• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So now they want to do away with "money".

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The current big push is with businesses refusing to accept cash for goods bought and sold.

We probably ought to be mother-******' worried...

Liberals can send all their cash to me. I'll gladly take it.

The Mrs. went grocery shopping in Flagstaff yesterday and told me several of the stores had signs posted requesting customers use cards instead of cash if possible.

She didn't pay a great deal of attention as to why, only saying the stores are claiming to having difficulty getting cash from the banks.

She didn't pay a great deal of attention as to why, only saying the stores are claiming to having difficulty getting cash from the banks.

If only there was a way for the store managers to somehow get ahold of some cash to deposit in the bank so they'd have more cash on hand. This is a real stumper!

The Mrs. went grocery shopping in Flagstaff yesterday and told me several of the stores had signs posted requesting customers use cards instead of cash if possible.

Come on, cash has Covid on it,,,

The only things I have seen on this is that there is a coin shortage that quite a few stores were asking for exact change due to this shortage. If it wasn't possible for that some stores were offering gift cards for the difference. Then there were places not wanting to take cash trying to minimize contact due to COVID, and I recall prior to COVID some stores trying to go cashless but being challenged on it. There's a bill being introduced about this.

Some links:

coin shortage: https://www.gastongazette.com/news/20200715/coin-shortage-could-be-resolved-soon

cashless payments: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/02/bipartisan-senate-bill-would-punish-retailers-for-refusing-cash-payments.html

There are several businesses here where I live (which is pretty much the end of the frickin' world according to most folks) that are now posting signs that they will not accept cash. Not a ton, but a few. And for someplace as out of the way as Montana, that's an interesting development.

I got my weekly WalMart grocery pick-up this morning and the guy that brought my stuff out said that the self check-out lanes only had two that took cash, all the rest were CC only. He said mgmt told him there was a cash shortage. Parcel that together with them only having two registers open and I am fortunate not to have had to go inside. He said the lines covered multiple zip codes.

It's happening down here too.