• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sayonara Steelers...

Appreciate his efforts. We reached for him but he became a solid player. I think all of us would view him different if he would’ve been a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Still remember my draw dropping and saying “WTF” the night of that draft. Wish him well except against us.

Last edited:
He's a good player. Notice I did not say great. I feel if the Steelers offered competitive he wouod still ne in Black and Gold. Good luck Terrell.

Just the same that position is minus a starter. Do they plan to throw a rookie in there and hope for the best?

3... 2... 1... Steelers sign Karl Josephs. lol

Seriously, Edmunds was never used properly. He is more of a box safety best almost like a hybrid ILB/S role. I honestly thought that is why we drafted him to fill some of the loss of Shazier. Instead we tried jamming the square peg into the round hole. If a team uses him to his strengths he will have a very nice second half of his career. Staying here is a waste so good luck to him.

Brian Branch is looking like a real option now.

As a projected mid1st round pick does anyone think Branch will fall to the Steelers?
Should we trade up to get him?

As a projected mid1st round pick does anyone think Branch will fall to the Steelers?
Should we trade up to get him?
The one thing I always liked about Colbert was he usually let the draft fall to him. Trading up usually is too expensive and the few times Colbert did it he usually got good value for the move. I think with Branch running a slower 40 time today's pro day means a lot to him. If he can crack 4.5 and maybe ad a few inches on his vert he might go before 17 but at this point I think he is definitely in play at 17. My targeted guys are the following.
#1- Broderick Jones
We fixed the interior but still need a stud LT.
#2- Christian Gonzalez
Freaky athlete with just too much upside. He is a boom or bust prospect for sure.
#3- Jaxon Smith-Njigba
I don't think we need a receiver but he's too high on my board to ignore. I would move DJ to slot and if he put up a stink trade him.
#4- Jalen Carter
Is a possibility to fall this far. Has a lot of legal and off the field concerns but I would still pull the trigger.
#5- Brian Branch
Alabama had the best secondary in college football and he was their best player.
#6- Lukas Van Ness
Just brute strength and most from his lower body. I think he has a ton of room to grow and could be what we hoped Tuitt would become. I think him adding 25lbs of muscle would not be hard with that frame of his.
#7- Dewand Jones
6-8 375lbs and 36"+ arms. You plug him in at RT and watch Harris run for 2,000 yards.
#8- Joey Porter Jr
He is a good outside press CB. Dude might be Ike Taylors kid the way he plays ball. Joking but seriously same style of play. Not going to get you a lot of interceptions but he also won't allow a lot of TDs.

Edmunds was a solid player, but replaceable. I'm guessing the Steelers gave him a "final offer" and he declined and decided to move on.

Terrell Edmunds was a huge reach by the Steelers. Way overdrafted that I think could have been had in the third round.
I think he turned out to be a decent starter but nothing special and think that they can definately upgrade that position,
I hated this draft pick and really will not miss him. A lot of these guys over value themselves and there’s always a stupid team that will over pay for Terrell Edmunds,
Nothing special!

Terrell Edmunds was a huge reach by the Steelers. Way overdrafted that I think could have been had in the third round.
I think he turned out to be a decent starter but nothing special and think that they can definately upgrade that position,
I hated this draft pick and really will not miss him. A lot of these guys over value themselves and there’s always a stupid team that will over pay for Terrell Edmunds,
Nothing special!
True but let's never forget. He did not draft himself. He was durable and though not spectacular was certainly steady. I doubt whatever team broke the bank but make no mistake they got a good player.

True but let's never forget. He did not draft himself. He was durable and though not spectacular was certainly steady. I doubt whatever team broke the bank but make no mistake they got a good player.
I know he didn't draft himself and certainly not blaming him but I'd love to know whose decision that one was. This guy could have been had in the third round and have to wonder who we passed up to take this guy.
Just was nothing special and certainly wasn't worthy of a first round pick. Personally I was never overly impressed with his brother Tremaine who just signed in Chicago. I'm glad we didn't overpay for him. He got manhandled against the Bengals OL in the playoffs and we didn't need that here.

Dude was just trying to remind people that he's still out there.
Goodbye Pittsburgh? oh yeah? Where you heading Terrell?
Nobody that I can think of screams out the phrase "the best ability is availability" more than Edmunds
He's been a solid player, but damn that boy is durable.

I know he didn't draft himself and certainly not blaming him but I'd love to know whose decision that one was. This guy could have been had in the third round and have to wonder who we passed up to take this guy.
Just was nothing special and certainly wasn't worthy of a first round pick. Personally I was never overly impressed with his brother Tremaine who just signed in Chicago. I'm glad we didn't overpay for him. He got manhandled against the Bengals OL in the playoffs and we didn't need that here.
I feel like that was a situation where they reached for need. The dude looks like an absolute specimen. While h didn't bust at all he was certainly over drafted.

I feel like that was a situation where they reached for need. The dude looks like an absolute specimen. While h didn't bust at all he was certainly over drafted.
Yep! Let’s hope they maybe draft the safety from Alabama Brian Branch. Looking like it’s possible.
Kid can play safety and corner! Maybe he falls to 17!

The one thing I always liked about Colbert was he usually let the draft fall to him. Trading up usually is too expensive and the few times Colbert did it he usually got good value for the move.
Yeah. Trading up for Devin Bush was masterful, wasn't it?