• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sorority girls matter!

Well yeah, but this wasn't just a regular dude.

That video doesn't tell the entire story. I read that she had already hit the cop before that video was taken.
What you saw in the video was the cop just about having enough.

What kind of police officer does that is probably the same kind of police officer that did this:
Recall the cop that was called to remove a student...

Stewey,

If you're going to tell the story tell the whole ******* story. The heavily edited video with the sound effects cuts off before it shows the deputy pick the girls up and bodyslammed her twice. His own agency said that he violated their use of force policy's and fired him. Also it is Worth mentioning that students in the school had previously complained several times about that former South Carolina cop and given him the nickname officer bodyslam. Don't be a sheep man. Don't allow public officials to violate laws they are sworn to uphold.

Stewey,

To answer your question The reason why it boggles my mind that conservatives have no problem with this is because conservatives are supposed to believe in small government and the rule of law. There are laws about levels of force and appropriate responses that police officer's are allowed to use. This **** bag in the video through all of that out the window. And I seem to be the only one here willing to hold him accountable for that. The ******* featured in this Video is the kind of Agro **** stick that makes good police officers jobs harder.

C''mon, man...fuckstick is one word.

I think everyone would be violently upset at the excessive force if that was their daughter. Probably in the car and on the way to have a talk with that guy before the video ended.

Probably also pissed at the daughter, sure, but that was way out of line if you ask me.

Maybe I don't worry about it because I don't act like a douche, and I raised my kids to be respectful, productive citizens. I am tired of ******** provoking police officers, get thumped, then people run around lamenting our police state and police brutality. Don't start nothin and there won't be nothin. Act like a civilized human being, not a drunken gutter snipe that thinks you can hit a police officer because you are a 100 pound party girl. Pretty simple if you ask me.

That is the sound of hitting the nail right on the head.

Man who filmed the United Airlines passenger: 'I don't blame the security guards at all'

The person who filmed the video of a man being forcibly removed from a United Airlines flight over the weekend says security is not to blame for the situation. "It's clearly the man's fault that security had to drag him off. He was resisting. I don't blame the security guards at all"

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/m...ont-blame-the-security-guards/article/2619950

Once you hit a cop all bets are off....you're going to get it back and probably 10x more. Hit a cop the negotiations are over and you're going to hit the ground...hard.

Once you hit a cop all bets are off....you're going to get it back and probably 10x more. Hit a cop the negotiations are over and you're going to hit the ground...hard.

As it should be

keep believing that if it lets you sleep at night man.

I genuinely believe the guy did not want to face-plant skinny girl. He is used to wrestling with 200 lb. males (and that happens a lot more than people think, by the way), and with a 200 lb. male you better use force or you get put in the hospital yourself.

So having trained to bring down a 200 lb. male, he uses that training ... but skinny girl is so light that she goes down like the cop is a frat boy buying her bling.

Man who filmed the United Airlines passenger: 'I don't blame the security guards at all'

The person who filmed the video of a man being forcibly removed from a United Airlines flight over the weekend says security is not to blame for the situation. "It's clearly the man's fault that security had to drag him off. He was resisting. I don't blame the security guards at all"

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/m...ont-blame-the-security-guards/article/2619950

Sorry, but this is just horseshit. Some of you will flame me. I don't give a ****. This article (and I love the Examiner, being a Conservative rag) attempts to justify the cops actions and United's simply because the man resisted leaving the plane. What does resisting mean? He held on to the seat and refused to move.

Oh the horror!!!!!!!!!!

He swung at no one, like the drunk chick. He hit no one. And from other eyewitness accounts, he wasn't verbally attacking the officers. He simply refused to leave. That justifies being ripped from your seat and having your face slammed into the armrest then dragged off the plane like an animal? Nope. Those 3 officers could have gotten him upright and gotten his hands behind his back before forcing him off the plane. The officer went full commando.

That sorority girl deserved what she got. Dr. Dao did not. And yes, they are very different. She struck the officer. He struck no one. Latest news reports show he suffered a broken nose and a concussion.

I went on about this on Facebook yesterday and will share the same thoughts. Some of you on here know me there and know that I go through periods where I'm traveling a lot. Last business week I was on and off 6 planes and suffered two terrible travel nightmare days. Business travel is utterly awful. It's so much worse than it was 25 years ago, before the airlines took away every perk of travel and began treating us all like cattle. There was a level of respect in the 90s. No longer. And travelers are fed up. Fed up with being treated rudely by agents at the ticket counter, by TSA staff who are surly and steal our things, by gate agents that don't give one flying **** about you, to flight attendants who often don't smile and are more worried about you standing up when the seat belt sign is on than if you got the water you asked for. Flyers are tired of being nickle and dimed to death for everything that used to be included - your bags, your food, your seats, etc. My family flew on Spirit Airlines in December. Pretty good deal, 4 flights to Florida for about $900. Then we got to the airport. We had 4 bags to check and 4 carry ons. They charged us for EVERY damned bag, even the carry on bags. One way, the fees were over $150 just to get on the plane. Had we wanted the tix printed on my printer the day before, there was a fee per pre-printed out boarding pass. We ended up spending over $1200 for a $900 set of tickets when all was said and done. We felt robbed.

The point? The airlines customers feel **** on.

Now consider, since 9/11 airlines have cut their flights significantly in order to keep the planes full so they can fly them and make profit. Keep this point in mind: The airline industry makes more money now in terms of profit than it ever has.

Now let's get back to Dr. Dao. I view this as a Rosa Parks moment. No, I'm not equating his travel struggles to a nation's battle against slavery. At it's most base comparison, Parks was fed up with a law and said "this is nonsense" I'm sitting where I want. She refused to comply. Her simple protest had profound impact. Dr. Dao and his wife were **** on by the airline. And he had enough and said "I'm not getting up." His simple protest may have profound impacts for all of us travelers - and we would all benefit from it.

Let's look at United and the airlines and how they utterly ****** this up:

1. Overselling flights. It shouldn't be allowed, period. Airlines have long argued it's required to stay economically sound, because people cancel flights, change flights, miss flights, etc, and that if they don't fly the plane full they lose money. Bullshit. That used to be the case but I no longer buy it. Every flight I've been on this year and last had a waiting list of standby customers. Remember, there are fewer flight options. There are ALWAYS some customers trying to get on your flight. Demand is greater than supply. They do NOT need to overbook. And remember, the airlines are making more money now than they ever have.
  2. Second, this flight was NOT oversold as initially reported. United simply screwed up by not having scheduled their flight crews appropriately. They needed to get a crew to Louisville for another flight, and put their employees and their business AHEAD of their paying customers. That's bullshit and travelers see it. "Your employees mean more than I do??" Louisville is a 4 HOUR DRIVE from Chicago. Put them on a bus or rent them cars and fly your paying customers to their destination.
  3. This was a de-boarding. Dr. Dao was NOT bumped from the flight, he was de-boarded. Huge difference.
  4. United screwed up by boarding the flight. You do not board a flight, then realize you don't have enough seats. That gate agent ****** up royally. You get your volunteers and seat assignments prior. If you board then try to get passengers off, it's a recipe for disaster. They mismanaged the boarding process.
  5. United should not have stopped making offers to get volunteers to take another flight. They stopped at a free hotel and $800. Go to $1000. Then to $1200. Then to $2000. Whatever it costs. It will be cheaper than losing 4% of your marketshare and paying tens of millions of dollars in damages. They could have hired charter planes for each individual employee that needed to get to Louisville. Still cheaper. Dumb, stupid decision making. Whatever it costs, bid until you get volunteers.
  6. Piss poor scheduling. I'm sorry, have you ever heard of a computer? Investing in scheduling programs? How can you coordinate the scheduling of everything it takes to run a global airline, but not know until the last minute that 6 crew members are going to show up at the gate and say "We have to get to Louisville tomorrow" and you have to accommodate them at the expense of the customer? That's bullshit. Plan this **** out so that for a 200 person plane, you only sell 194 seats to customers because you know you'll need 6 seats for your crew. Inexcusable.
  7. Randomly selecting passengers. Stupid. Utterly dumb approach. Your random search landed on a Doctor who had patients to see in Louisville. You'd have been better off finding the daughter flying home to visit her parents. But you gambled and you lost. Idiotic.

This was the perfect storm when you couple in the fact that you get Chicago Airport Police - not even real police officers - who'd probably been itching their whole life to have a confrontation. And they assaulted the Dr., broke his nose, gave him a concussion and drug him off the plane like an animal.

I can see this being me, really, at some point. Last week I was stranded in New York. My wife and oldest son were leaving town that night, leaving my 14 year old home alone. I had to get home, period. We had no other options for him that night. My flights were delayed, then cancelled, I got trains, then they were cancelled. And I finally had to rent a car and drive home. Luckily I was in driving distance. I can imagine being in Chicago, too far away to drive, and having some gate agent approach me in my seat after treating me surly back in the waiting area. I can imagine her telling me (after charging me $100 for my bags and my seats, after delaying my flight due to their own scheduling errors), "Sir we need to get a flight crew to D.C., you've been randomly selected to get bumped from this flight." I can imagine me thinking about my son at home alone and looking at her and saying "You can go **** yourself. I paid for my seat, I have a son at home alone and I will be on this flight. You find another volunteer."

I expect in that moment I may risk being arrested. Fine. I do expect to get arrested without being assaulted.

I hope this is a Rosa Parks-like moment for air travelers and this situation and the tens of millions it will cost United will change air travel for those of us who SUFFER through their abuses regularly. Dr. Dao will rightfully win tens of millions.

Last edited:
If you want someone out of your house, you should be able to make them leave, right? United owns the plane. I think they have the same right.

If you want someone out of your house, you should be able to make them leave, right? United owns the plane. I think they have the same right.

Not when you rented a room in that house, accepted his money and then try ripping him out of the bed so your visiting son can sleep in there.

If you have a contract that states you can...I understand this is in the fine print when the you buy a ticket.

If you have a contract that states you can...I understand this is in the fine print when the you buy a ticket.

Force Majere, planes overweight and can't safely take off and fly? Sure.

But that isn't the case here. This is the airlines mistake in scheduling and over booking. Personally I think the airlines should be prosecuted for fraud for selling 320 tickets on an aircraft that has 280 seats.

I will say one thing, the meme's coming from this United Airlines mess are funny as ****.

I will say one thing, the meme's coming from this United Airlines mess are funny as ****.

17903546_1295816840454241_1544852792994956319_n.jpg

They haven't done that lately, but I always thought about that Jon Levitt skit on SNL. Flight attendant - "In the event of an emergency landing, put your head between your legs"..Passenger - "And kiss your *** GOODBYE"..Other passenger - "Oh YEAH!, Seen my last ballgame.."

Sorority girl speaks out. I'm shocked - shocked I say - by this response. She did nothing wrong. "It just escalated." MmmmHmmm. And mom & dad? Proud of their little baby girl who can do no wrong.

Read further if you expect to read unsurprising revelations. She is a victim who provoked no one. Innocent angel.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sorority girl who was body slammed at Bondi Beach Bar speaks out

A sorority girl who was body slammed to the ground by police outside a Colorado bar spoke on for the first time since a video of her arrest went viral.

Michaella Surat, 22, said she was left "humiliated" when Fort Collins police officers violently threw her to the ground outside Bondi Beach Bar on April 6, Daily Mail reports.

"All the bones were shattered in my face. I was just so humiliated because people were watching me.

"I can't go to school without feeling like someone is going to approach me and hurt me, I'm getting death threats online," she said through tears during a Good Morning America interview.

The encounter began when Surat approached police to try to find her boyfriend who was earlier pulled out of the bar because of a fight.

Police say she "shoulder checked" a bouncer and an officer while trying to get to him.

On Thursday, she insisted she had done nothing wrong when trying to find him.

"I found out my boyfriend got kicked out of the bar and so I went out to see what happened, and then the altercation happened and one thing led to another. It just escalated," she said.

Another reveller inside the bar recorded her arrest on their cell phone. The shocking footage was shared on Instagram and Twitter where it has since been viewed more than 800,000 times.

It showed the officer tossing her to the ground in one motion, her legs and high heels flying up behind her as her face landed on the concrete.

Surat's family shared photographs of her injuries afterwards. They included a dark blue bruise on her chin, a concussion and bruises on her legs.

"All the bones were shattered in my face. I was just so humiliated because people were watching me.

"I can't go to school without feeling like someone is going to approach me and hurt me, I'm getting death threats online," she said through tears during a Good Morning America interview.

The encounter began when Surat approached police to try to find her boyfriend who was earlier pulled out of the bar because of a fight.

Police say she "shoulder checked" a bouncer and an officer while trying to get to him.

On Thursday, she insisted she had done nothing wrong when trying to find him.

"I found out my boyfriend got kicked out of the bar and so I went out to see what happened, and then the altercation happened and one thing led to another. It just escalated," she said.

It showed the officer tossing her to the ground in one motion, her legs and high heels flying up behind her as her face landed on the concrete.

Surat's family shared photographs of her injuries afterwards. They included a dark blue bruise on her chin, a concussion and bruises on her legs.

"I can't open my mouth to eat," said the college student on Thursday as she showed the camera how her facial bruise stretches up her jaw line to her ears.

Fort Collins Police are investigating the incident and are refusing to release the officer's body camera footage until they have reached a conclusion.

They say the social media video lacks "context". While Surat's lawyer admits she was "highly agitated" and "irritated" before she was thrown to the ground, both he and her family say she did not deserve to be treated so violently.

"I was still equally as appalled. She was confused about where her boyfriend was. She was certainly irritated, highly irritated and agitated. Nothing I saw in that video warranted the very aggressive response I saw from the officer. Nothing," her attorney said on Friday.

Surat's parents said they could not even watch the video.

"Seeing my daughter planted on the ground like that, it went chin, body, feet," her mother said. Her father said she may have died.

"One little hair off differently, that could have been her death."

The college student herself echoed the angry comments of hundreds of thousands of social media viewers who have accused the officers of using excessive force.

"It shouldn't happen to anyone no matter their size, race, colour, whatever," she said.

Surat was charged with third degree assault and with obstructing a peace officer. She will return to court next month.

Her family has not pursued civil action against the police department.

All the bones were shattered in her face? So, not the brightest bulb, but her mom is right. That could have easily been fatal.

You ever seen anyone that shattered every bone in their face? I have, and it leaves more than a dark bruise on your chin. I doubt the validity of that claim. Kevin Stevens doubts it as well.