• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Seriously, WTF is Trump's problem?

It's going to take one more election to drain the swamp. It's a deadbeat congress. They refuse to pass Trump's agenda. GOPe has openly admitted it. That is in direct defiance of the American voters. Ryan and Mitchell need to be replaced and the other hacks voted out in next year's election. In the meantime, Executive Orders baby!

Sure PPHP....one more election.....LOL

Trump just broke the record for lowest approval rating EVER for a president..what voters? He won't survive till 2020, and even if he does the votes won't be there. He's done.

Again.....what is Trump?

It sounds either very complex, or it was the result of a lack of research and/or only listening to right wing/Russian fake news.

She would have been no better. She might have actually succeeded in pushing through more government control of everything along with Supreme Court justices to back it up, so if there's any bright side to Trump being president it's that she isn't.

Again.....what is Trump?

It sounds either very complex, or it was the result of a lack of research and/or only listening to right wing/Russian fake news.

What is Trump? He is not Hillary Clinton for starters. Career politicians have to go. All they do is keep us divided while getting rich off the working man's back.

We tried something different. I like his policy ideas. His attacks and childish twittering or whatever it is called is old. What he has done is repeatedly shoot himself in the foot because he sees congress as his employees and he is the boss. When you have 535 members of congress, about half of which will oppose anything you propose and they all have an ego as large as yours, you won't get **** done by attacking and trying to humiliate people.

I did plenty of research. On a bunch of candidates. Unfortunately, Ted Cruz isn't getting elected in the general when Trump is the nominee.

Many did research and were still not voting for Hillary. It's a pretty simple pattern: Candidate A) same old crusty, tired, lying career politician or Candidate B) was not Candidate A

No what I am seeing is a president call names over twitter when he should be working with republicans in congress to get **** done. I am tired of the name calling and juvenile stupidity.

If this is a calculated move, one of two things is going to happen. Either republicans will hold on to power for the rest of my life time, or the republican party will be no more and my government will get to tell me what to say, what to eat and what I was thinking. I guess we'll see.

I just want him to do the work of the people. Do what you said. He is going to alienate everyone in congress to the point that he will accomplish nothing. Close to that now.

Not a defense of Trump, but what makes you think any of the ******** in Congress are going to get something done? Their jobs are safe until we get term limits. Once we have term limits they need to work to leave their mark before their term expires. Now they are mostly there for multiple terms and are owned by the interest groups. We need ******* term limits to get this do nothing Congress out of there. I'm not even talking about one side v the other. I mean ALL of them.

It's going to take one more election to drain the swamp. It's a deadbeat congress. They refuse to pass Trump's agenda. GOPe has openly admitted it. That is in direct defiance of the American voters. Ryan and Mitchell need to be replaced and the other hacks voted out in next year's election. In the meantime, Executive Orders baby!

People are missing the point. The GOP healthcare bill sucked, but was still close to passing. Also who would vote for repealing obamacare when there is no alternative plan? If I was a republican senator and Trump is constantly insulting me or calling me names I sure would be way less persuaded to vote for a half-assed bill.

Trumps attitude is just ridiculous. He has the maturity of a 12yr old girl.

Everyone complains about his "approval rating", but look at who he picks fights with. ALL of them have lower approval ratings than him.

1. Congress
2. Ryan/McConnell/Pelosi/Schumer
3. Roger Goodell
4. ESPN
5. Jemelle Hill
6. Colin Kaepernick
7. NFL
8. Kim Jung Un
9. The media

This is what he does. When you come at him, he comes at back and you, HARD. There is no "bottom" for him. He will continue to go as low as necessary. Doesn't matter if his approval rating is 40%, 35%, 30%.... he will continue to attack and destroy YOUR approval rating in the process.

No one here "likes" the NFL anymore. Read any post over on the sports side of it. Read what people say whenever ESPN is mentioned. Read what people say when you mention Jamelle Hill or Colin Kaepernick. Even people that don't venture over on this side of the message board. Congress' approval rating is like 20%. Left/Right..... doesn't matter. Find me ONE poll that says people like Ryan, McConnell, Pelosi or Schumer more than Trump. You won't find one.

There is NOTHING preventing Congress from doing anything. Trump doesn't have a gun to their head saying "don't pass laws". We all see the truth of what these so-called conservative, career politicians is about. They are obstructionists only. Can't pass a law to save their life.

Do people really think the country is going to blame Trump for a totally Republican Congress not being able to pass ONE law with 50% votes? The media will certainly blame Trump. So will the Washington establishment. But I think when it comes push to shove, Trump will win that battle too and a lot of these career fat cats are going to be voted out come next spring/fall.

He is rattling the beehive. And what is coming out is a bunch of ugly, nasty wasps that desperately need sprayed with a lot of bug killer.

It's not the executive branch's job to write and pass laws.

And why does every ******* new law have to be an encyclopedia? Why can't they just pass one simple 3-page law on something they all agree on? Because our congress can't do anything without getting something to line their pockets in return. No one votes for what is best for the country. No one proposes laws that are simple and improve real lives. They don't care. They wan't "signature" legislation, which is code for a bill so big it gives fat to everyone in congress.

**** "signature" legislation. Just pass SOMETHING.....

This is what he does. When you come at him, he comes at back and you, HARD. There is no "bottom" for him. He will continue to go as low as necessary. Doesn't matter if his approval rating is 40%, 35%, 30%.... he will continue to attack and destroy YOUR approval rating in the process.

No one here "likes" the NFL anymore. Read any post over on the sports side of it. Read what people say whenever ESPN is mentioned. Read what people say when you mention Jamelle Hill or Colin Kaepernick. Even people that don't venture over on this side of the message board. Congress' approval rating is like 20%. Left/Right..... doesn't matter. Find me ONE poll that says people like Ryan, McConnell, Pelosi or Schumer more than Trump. You won't find one.

Is that really the role of a president? Attack and destroy? Shouldn't the president have more important things to focus on than some protests by football players?

Wouldn't we rather see our president lead and inspire with soaring rhetoric than be some nasty little bulldog nipping at the heels of celebrity culture? I know I would.

Is that really the role of a president? Attack and destroy? Shouldn't the president have more important things to focus on than some protests by football players?

Wouldn't we rather see our president lead and inspire with soaring rhetoric than be some nasty little bulldog nipping at the heels of celebrity culture? I know I would.

No. I didn't vote for that this time. If you wanted a smooth talker that played all those political games, vote for another Obama.

I wanted to DESTROY Washington elitism. I still do. Honestly, we don't need any new law. We really don't. This country will keep on chugging. I want less laws. I want repeals and getting rid of laws. I will take four years of NOTHING from Congress if it means a majority of them lost their jobs and we have massive turnover (right or left, don't care at this point) in congress in 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Foreign relations wise, I'm still okay with Trump. North Korea is tough. Would have been for anyone. Illegal immigration situation is a 500% improvement. Economy is doing well. Job market is great.

I would LIKE immigration reform, tax reform and greater border security (although Trump just being there has helped on that and made current funding go a lot further). I would LIKE for changes to Obamacare because I think it costs us too much.

But if not, so be it. I can survive 4 years without any of them really. So let him be a bull in China shop in the short term, even his whole first term. Tear down all those holier than thou politicians that can't do anything but pontificate, tear down the media that doesn't do anything but stir the pot for ratings. Let's see how far down the rabbit hole this goes.

No. I didn't vote for that this time. If you wanted a smooth talker that played all those political games, vote for another Obama.

I wanted to DESTROY Washington elitism. I still do.

What exactly has Trump done towards that goal? Do you think his ranting at the NFL has any effect on any WASHINGTON elites? They are loving this. He's distracted by all his little culture wars and personal slights while they keep doing exactly what they've always done.
I want less laws. I want repeals and getting rid of laws.

He's accomplished exactly nothing in that department either.

What exactly has Trump done towards that goal? Do you think his ranting at the NFL has any effect on any WASHINGTON elites? They are loving this. He's distracted by all his little culture wars and personal slights while they keep doing exactly what they've always done.

I think you're choosing to ignore. You haven't heard about his order than any new regulation requires the deletion of 2 existing ones? Haven't heard of all the EPA cuts? There's lots more but I have to go.

...look at who he picks fights with.....This is what he does.

1. Vietnam war hero John McCain
2. Gold Star parents
3. Bob Corker
4. NATO Allies
5. Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau
6. Secretary of State Tillerson
7. Former FBI head Comey
8. Former President Obama
9. Muslims and Mexicans
10. Hurricane ravaged Americans in Puerto Rico
11. Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg
12. Supreme Court Justice John Roberts
13. Civil Rights leader, Congressman John Lewis
14. Attorney General Jeff Sessions
15. Former NY Gov Pataki
16. Retired four star General Colin Powell

And let's not forget - when he was behind in the polls - his attacks on American voters and the electoral process.

The 2016 election:

“media-rigged”

“absolutely being rigged”
“being rigged by the media, in a coordinated effort with the Clinton campaign”
“rigged”
“is being rigged”

The electoral process:

“rigged”
“corrupt”
“Rigged”
“RIGGED!”
“Rigged”
“RIGGED”
“Rigged”
“rigged”
“rigged”
“rigged”
“rigged”
“rigged”
“allowed Crooked Hillary to get away with 'murder'”
“rigged”
“Rigged”
“Very very unfair!”
“rigged”
“totally rigged and corrupt!”
“totally rigged & corrupt!”

Last edited:

Well, he is getting rid of a lot of Obama's executive orders (those are like laws).

And I think he is winning vs. Washington elites and I don't think any of them are "loving" anything he is doing. They are all uncomfortable and I'm not so sure any of them are untouchable now.

Tibs... take a poll at McCain's approval numbers. Trump's are higher than him too. And the Intelligence community.

When Bannon was on Hannity's show the other night that's basically what he said. They will try to take out not only Democrats but also Republicans who aren't on board the Trump Train. Which I'm perfectly okay with.

When Bannon was on Hannity's show the other night that's basically what he said. They will try to take out not only Democrats but also Republicans who aren't on board the Trump Train. Which I'm perfectly okay with.

What is the "Trump Train" though? He basically went along with and supported the Republicans' watered down version of Obamacare, Had that bill passed it was still a massive expansion of entitlement programs. He offered nothing new. He's been incapable of creating broad public support for any initiative. I doubt he's even going to get meaningful tax reform, which is something both Democrats and Republicans actually want, because no one wants to be seen as being aligned with him.

You can "drain the swamp" all you want but you need to be able to build consensus to get anything done. He is terrible at it.

What is the "Trump Train" though? He basically went along with and supported the Republicans' watered down version of Obamacare, Had that bill passed it was still a massive expansion of entitlement programs. He offered nothing new. He's been incapable of creating broad public support for any initiative. I doubt he's even going to get meaningful tax reform, which is something both Democrats and Republicans actually want, because no one wants to be seen as being aligned with him.

You can "drain the swamp" all you want but you need to be able to build consensus to get anything done. He is terrible at it.

Wasn't there just a meme in another thread that when there is bipartisan "consensus" now in congress, that just means the law is doubly corrupt.

Again, no one is stopping congress from doing anything. This idea the President has to grovel and throw bones to his own ******* party to get laws past is partly what is currently WRONG with American politics. If Congress wants to cut their noses off to spite their faces, let them.

And this isn't even a SENATE issue, the House is where laws start and they have a huge Republican advantage and I haven't heard peep out of Ryan to get anything done in about 6 months.

We are seeing exactly what democrats have been saying about Republican leadership... all they can do is obstruct. All they can do is complain. And all they can do is play "me first" games about who gets the credit, who gets to be the "deciding vote" and who gets the most recognition and political clout. Bring something to the floor and VOTE ON IT. I'm tired of all the ******* talk and disappointment in everything Trump tweets.

Everyone in Washington hates Trump. McCain hated him from the start. He burned bridges with Cruz and Rubio and Paul during the primaries. Nothing Trump does is going to change that. They are going to undermine him, leak stuff to the press, discredit him if he EVER tries to bridge gaps and work with them. We've seen that time and time again.

So **** them. Cut them off. Only talk to Democrats for all I care. If the Republicans don't pass legislation, many might not get another chance. If they don't realize that soon, they better.

BWAhahahahaha

TRUMP WINS AGAIN!

Goodell: 'Everyone should stand for the national anthem'

DLy6UKkXkAEqgYx.jpg

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/9178...s://www.democraticunderground.com/10141886210

Trump is exposing the dysfunctional Congress of the US. He is attacking it head on, and they are protecting their territory which they feel is rightfully theirs' to rule and exploit. He was never going to get their support.....and I'm talking Republicans. **** them. I voted for Trump to get to Washington, and to blow it up. Thankfully he is doing it, and more and more incumbents are going to learn the hard way. In the meantime, I can put up with his Twitter battles. MAGA!

BWAhahahahaha

TRUMP WINS AGAIN!

Goodell: 'Everyone should stand for the national anthem'

Rog looked at the empty seats and TV ratings.

Trump is exposing the dysfunctional Congress of the US. He is attacking it head on, and they are protecting their territory which they feel is rightfully theirs' to rule and exploit. He was never going to get their support.....and I'm talking Republicans. **** them. I voted for Trump to get to Washington, and to blow it up. Thankfully he is doing it, and more and more incumbents are going to learn the hard way. In the meantime, I can put up with his Twitter battles. MAGA!

You've got to crack a few eggs to make an omelette....