• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sanders and Clinton in a real battle in Iowa an New Hampshire?

That's your opinion Steeltime, I completely disagree. Bernie Sanders is far from crazy. He's a forward-thinking progressive who truly wants to make America great again. You want certifiable nut-jobs? There are plenty of threads on this board to discuss Trump, Carson, Cruz et al.

Bwahahahaha...I'm sorry Tibs but that's some funny **** right there.

now-whos-an-idiot.jpg

Don't look now...

bernie-sanders-portrait-03-e1435089023737.jpg

Bernie Sanders Surges to First Place in Iowa in Latest CNN Poll

http://usuncut.com/politics/berniesandersiowa/

With less than two weeks till the Iowa caucus, Senator Bernie Sanders has opened up an eight-point lead over Hillary Clinton in a newly released CNN poll. Sanders is currently receiving 51% of likely democratic caucus-goers, with Clinton trailing with just 43%.

This recent poll shows a massive swing in support for Sanders, as Clinton led in the same poll in December by 18 points. Since then, however, there have been nationally televised debates and Sanders grass-roots fundraising has allowed him to go toe to toe with a Clinton campaign machine that has been on the ground in Iowa since before Thanksgiving.

I don't know why people care about what happens in Iowa so much. They are wrong like 50% of the time.

Don't look now...

Bernie Sanders Surges to First Place in Iowa in Latest CNN Poll

http://usuncut.com/politics/berniesandersiowa/

With less than two weeks till the Iowa caucus, Senator Bernie Sanders has opened up an eight-point lead over Hillary Clinton in a newly released CNN poll. Sanders is currently receiving 51% of likely democratic caucus-goers, with Clinton trailing with just 43%.

This recent poll shows a massive swing in support for Sanders, as Clinton led in the same poll in December by 18 points. Since then, however, there have been nationally televised debates and Sanders grass-roots fundraising has allowed him to go toe to toe with a Clinton campaign machine that has been on the ground in Iowa since before Thanksgiving.

That is good news. Now the gloves will come off, and we will all see how ruthless Hildebeast can be. Poor Bernie. I hope he doesn't have a heart attack.

Top Clinton Ally: "Black Lives Don't Matter to Bernie Sanders"

Bernie Sanders' new TV ad is evidence that "black lives don't matter much to Bernie Sanders."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nwRiuh1Cug

To be fair, there are a lot of white people in the ad ... literally thousands of them. White people everywhere, as far as the eye can see. Does that mean Bernie Sanders—who has made extensive though generally ineffective efforts to make inroads with black voters—doesn't care whether black people live or die?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...ack_lives_don_t_matter_to_bernie_sanders.html

Black lives don't have to matter to Bernie, or Hildebeast, because at least 90% of black voters will vote for the Democrat no matter what.

but wait

Hillary Clinton leads Bernie Sanders in Iowa by 9 points

Hillary Clinton leads Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vermont, by 9 percentage points in Iowa, according to a Monmouth College survey released Thursday.

Nearly 48 percent of likely Democratic caucus goers said they back Clinton for president while about 39 percent said they support Sanders.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-hillary-clinton-leads-bernie-sanders-in-iowa-by-9-points/

I guess the hippy Simon & Garfunkel ad didn't quite work as expected...

I actually liked that song too, up until I had to hear his annoying New York accent. Sanders talking is like fingernails on a blackboard or some character actor on Seinfeld.

uh-oh....Trump in a landslide!

Bloomberg, Sensing an Opening, Revisits a Potential White House Run

Bloomberg has instructed advisers to draw up plans for a potential independent campaign in this year’s presidential race.

If Republicans were to nominate Mr. Trump or Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, a hard-line conservative, and Democrats chose Mr. Sanders, Mr. Bloomberg — who changed his party affiliation to independent in 2007 — has told allies he would be likely to run.

Ed Rendell (D-PA) considers backing Bloomberg over Sanders as nominee

Edward G. Rendell, the former governor of Pennsylvania and a past Democratic National Committee chairman, said he believed Mr. Bloomberg could compete in the race if activist candidates on the left and right prevailed in the party primaries.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/n...evisits-a-potential-white-house-run.html?_r=0

Bloomberg has instructed advisers to draw up plans for a potential independent campaign in this year’s presidential race.

If Republicans were to nominate Mr. Trump or Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, a hard-line conservative, and Democrats chose Mr. Sanders, Mr. Bloomberg — who changed his party affiliation to independent in 2007 — has told allies he would be likely to run.

Edward G. Rendell, the former governor of Pennsylvania and a past Democratic National Committee chairman, said he believed Mr. Bloomberg could compete in the race if activist candidates on the left and right prevailed in the party primaries.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/n...evisits-a-potential-white-house-run.html?_r=0

I love it when the Libs go crazy

love_kids.jpg

If anybody else wants to get in then they'd better jump on it soon. You have to register your campaign and campaign finances with each state and the most important thing, get between 5000 and 10,000 signatures on your petitions to be on the ballot (requirements vary by state). I've worked on campaigns, I know this. Now we know the Democrats can easily get 10,000 signatures all at the same address, but it's still a lot of work. Ralph Nader and the Green Party don't get on the ballot in every state because they can't fill the petition.

Good read for anyone that would like to get a better understanding of Bernie Sanders' candidacy, above and beyond the usual, superficial reactions bandied about here and elsewhere. There is a huge difference between Bernie and Hillary, this covers it pretty well....

Robert Reich Makes The Case For A Sanders Presidency
http://reverbpress.com/politics/economics/robert-reich-makes-the-case-for-a-sanders-presidency/

The headline in today’s New York Times blares “Democratic Race Will Test Where the Left Stands,” followed by an article contrasting Bernie’s “New Deal-style liberalism” and “broad-based tax increases” with Hillary’s “mainstream Democrat” version containing a “sensible, achievable agenda.”

If you’ll permit me to say so, this framing of the contest is utter baloney. The real contrast is between Bernie’s vision of a government responsive to the vast majority, and Hillary’s vision of a government very much like the one we have now.

Democrats have occupied the White House for sixteen of the last twenty-four years, and in that time scored some important victories for working families – the Affordable Care Act, an expanded Earned Income Tax Credit, and the Family and Medical Leave Act, for example.

But they’ve done nothing to reverse the worsening cycle of wealth and power that has rigged the economy for the benefit of those at the top, and harmed most Americans. In some respects, Democrats have been complicit in it.

Both Bill Clinton and Barack Obama ardently pushed for free trade agreements, for example, without providing the millions of blue-collar workers who thereby lost their jobs any means of getting new ones that paid at least as well.

They also stood by as corporations hammered trade unions, the backbone of the white working class. Clinton and Obama failed to reform labor laws to impose meaningful penalties on companies that violated them, or enable workers to form unions with a simple up-or-down votes.

In addition, the Obama administration protected Wall Street from the consequences of the Street’s gambling addiction through a giant taxpayer-funded bailout, but let millions of underwater homeowners drown.

Both Clinton and Obama also allowed antitrust enforcement to ossify – with the result that large corporations have grown far larger, and major industries more concentrated.

Finally, they turned their backs on campaign finance reform. In 2008, Obama was the first presidential nominee since Richard Nixon to reject public financing in his primary and general-election campaigns. And he never followed up on his reelection campaign promise to pursue a constitutional amendment overturning “Citizens United v. FEC,” the 2010 Supreme Court opinion opening the floodgates to big money in politics.

What happens when you combine freer trade, shrinking unions, Wall Street bailouts, growing corporate market power, and the abandonment of campaign finance reform? You shift political and economic power to the wealthy, and you shaft the working class.

Another Democratic administration would be far, far better than a Republican one. But unless we change the structure of power in America, the terrible trends of widening inequality, declining real wages for most, and oligarchical politics will only worsen.

Democrats have occupied the White House for sixteen of the last twenty-four years, and in that time scored some important victories for working families – the Affordable Care Act, an expanded Earned Income Tax Credit, and the Family and Medical Leave Act, for example.

The Affordable Care Act has not helped our working family.And has only increased the cost of healthcare to the many working families I know. It may have helped families that didn't have insurance, but those who already had insurance were asked to pay more to compensate. Reich needs to get his head out of his ***.

First I thought Obama would prefer to replace Hillary with Biden.

But now Obama just threw Bernie under the bus

Obama Just Tried to Undercut Bernie Sanders

The Hillary Clinton campaign has been engaged in an aggressive effort to accomplish one crucial political goal: Knocking off Bernie Sander's halo.

One common thread running through many Clinton attacks on Sanders whether it;s questioning his record on guns or suggesting his single payer dream isn't going to happen. She has been to try to portray Sanders as a conventional politician (after all) who is not quite as pure as the scenes of his rapt, transported crowds suggest and is promising more than he can deliver.

Obama subsequently argued that Clinton’s “strengths can be her weaknesses,” acknowledging that her campaign is “more prose than poetry,” but that underlying this is an argument for Clinton, i.e., that her realism about what governing will require equips her to be president on “day one.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...bernie-sanders/?tid=hybrid_collaborative_3_na

-----------------

It's going to be a Dem bloodbath

Last edited:

People want free ****. Congratulations. Notice none of them are at their jobs?

Yep.

And that guy in the background with the "I have a Bernie Boner"? Just perfect Tibs. Libs in action.

By the way the march ends at the corner block. What, a thousand people? Trump looks at that and laughs, as in "that's cute, like little kids playing."

Last edited:
ha ha - truth out!

Sanders campaign ‘fiction’

The Washington Post slammed Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in its lead editorial on Thursday, saying he was peddling "fiction” to progressive voters.

“Mr. Sanders is not a brave truth-teller. "He is a politician selling his own brand of fiction to a slice of the country that eagerly wants to buy it"

It also says Sanders is like other politicians who tell their supporters what they want to hear while ignoring counterpoints.

“Mr. Sanders’ success so far does not show that the country is ready for a political revolution. It merely proves that many progressives like being told everything they want to hear"

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/267301-wapost-sanders-campaign-is-fiction

Tibs: Your comment that Trump is not generating turnout at rallies is just not accurate. For example, here is a rally in Texas:

trump-rally-texas-4.jpg

Another rally in New Hampshire:

635778561417810611-0914-trumprally01.jpg

Another rally in Iowa:

IowaBurlingtonTrumpPackedHouseOct212015DanScavino.jpg

Suggesting that Bernie Sanders is bringing more people to rallies than Trump is really not true.

In those 3 photos I count 2 Black people and they are both providing security.