I loved it. Then I drove BMWs with Jeep Wranglers and a customized CJ-7 on the side when I was a swinging single. Kids got to be 6 or 7 and I got smart, had gotten all of that out of my system and realized my money was best spent elsewhere. Now I've got 3 vehicles which is nice with a 3rd driver in the house. I'm also getting ready to send my kids to college, no loans required. Very very close to my house being paid off. I own a house in one of the top 10 wealthiest counties in the country. It will command a king's ransom when it's sold in 5-7 years. With the development going on around our neighborhoods, it's estimated to be worth...well, I'm not going there in this "who has the bigger dick" contest.

Long ago I learned the old saying to be true - it's not the car that makes the man, it's the man that makes the car. They are depreciating assets. Stupid investments. And I'd had my splurges.

Which led to why I have my truck. I sold my last BMW to get the Honda Ridgeline. For functional reasons. I'd become a youth football coach, had purchased tons of gear (blocking shields and tackling dummies) and needed to haul it. I'm also big into home improvements and at the time I was doing drywall work and patio/walkway work with concrete and flagstones and mixers and the like. Yet by day I wear the suit and tie and meet with V-level and C-level executives at Fortune 100 companies and needed a vehicle that had leather, navi, blah blah.

It's been my favorite vehicle I've ever owned.

Don't need the HEMI or a big *** contractor's truck. Needed something comfortable that I could beat up lugging football players around that could morph between the weekend warrior vehicle and the white collar professional car. The older I get, the more I have and the more I love spending less on **** when I could be spending more. Had I realized this **** when I was 25, hell. I'd be retired.

Now, you were going somewhere about 4 quarts of oil, a truck, your big bad escalade and what you "think" my standard is...?

Yeah I have a vision of Prius owners that typically holds up to the stereotype. Not always, but typically.

I regret to say my first drunk was on Mad Dog 20/20. Some grape concoction. 14 year olds. And 18 year old got it for us. We used to "camp" in our back yard. Set up tents. Got wasted. Have never tasted the stuff again. Horrible.

Ha, painted an entire bathroom with that myself. Ah, to be young and stupid.

My.....my.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a5b_story.html

Representatives of Facebook told congressional investigators Wednesday that it has discovered it sold ads during the U.S. presidential election to a shadowy Russian company seeking to target voters, according to several people familiar with the company’s findings.

Facebook officials reported that they traced the ad sales, totaling $100,000, to a Russian “troll farm” with a history of pushing pro-Kremlin propaganda, these people said.
This news comes from an internal investigation by the company, which will give more insight into how Russia abused social media to tip the scales in then-candidate Trump’s favor. While $100,000 in ads isn’t much in the grand scheme, this provides more insight into how the power of new media was abused—and the inherent risk of having private companies pick and choose what information we see.

Tick....Tock......keep deluding yourselves Trumptards...have another nothing burger.

My.....my.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a5b_story.html

Representatives of Facebook told congressional investigators Wednesday that it has discovered it sold ads during the U.S. presidential election to a shadowy Russian company seeking to target voters, according to several people familiar with the company’s findings.

Facebook officials reported that they traced the ad sales, totaling $100,000, to a Russian “troll farm” with a history of pushing pro-Kremlin propaganda, these people said.
This news comes from an internal investigation by the company, which will give more insight into how Russia abused social media to tip the scales in then-candidate Trump’s favor. While $100,000 in ads isn’t much in the grand scheme, this provides more insight into how the power of new media was abused—and the inherent risk of having private companies pick and choose what information we see.

Tick....Tock......keep deluding yourselves Trumptards...have another nothing burger.

My.....my.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...f01fd2-931e-11e7-89fa-bb822a46da5b_story.html

Only $100,000.00? Iran alone gave $15,000,000.00 million to Clinton that we are aware of.

Oh that's my standard? LOL. You are the creative one, ever putting words in people's mouths.

Here's my standard.

I was younger, had a SAAB 900 turbo that was customized to the gills. It was ridiculous and stupid and I loved it. Then I drove BMWs with Jeep Wranglers and a customized CJ-7 on the side when I was a swinging single. Kids got to be 6 or 7 and I got smart, had gotten all of that out of my system and realized my money was best spent elsewhere. Now I've got 3 vehicles which is nice with a 3rd driver in the house. I'm also getting ready to send my kids to college, no loans required. Very very close to my house being paid off. I own a house in one of the top 10 wealthiest counties in the country. It will command a king's ransom when it's sold in 5-7 years. With the development going on around our neighborhoods, it's estimated to be worth...well, I'm not going there in this "who has the bigger dick" contest.

Long ago I learned the old saying to be true - it's not the car that makes the man, it's the man that makes the car. They are depreciating assets. Stupid investments. And I'd had my splurges.

Which led to why I have my truck. I sold my last BMW to get the Honda Ridgeline. For functional reasons. I'd become a youth football coach, had purchased tons of gear (blocking shields and tackling dummies) and needed to haul it. I'm also big into home improvements and at the time I was doing drywall work and patio/walkway work with concrete and flagstones and mixers and the like. Yet by day I wear the suit and tie and meet with V-level and C-level executives at Fortune 100 companies and needed a vehicle that had leather, navi, blah blah.

It's been my favorite vehicle I've ever owned.

Don't need the HEMI or a big *** contractor's truck. Needed something comfortable that I could beat up lugging football players around that could morph between the weekend warrior vehicle and the white collar professional car. The older I get, the more I have and the more I love spending less on **** when I could be spending more. Had I realized this **** when I was 25, hell. I'd be retired.

Now, you were going somewhere about 4 quarts of oil, a truck, your big bad escalade and what you "think" my standard is...?

Yeah I have a vision of Prius owners that typically holds up to the stereotype. Not always, but typically.

I was just mocking you're Ridgeline because you accused me of being a Prius owner, I like Ridgelines. I also owned a Saab 9-3 and several BMWs and tricked out VW's when I was young. The Escalade is my first full-sized SUV and may well likely be my last. It was bought mostly for carpooling for kids sports practices and hauling dirt bikes. I buy selective used cars to minimize my ****** investment and I'm patient about it.

I lease my cars. Yeah, I always have payments but I never pay full value. I get bored quickly of the same cars, so it's nice having new ones every 36 months. And they're always under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I lease my cars. Yeah, I always have payments but I never pay full value. I get bored quickly of the same cars, so it's nice having new ones every 36 months. And they're always under warranty.
I used to lease a new truck every three years through my company for the same reasons plus it was mostly a write-off. In three years I'd buy a set of tires and front brakes and that would be about all.
Thanks to Bomma wrecking the economy though I couldn't afford to keep doing it so I bought the last one when the lease was up since the payment was about $100 less a month. Been paid off for a while now but it's coming up on ten years old and I had to have the transmission rebuilt last year.

51ad5b2041f4951a426b9a262ba10b5e.jpg
^^^^^^^ true story

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

My.....my.....

Representatives of Facebook told congressional investigators Wednesday that it has discovered it sold ads during the U.S. presidential election to a shadowy Russian company seeking to target voters, according to several people familiar with the company’s findings. Facebook officials reported that they traced the ad sales, totaling $100,000, to a Russian “troll farm” with a history of pushing pro-Kremlin propaganda, these people said.
This news comes from an internal investigation by the company, which will give more insight into how Russia abused social media to tip the scales in then-candidate Trump’s favor. While $100,000 in ads isn’t much in the grand scheme ...

(1) How long has Trump owned Facebook? Wow, I thought that Zuckerberg guy owned the ******* company. And good 'ol Zuckerberg was most certainly NOT a Trump supporter.

http://time.com/4566108/donald-trump-mark-zuckerberg-facebook-election-results/

(2) $100,000????

giphy.gif

The Republican candidate and his backers spent only half that of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and her supporters on the way to his Nov. 8 victory, according to media reports on campaign spending released Friday. The Clinton campaign, Democratic Party and pro-Clinton expenditure committees and PACs spent a record $1.2 billion, twice as much as the $600 million laid out by the Trump camp, Republicans and pro-Trump groups, the New York Post reported.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/10/hillary-clinton-breaks-president-obamas-2012-spend/

elfTard, you stupid ****, $1,200,000,000 is a tad more than $100,000.

Russian politician: US spies slept while Russia elected Trump

Russian politician: US spies slept while Russia elected Trump

By Zachary Cohen, CNN September 12, 2017

The US government publicly announced in October that it was "confident" Russia orchestrated the hacking of the Democratic National Committee in the lead-up to the election.

And in January, days before President Donald Trump took office, the US intelligence community concluded that Russian President Vladimir Putin had ordered an "influence campaign" aimed at hurting Trump's rival, Democratic Party candidate Hillary Clinton.

Trump has branded the investigation the "single greatest witch hunt" in political history and consistently questioned the intelligence community's findings well into his presidency.

Clinton 'convinced' there was collusion between Trump aides, Russia
Clinton 'convinced' there was collusion between Trump aides, Russia

Since the election, Trump has appeared to view suggestions of Russian meddling as a Democratic effort to de-legitimize his election win, even though the intelligence community did not conclude that Russian efforts made a difference in the election result.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/12/politics/russian-politician-us-election-intelligence/index.html

I haven't heard anything abut this whole Russia thing. thank you. I only watch CNN so they haven't covered the topic yet.

(1) How long has Trump owned Facebook? Wow, I thought that Zuckerberg guy owned the ******* company. And good 'ol Zuckerberg was most certainly NOT a Trump supporter.

http://time.com/4566108/donald-trump-mark-zuckerberg-facebook-election-results/

(2) $100,000????

giphy.gif

The Republican candidate and his backers spent only half that of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and her supporters on the way to his Nov. 8 victory, according to media reports on campaign spending released Friday. The Clinton campaign, Democratic Party and pro-Clinton expenditure committees and PACs spent a record $1.2 billion, twice as much as the $600 million laid out by the Trump camp, Republicans and pro-Trump groups, the New York Post reported.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/10/hillary-clinton-breaks-president-obamas-2012-spend/

elfTard, you stupid ****, $1,200,000,000 is a tad more than $100,000.

Maybe I missed it in all that garbage you wrote, but exactly how much of that one billion two hundred million did a Russian firm use to help Hillary?

Maybe I missed it in all that garbage you wrote, but exactly how much of that one billion two hundred million did a Russian firm use to help Hillary?

Have a 2nd grader explain the point to you, you ignorant ****.