• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Seattle man in women's locker room cites gender rule

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.krem.com/article/news/l...ns-locker-room-cites-gender-rule/293-45412534

Seattle Parks and Recreation is facing a first-of-a-kind challenge to gender bathroom rules.

Author: Allison Morrow and KING 5 News , KREM
Published: 5:51 AM PST February 17, 2016
Updated: 8:58 AM PST February 17, 2016

Seattle Parks and Recreation is facing a first-of-a-kind challenge to gender bathroom rules. A man undressed in a women's locker room, citing a new state rule that allows people to choose a bathroom based on gender identity.

It was a busy time at Evans Pool around 5:30pm Monday February 8. The pool was open for lap swim. According to Seattle Parks and Recreation, a man wearing board shorts entered the women's locker room and took off his shirt. Women alerted staff, who told the man to leave, but he said "the law has changed and I have a right to be here."

"Really bizarre," Mary Anne Sato said. "I can't imagine why they would want to do that anyway!"

Sato uses the locker room a few times a week, but she says this is a first for her. It's also a first for Seattle Parks and Recreation. Employees report that the man made no verbal or physical attempt to identify as a woman, yet he still cited a new rule that allows bathroom choice based on gender identification.

The issue drew protesters from both sides to Olympia on Monday. Opponents claim the rule opens up bathrooms to voyeurs but supporters say that's an unrealistic fear.

No one was arrested in this case and police weren't called, even though the man returned a second time while young girls were changing for swim practice.

"Sort of works against the point they're trying to make. They're causing people to feel exposed and vulnerable with the intention of reducing people feeling exposed and vulnerable," said pool regular Aldan Shank.

The man's protest, if that's what it was, hurts the greater cause, Shank says.

As far as policy to protect everyone, Seattle Parks spokesman David Takami says they're still working on the issue. Right now, there's no specific protocol for how someone should demonstrate their gender in order to access a bathroom. Employees just rely on verbal identification or physical appearance, and this man offered neither.

"This didn’t seem like a transgender issue to staff – someone who was “identifying” as a woman," Takami wrote in a statement to KING 5. "We have guidelines that allow transgender individuals to use restrooms and locker rooms consistent with their gender identity. We want everyone to feel comfortable in our facilities."

No one was arrested in this case and police weren't called, even though the man returned a second time while young girls were changing for swim practice.

In other news, Hank The Tank has moved to Seattle.

Old news. I was quoting this story when I would relentlessly destroy Flog a couple years while the FBP was still ruining this great nation.

My how times change.

Ontario just issued its first non-binary birth certificate, recently! "Progress"!

Sort of off topic but generally relating to how government regulations usually end up in a mess. I guess its been a while since I bought a new dishwasher. This one takes almost three hours to do a cycle. I researched it and found out that it is primarily in order to meet government regulations for water use. Big shock.

Sort of off topic but generally relating to how government regulations usually end up in a mess. I guess its been a while since I bought a new dishwasher. This one takes almost three hours to do a cycle. I researched it and found out that it is primarily in order to meet government regulations for water use. Big shock.

I ran into similar problems with a new clothes washer. Also Hot is now Warm, Warm is now Cold, and Cold is Icewater.

Reactions: MTC

Yep. There are three things guaranteed in life - death, taxes and the US Government ******* up business it manages.

Remember the Energy Policy Act of 1992? It forced toilets to be no more than 1.6 gallons per flush. They used to be 3.5 to 5 gallons per flush. I had a new home built and moved in in 2000. Those toilets were awful. Perpetual cloggers, needing 2 and 3 flushes to clean the bowl. Maddening. Multiple flushes led to more water use.

Since, capitalist businesses like American Standard and Kohler have redesigned toilets that work very efficiently and those problems are nearly extinct.

But can you imagine if the Government had been in the business of designing and producing those toilets for Americans to utilize? It would be a disaster like the USPS or Amtrak.

Yep. There are three things guaranteed in life - death, taxes and the US Government ******* up business it manages.

Remember the Energy Policy Act of 1992? It forced toilets to be no more than 1.6 gallons per flush. They used to be 3.5 to 5 gallons per flush. I had a new home built and moved in in 2000. Those toilets were awful. Perpetual cloggers, needing 2 and 3 flushes to clean the bowl. Maddening. Multiple flushes led to more water use.

Since, capitalist businesses like American Standard and Kohler have redesigned toilets that work very efficiently and those problems are nearly extinct.

But can you imagine if the Government had been in the business of designing and producing those toilets for Americans to utilize? It would be a disaster like the USPS or Amtrak.

Also the govt designed a spill-proof gas can that spills more gas than the old non-spill-proof units.

Also the govt designed a spill-proof gas can that spills more gas than the old non-spill-proof units.

Don't get me started on gas cans. They are all **** now. The old metal cans worked. These plastic, twist the latch, push the nozzle in before it starts pouring, sucks ***. You can't use it on a car, and they break after 4 uses. **** all the gas cans made after 1980!

Don't get me started on gas cans. They are all **** now. The old metal cans worked. These plastic, twist the latch, push the nozzle in before it starts pouring, sucks ***. You can't use it on a car, and they break after 4 uses. **** all the gas cans made after 1980!

I take a limb lopper to the end of those ******* plastic nozzles and just cut the ******* things off, take out the innards and it turns into a normal tube like it should ******* be.

Stupidest thing I have ever seen in my entire life. Engineering by people that have never mowed a lawn in their lives.

I take a limb lopper to the end of those ******* plastic nozzles and just cut the ******* things off, take out the innards and it turns into a normal tube like it should ******* be.

Stupidest thing I have ever seen in my entire life. Engineering by people that have never mowed a lawn in their lives.

Flog designed the new gas can?

Lmao. He also needed some 10-40 oil but just subconsciously went for 30-30.

Not just the 30-30....

The SEMI AUTOMATIC 30-30

container_call-of-duty-ray-gun-mk1-zombiekiller-large-scale-3d-printing-149861.jpg

Reactions: MTC
radioactive .22 rounds? holy ****. just one of those is equivalent to the energy that erupted from Vesuvius. We all know the damage that caused. No wonder that ammo was banned for so long.

Right now, there's no specific protocol for how someone should demonstrate their gender in order to access a bathroom. Employees just rely on verbal identification or physical appearance, and this man offered neither.

Civil rights violation pending!

No one has the right to tell a man who thinks he's a woman how to dress if he chooses to dress like a man...!

Have libs created a gender label for a person who thinks he's a woman who prefers men's clothes?

Last edited:
Ontario just issued its first non-binary birth certificate, recently! "Progress"!

What the hell is non-binary? Computer code?

Ummmm......how can you be anything BUT male or female????

Ummmm......how can you be anything BUT male or female????

It's simple. You believe you are a hippo. Or a penguin. No joke, they are out there.

This Doctoral Student Identifies As A Hippopotamus ‘Tranimal,’ Says It Makes Him Feel ‘Sexy’

In an article published in a peer-reviewed academic journal, a PhD student at the University of Arizona claims he identifies as a hippopotamus. Yes, you read it right. A hippopotamus. If you’re waiting for the punch line, don’t hold your breath.

I guess the ever-growing list of 58+ human-based gender identities just isn’t inclusive enough to escape the realm of pure bigotry and discrimination against “tranimals.” That’s why Florentin Felix Morin argues in the Journal of Theoretical Humanities that his hippo identity allows him to defy traditional gender norms and break free of the constraints that “govern human bodies.”

“This article explores the formation of a tranimal hippopotamus alter-ego,” he writes in the paper’s abstract. “Confronting transgender with transpecies, the author claims that his hippopotamus ‘identity’ allowed him to (verbally) escape, all at once, several sets of categorization that govern human bodies (‘gender,’ ‘sexuality,’ ‘age’).”

Morin says his hippo ego started as a strange joke that later evolved into a full-fledged identity, which made him “feel cute, confident, sexy and safe.”

“For a while, if someone was asking me how I ‘identified,’ I would joke about being a hippopotamus trapped in a human’s body—later, a human trapped in a hippopotamus’ body, until my humorous ‘truth’ solidified and I began announcing myself as an old butch hippo dyke trapped in a young human faggy transboy’s body,” he writes.

Of course, in an effort to steer clear of the irredeemable label of “transphobic,” Morin’s peers play along.

“I do strongly love when my friends call me ‘hippo,’ refer to my ‘paws’ and pretend they see no difference between me and one of my stuffed hippopotamuses, except that I’m a little bigger than most of them,” he says. “I discovered that another self was available for me: being a hippo means that I don’t have to be a boy or a girl, a child or an adult, normal or strange. It means that my smile becomes a hippo smile, and the way that I carry my body, a hippo walk. It brings me freedom, space, and a thrilling sense of possibility.”

Morin isn’t alone. In recent years, people have repeatedly made headlines by identifying as everything from a cat to an alien. While I know this all sounds absurd, you really shouldn’t be surprised. This is what happens to a generation with an identity crisis of ridiculous proportions.

Tranimal....now I've heard it all.