• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sorry, bad calls-------- going public

We can agree that the refereeing was terrible. It was. The phantom PI call on Pierre was the beginning.

But the problem is that the NFL now has so many rules with so much subjective evaluation that anything can be called any time, and that leads to horrendous calls and inconsistent calls.

Opening game, the Chiefs LT is lined up in the backfield. Same LT starts early a half-dozen times. Michael Oher jumped early his entire career. Refs:

schultz.gif

Seaumalo lines up with his helmet 3" into the neutral zone. "PENALTY!!"

TJ Watt mauled, held, face mask shoved up multiple times per game. Refs:

schultz.gif

Chris Bozwell took to social media about the Guard being offsides penalty. It was an incorrect call and at minimum it should have been offsetting penalties.

The STEELERS culture has sure changed. Has it come to whining about the refs? Should it even get to that point?

What say you?

Salute the nation
Ya got to when we can only get FGs

It's all about betting lines.
Now that the NFL is officially in bed with Vegas, I am 100% certain the league is told SEVERAL times a week how things "need to go".

It's all about betting lines.
Now that the NFL is officially in bed with Vegas, I am 100% certain the league is told SEVERAL times a week how things "need to go".

YOU and I both know that games are manipulated, win or lose, the score is Evidence .

Salute the nation

How do I get 113 points?

Do I have to cuss out the Steelers?
You add two numbers together that = 113

Or add 14.125 classic Canada Crayola boxes which obviously= 113 crayons as long as Matt didn't hungry hippo any of them down.

The NFL is still behind soccer in terms of diversity. Not sure gays or trannies are at all represented. We have a lot of work to do.
And who better to take the bull by the horns than Rooney.

Whoever the woman was on that officiating crew yesterday was downright, terrible. She was the one that called that offside penalty, she tried to say Bigsby was down on the fumble. She made atleast one other terrible call. This is what happens when someone is hired because of diversity policies instead of their abilities.
How dare you assume she is a woman? What gives you the right? "They" may identify as non-binary. You people disgust me.

Last edited:
So going back to the offensive offside call. Something I have never seen. Just went back to see how this crew ref'd last week and guess what???? The same referee crew and the exact same ref called an offensive offside penalty against the Eagles just last week on a 4th and 1 which they converted! Same exact thing where a guys helmet barely, like barely touches the back of the ball and flag thrown. Youtube "eagles dolphins offensive offsides" and it's right there....same crew. WTF?

4th & 1 at MIA 37​

(13:15 - 2nd) (No Huddle) J.Hurts up the middle to MIA 33 for 4 yards (J.Holland). Penalty on MIA-Z.Sieler, Defensive Offside, offsetting, enforced at MIA 37 - No Play. Penalty on PHI-L.Dickerson, Offensive Offside, offsetting.

• Referees:
  • Rick Patterson
  • Greg Yette
  • Boris Cheek
  • Sarah Thomas
  • Brad Allen
  • Duane Heydt
  • Walt Flowers
Not trying to argue, the woman was bad. But on this play live, the refs huddle up and one of the male refs clearly says "I'm positive" so he called that offsides penalty, not the woman.

Remember this was one week after the Steelers got a gift of a DPI and a spot on fourth down. The refs definitely aren't out to screw the Steelers, they just aren't very good to miss some basic calls on a weekly basis.

The DPI was nullified by a pretty weak taunting call. The spot was bad, but the clock management by the Rams was worse. They would have won the challenge had they not wasted their TO's. Let's not forget the offside call on TJ, where he wasn't offside or in the neutral zone on a 3rd and short.

Or the catch that wasn't a catch because they wouldn't finish showing the replay.

This female ref was terrible. She looked scared too. The first female official was actually pretty descent. This one though-

The first female ref had been a ref for several years at lower levels. The NFL did skip her ahead several years in her development but at least she had a legit resume. Now I'm seeing female refs all over the place. There is no way all of these female refs came up through the ranks. I'm guessing they were put on a very accelerated track and have resumes nowhere near guys who are currently reffing MAC games.

I find it funny that they are people bitching about the refs after Sunday's game but last weekend against the Rams we were gifted some calls, especially the 4th down spot, it goes both ways

That example is of poor officiating is not being excluded.
There were those here who acknowledged that the spot was "a gift", and no one refuted that it wasn't.

So why b i t c h? Its only human nature not to b i tc h about it when it goes your way.

The first female ref had been a ref for several years at lower levels. The NFL did skip her ahead several years in her development but at least she had a legit resume. Now I'm seeing female refs all over the place. There is no way all of these female refs came up through the ranks. I'm guessing they were put on a very accelerated track and have resumes nowhere near guys who are currently reffing MAC games.
Diversity is OK, just don't sacrifice quality in the name of diversity.

Your original post, IMO, was microaggressive.
Sorry. Hiring for the look instead of skill can backfire. I've seen in at my own job and it's the reality. My opinion is actually the total opposite of what businesses are looking for in their hiring process. I don't care about looks, give me hard working and qualified. Not sure how that can possibly be turned into a negative comment.

Diversity is OK, just don't sacrifice quality in the name of diversity.

games are one thing, but the same is now happening in fields like engineering. What can go wrong there?

Just re-watched the 96 Adam Gotsis 31 years old not a kid by any stretch and knows what he is doing, 6'4", 290 lbs, pile drive Kenny Picket into the ground, if the NFL does not fine him, that office should be boarded up and abandon. If you watch the kinetics of the hit, 1. Gotsis hips end above his shoulders, that indicates momentum from the lower body being transfer to his upper body (his shoulder) onto Kenny. Mental note: the only part part of Gotsis touching the ground are his toes, unless he is Baryshnikov the rest of his weight is on Kenny. 2. His hips square up to Kenny before impact to make sure that as much energy as possible is transfer onto Kenny. 3. after impact he drives farther forward making this an easy roughing the passer call. I don't care if this was the first time he ever did this, he has been around too long to not be fined for this. He really did not try to hide his intent. Referee from another camera angle is not even looking at the impact which is his job. Injuring a QB on a hit like that should be league max fine for impact and injury.

Salute the slighted nation

Last edited:
That fine they gave the Ravens fullback, who did what fullbacks do, lead block! That is going to be the end of this game as we know it.

I hope they have some mid-season meeting and unfuck themselves when it come to this game.

If you just want it all passing and scoring make it flag football.

Most of your fans will find something else to do with their time and money.

It's absolutely a **** product like this.

That fine they gave the Ravens fullback, who did what fullbacks do, lead block! That is going to be the end of this game as we know it.

I hope they have some mid-season meeting and unfuck themselves when it come to this game.

If you just want it all passing and scoring make it flag football.

Most of your fans will find something else to do with their time and money.

It's absolutely a **** product like this.

Football as we know it has started changing 20 years or more ago, when the Fantasy Football took affect. Then the ****-ing cheatriots added to the demise, blatant cheating was allowed. The “Rog” took to personally demising the STEELERS, and still does to this day (look at last two games of penalties).

It will never go back to even similarly to what it was.

Rest assured, this fan will ONLY go as long as the STEELERS are true and somewhat legitimate.

Salute the nation