• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So Greg Olsen got killed on twitter for his remarks....

It’s obviously the .9 point difference regular season winning %. That’s huge which makes shades the greatest coach ever.
I’m being sarcastic here because I find this anointment of Tomlin being this great coach totally ridiculous.
He’s a mediocre HC who the national media has decided to prop up to be this great coach.
Not trying to be a smartass, but the difference between .630 and .621 is not a .9 difference. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that out of 100 games, Tomlin wins 1 more game more than McCarthy. Out of 1000 games, Tomlin wins 9 more. I only said this to show how small the difference is between the two.

Not trying to be a smartass, but the difference between .630 and .621 is not a .9 difference. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that out of 100 games, Tomlin wins 1 more game more than McCarthy. Out of 1000 games, Tomlin wins 9 more. I only said this to show how small the difference is between the two.
You do know I was being sarcastic right?
That difference means absolutely nothing. Me trying to be a smartass, that’s all.

Tomlin is black and McCarthy is white. This isn’t complicated. White people have been so programmed with white guilt in this country it’s almost unbelievable. Amazing really what can be accomplished when the education system and media push something relentlessly.

correct sir...
Its actually .009 difference.

Am I the only one who’s heart skipped a beat as I started reading title of this thread?!?!?! 😳😳🤦‍♂️

May as well join in
I just love this woman.

5-Steelers.jpg

May as well join in
I just love this woman.

5-Steelers.jpg
She has got rings, a a and it looks like someone's hose sprung a leak.

😁

Ok guys, you’re killin me here. You are correct. I should have written .009 not .09, my bad.

Some have been flogged for less and others have been flogged,……. Well it was their fetishized………..(lol)

Salute them nation

An interesting comment on PFT...."Success in the playoffs arises from going the extra mile. Creative game-planning that exposes the opponent’s flaws, as contained in a regular-season full of tape. Careful self-scouting that reveals tendencies in a team’s own film — with those tells then becoming the setup for a curveball."

Noll had a career 16-8 playoff record. Cowher was 12-9. From 1994 to 2005 he had the Steelers in 8 different playoffs and not a single one did the Steelers play less than two playoff games. Then there's Mike. 8-9 playoff record. Did you know Coach MT has only won a playoff game in 4 of his 17 seasons with the Steelers? HOF right there.....

He said if McCarthy was fired teams would be lining up to hire him (paraphrasing), then all the football people killed him on twitter, saying he's not a good coach, teams wouldn't want him etc.

McCarthy .621 regular season winning %, 11-10 post-season record, 3 straight 12-5 seasons, road playoff win last year.
Tomlin .630 regular season winning % 8-9 post season record, no post season wins in the last 6 years.

The national people call us idiots for suggesting we move on from Tomlin, I'm not sure what I'm missing here.
Tomlin was an affirmative action hire, so the OPTICS of firing him would be awful to AR2.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not against giving people often overlooked a chance, just against not moving on when they show they are not up to the challenge.

Good post, Coryea. Change could be good for both sides as well. Then again, Tomlin could begin to change the narrative today.

On a side note, is anyone a fan of Greg Olsen as a commentator? I'm not and can't believe he's now the No. 1 guy at Fox.

Tomlin was an affirmative action hire, so the OPTICS of firing him would be awful to AR2.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not against giving people often overlooked a chance, just against not moving on when they show they are not up to the challenge.
That's the problem. Some people can't (or won't) internalize the idea that no one is claiming he's a mediocre coach because he's black...he's just a mediocre coach. His body of work as he likes to say shows that....it's on tape. That's why his media defenders always revolve around the"No losing seasons." stat.

That is an illusion originating from stats that is used to try and void the other mediocre stats of his. And that's because they know they are selling fools gold.

The time to move away from Tomlin was after the playoff loss to the Jags at home against Blake Bortles.
Completely had his team focused on the next game with the Pats.
Should have been gone then!
Yep. Overlooked a playoff opponent. Egotistical and pompous expected a win because he’s glorified by the media.

Tomlin’s schtick is old