• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sorry, bad calls-------- going public

Whoever the woman was on that officiating crew yesterday was downright, terrible. She was the one that called that offside penalty, she tried to say Bigsby was down on the fumble. She made atleast one other terrible call. This is what happens when someone is hired because of diversity policies instead of their abilities.
Oh, I wouldn't be so quick to blame it on diversity. There are plenty of male refs working NFL games that suck just as bad as that female. And the Steelers have been hosed by most of 'em.

Gotsis deflected Pickett's pass and continued to hit him AND drive him into the ground. It was textbook roughing.
I'm pretty sure that in the case of a tipped ball, all bets are off. But still, the ref sucked badly

I find it funny that they are people bitching about the refs after Sunday's game but last weekend against the Rams we were gifted some calls, especially the 4th down spot, it goes both ways
Those gifts were bullshit too. That was horrible officiating and it sure seemed like they wanted the Steelers to win that game, didn't it?

If all the refs were really hot babes the fans would like the refs.

I'm pretty sure that in the case of a tipped ball, all bets are off. But still, the ref sucked badly

No, all bets are not off. Not when it comes to the QB. There can't be PI after a tipped ball, but you still can't take the QB and drive them into the ground when you know they don't have the ball.

The refs were horrendous in that game. Everyone is complaining about that call that is literally NEVER called. Even the former NFL Officiating VP said it should not have been called. But, that was just one of the horrendous calls and missed calls in the game that all seemed to go against the Steelers.

Personally not a fan of players whining about calls. But that presupposes good faith effort on the refs and sometimes there are just bad calls. The reffing has become a full shitshow and, worse, the "bad" calls look to be intentional and are now regularly game changing. Those aren't bad calls not to be whined about, those go to the heart of whether the NFL is both watchable (right now, it is not) AND trustworthy. The latter is the big one for me. Refs make bad calls, it is part of the human element of the game. But once the NFL is no longer trustworthy the product is nothing more than the WWE. And that isn't what I want to watch.

So going back to the offensive offside call. Something I have never seen. Just went back to see how this crew ref'd last week and guess what???? The same referee crew and the exact same ref called an offensive offside penalty against the Eagles just last week on a 4th and 1 which they converted! Same exact thing where a guys helmet barely, like barely touches the back of the ball and flag thrown. Youtube "eagles dolphins offensive offsides" and it's right there....same crew. WTF?

4th & 1 at MIA 37​

(13:15 - 2nd) (No Huddle) J.Hurts up the middle to MIA 33 for 4 yards (J.Holland). Penalty on MIA-Z.Sieler, Defensive Offside, offsetting, enforced at MIA 37 - No Play. Penalty on PHI-L.Dickerson, Offensive Offside, offsetting.

• Referees:
  • Rick Patterson
  • Greg Yette
  • Boris Cheek
  • Sarah Thomas
  • Brad Allen
  • Duane Heydt
  • Walt Flowers

Last edited:
So going back to the offensive offside call. Something I have never seen. Just went back to see how this crew ref'd last week and guess what???? The same referee crew and the exact same ref called an offensive offside penalty against the Eagles just last week on a 4th and 1 which they converted! Same exact thing where a guys helmet barely, like barely touches the back of the ball and flag thrown. Youtube "eagles dolphins offensive offsides" and it's right there....same crew. WTF?

4th & 1 at MIA 37​

(13:15 - 2nd) (No Huddle) J.Hurts up the middle to MIA 33 for 4 yards (J.Holland). Penalty on MIA-Z.Sieler, Defensive Offside, offsetting, enforced at MIA 37 - No Play. Penalty on PHI-L.Dickerson, Offensive Offside, offsetting.

• Referees:
  • Rick Patterson
  • Greg Yette
  • Boris Cheek
  • Sarah Thomas
  • Brad Allen
  • Duane Heydt
  • Walt Flowers
So looks like it is more idiotic in nature than pre planned.

So looks like it is more idiotic in nature than pre planned.
Nah, you know women are hyper sensitive about details and love to point out when a man is in the wrong.

Sarah: "Okay RIck, I got offensive off sides on the right guard...His helmet was at least a tenth of a millimeter over the back of the ball."

Rick: "really. Sarah? are you serious right now?"

Sarah: "Oh yeah Rick, I couldn't believe he was THAT far over either!"

Oh, I wouldn't be so quick to blame it on diversity. There are plenty of male refs working NFL games that suck just as bad as that female. And the Steelers have been hosed by most of 'em.
That's true too. In my opinion, no one else makes that offsides call except someone new that is probably not qualified for the job and new. Tomlin even said it's the first time he's ever seen that call made.

This is the correct answer. The female didn't call the PI or roughing call. Reffing stinks across the board, but it is a very hard job in real time. More things need to be reviewable

That's true too. In my opinion, no one else makes that offsides call except someone new that is probably not qualified for the job and new. Tomlin even said it's the first time he's ever seen that call made.
Bet DJ gets fined for his related comment...

Glad you said it because I was going to say the same thing…

Diversity should be limited to men in this instance..i.e...race,/religion/etc....Gender diversity should not be considered.

There are more than enough capable, qualified, and deserving men that have prepped for and worked very hard to get the opportunity to be an NFL official, and deserve to do so.

IMHO---there is no place for gender diversity in competitive sports...including officiating..

The reason men officiate woman sports is because there is not enough capable and qualified woman to do the job across the country, from high school to pro women sports.

Last edited:
Your original post, IMO, was microaggressive.

4th & 1 at MIA 37​

• Referees:
  • Rick Patterson
  • Greg Yette
  • Boris Cheek
  • Sarah Thomas
  • Brad Allen
  • Duane Heydt
  • Walt Flowers
I think the woman yesterday was Robin DeLorenzo

Was the topic of the day on my internet front page and not from Steeler fans. After emotion gone watching replay it still was as bad as yesterday. When you observe Tomlin three times saying something can you imagine Hairball yesterday.

Don't throw rocks at me, but if they were really out to screw us, they wouldn't have given us that fumble. It was close enough that I was really afraid they'd overturn the already overturned call on the field and give it back to the jags. I honestly thought it was a 50/50 call, and was shocked when it went our way.

Our team, for the most part, sucks, regardless of how bad the refs cheat/suck.

The reporters ask the questions. DJ went to far. Boz answered the question. I've seen several instances of tackle not bisected centre. I've seen many Tackles allowed a strange figet pre snap. It was a terrible call and poorly refree game. If the Steelers played better it would have been a better argument.

Don't throw rocks at me, but if they were really out to screw us, they wouldn't have given us that fumble. It was close enough that I was really afraid they'd overturn the already overturned call on the field and give it back to the jags. I honestly thought it was a 50/50 call, and was shocked when it went our way.

Our team, for the most part, sucks, regardless of how bad the refs cheat/suck.
They got to the point where it was gonna be a riot. The male ref took it out of her hands. I think he was right but admittedly it couod have gone whatever way it was called on field.

Remember this was one week after the Steelers got a gift of a DPI and a spot on fourth down. The refs definitely aren't out to screw the Steelers, they just aren't very good to miss some basic calls on a weekly basis.

I don't think any of the calls or non-calls changed the outcome of the game, the Steelers are just a bad football team right now. However, it is mind boggling to see blatant calls missed or enforced every single game. Seems like there have been more really bad calls this year than in the past and the refs seem eager to pull out the flag more than ever.
Hard to watch the game when waiting for a flag on every play.