• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Should people be on a public suspected terrorist list?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
In our nation, people register as sex offenders. There are maps to show where they are.

In a similar fashion, people who say they are going to commit terrorism or have done so have no such penalties. They keep their anonymity, and the FBI and other organizations simply do not have the manpower to monitor them 24 x 7.

However what if there was was a registered terrorist list? Reserved for people who did bad things, plead guilty in court and walk the streets or threaten to do bad things on social media or the internet. This way the citizens could at least be warned as to where they live. I believe this would most certainly save some lives.

Who's for and who's against this idea?

I am for it.

Problem is that you're at an East German level of surveillance, how big is the govt going to have to be to do that, and the bureaucracy always has a political agenda, like right now with covering up for the Muzzies. Far more efficient to have a well-armed population carrying bullets rubbed with bacon fat.

Problem is that you're at an East German level of surveillance, how big is the govt going to have to be to do that, and the bureaucracy always has a political agenda, like right now with covering up for the Muzzies. Far more efficient to have a well-armed population carrying bullets rubbed with bacon fat.

This would be for people in the USA only. Threats on social media, acts of terrorism or aiding a terrorist willing would qualify.

No, the problem is you can't do that to suspects, only people who have been convicted of a crime.

The list could include anyone who pledges support to ISIS/ISIL, or anyone who has had a correspondence via email or phone with terrorism. That is good enough for me.

In free speech you can't yell fire in a crowded room, so why should a terrorist have free reigns to use social media in terms of threats, or communicate with people with clear goals to kill Americans?

No

Let the government do this and we'll see many innocent people placed on the list for no more than saying they "hate terrorists" on Facebook.

So where would you start looking for radical Muslims in America?

That's right...it’s time to abandon political correctness and not let terrorists hide behind a mosque.

Bring back profiling!

The list could include anyone who pledges support to ISIS/ISIL, or anyone who has had a correspondence via email or phone with terrorism. That is good enough for me.

In free speech you can't yell fire in a crowded room, so why should a terrorist have free reigns to use social media in terms of threats, or communicate with people with clear goals to kill Americans?

If they've been convicted of a crime, it's legal, but no way can legally do it simply because the person is suspected of a crime or sympathizes with a certain ideology.

So where would you start looking for radical Muslims in America?

That's right...it’s time to abandon political correctness and not let terrorists hide behind a mosque.

Bring back profiling!

For purposes of political correctness, it can be any race, gender or creed, but the reality is many on the list would be Muslim

If you associate /correspond with terrorism, were guilty in a court of law ( major or minor crime ) of used social media to create fear...call it what it is and you're on the list.

If they've been convicted of a crime, it's legal, but no way can legally do it simply because the person is suspected of a crime or sympathizes with a certain ideology.

Fine, so the list could start with those convicted of a crime, or plea bargained out abroad or here that are living in the USA.

319 convictions or guilty pleas in terrorism or terrorism-related cases arising from investigations conducted primarily after September 11, 2001."

In terms of ideology, a terrorist is like no other. Speech that intends to kill is not free, especially in the world today. I say add them on the warning list.

Dear God no.

Say it with me: DUE PROCESS OF LAW! INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IN A COURT OF LAW! ENTITLED TO CONFRONT YOUR ACCUSER IN A COURT OF LAW! THE RIGHT TO CALL AND CROSS EXAMINE WITNESSES IN A COURT OF LAW! THE RIGHT TO LEGAL COUNSEL AND ZEALOUS REPRESENTATION IN A COURT OF LAW!

Daleks from the Fumblers Bumblers Idiots looking at PRISM intercepts of your emails is not a trail court and in many cases people with the same or similar name as a suspected terrorist get put on the No-Fly/Terrorist watch lists. I go pretty hard at Tibs because I despise his politics but I don't want that **** to happen even to him. Read the ******* Constitution and Bill of Rights people. Its written on about an eight grade level and its good information on what our governments limits are supposed to be and what you should be trying to conserve if you are a CONSERVATIVE,

DBS, who says there can't be such a list of people who were guilty or plead guilty for a sweet deal?

Coach, stop. While I get your intent, no. NO. NO. It would be the beginning of the end of all of our rights.

Israel has very safe airports

Israeli Minister Unapologetic For Security 'Profiling' Hailed By Trump

A senior Israeli official justified the "profiling" of Muslims as potential security threats on Monday after U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump said Americans should adopt Israel's disputed practice.

Arabs, who make up a fifth of Israel's population, and Palestinians living under Israeli occupation have long complained of being singled out for scrutiny and searches at security checkpoints when going about their routine activities.

Trump, the Republican front-runner who has been buoyed by Americans' worries about Islamic militancy, said on Sunday he believed that "profiling is something that we're going to have to start thinking about as a country".

"You look at Israel and you look at others, and they do it and they do it successfully," he told CBS' "Face the Nation".

Asked about the remarks, Israeli Transportation and Intelligence Minister Yisrael Katz declined to discuss the U.S. election campaign but was unapologetic about Israel's methods.

"Ultimately these (security) apparatuses ... must build a profile of characteristics as to where the danger comes from and locate it," he said in a briefing to foreign journalists arranged by the Israel Project advocacy group.

"It is not the whole population, but sometimes when there is a specific form of terrorism, you can seek out Islamic terrorism only among Muslims."

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/israeli-mi...121824508.html

Last edited:
You know Coach, as a fellow who tends to follow the "unofficial" 911 Conspiracy theories, I would be right on top of your list. Not because I sympathize, but because I question.

That's how it starts. Questioning. It ends badly though. Very very badly.

Question everything - but don't hide from the simple truth

13407075_10205817707593563_2590254508911217621_n.jpg